The Scars Run Deep (Updated - 3/29/2004)

Ruined

Explorer
Thanks for the good words all. Great to see the Scarred Lands regulars (and Horacio, the Story Hour Regular), here on the forum.

And I hope you do like it, madriel. We're gonna be talking about you a lot in this campaign. :D

The players have begun to lurk on this forum. Trean's player has a good description written up of her. I'll see if I can convince her to log in and post it.

jenna3

First Post
Description of Trean

This is looking really good, Ruined. Personally, I like the dialog colors. Well, I know a request when I read one. The following is a rather long-winded description of Trean mixed with a bit of history.

Tréan of Madriel
I’ll begin with Tréan’s stats: She is 4’10” and 87 lbs with long, golden blonde hair, blue eyes, fair skin and slightly pointed ears. Enough of that boring stuff. When Tréan is in the temples, of course, she wears her priestly robes as she goes about her duties. Tréan was born in the Temple of Madriel in Angelsgate, Durrover. Her mother was an elf and a dedicant of the temple, her father a soldier of opposing forces and a human. Tréan was raised by the temple and has become a Priestess of Madriel, the Redeemer, First Angel of Mercy.

While many acolytes of Madriel take up healing and gardening as their main arts, these were never enough for Tréan. Due to her not unusual circumstances of conception, Tréan’s focus turned in a different direction. She started her work early with the orphans of War that were numerous in the area and found this work very satisfying. As she grew older, however, she found herself yearning to take a more active role.

After long years practicing the healing arts and seeing the suffering of so many, she chose to join the Order of the Morning Sky. This has given her the opportunity to travel outside of Durrover, answering the please of the sick. She has assisted in containing plagues, taking down the offensive minions of Undead, and spreading the message of Madriel, the Redeemer to all. No matter her posting now, she is always wearing her two sacred symbols: the Spear with the Peacock feathers for her work with Madriel, and her medallion of the Order.

When Tréan is not in the temple, she dresses with far less flair. She has always favored leather trousers over the sometimes-encumbering dresses that other women wear. Her leather boots match very nicely with them. She prefers to dress most often in the colors of yellow, gold, blue and green, with the occasional burst of red. She rarely carries many of her belongings with her except for her healing kit and some basic tools of self-defense. Barring high heat, she usually completes her outfit with a sky blue cloak to go with the sacred medallions around her neck. There is no mistaking the profession of this half-elf.

When Tréan is traveling through hostile lands or expecting trouble, she wears her scale mail armor. The heavy coat and leggings are a bit cumbersome, but that is acceptable in the interest of safety. A small buckler completes the look with her long-spear at her side. Even with her armor, Tréan prefers to wear her sky blue cloak. Many misunderstand the work of her Order and she prefers not to frighten them unnecessarily by riding through their lands so blatantly outfitted for a fight. She finds that the reminder of the First Angel of Mercy helps to reassure those who see her that she is working against suffering.

Hope you like it.

Jenna

jenna3

First Post
Thanks for the feedback

Thanks for the feedback, it's good to know y'all like it. This is actually my first time on the Story Hour or even on EN World, so all feedback is appreciated.

TTFN--Jenna

Silas

First Post
Hey all, I will be also posting here a bit to give you guys a little more info in Silas. Im at work this very instant but you can expect more later ;)

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Silas said:
Hey all, I will be also posting here a bit to give you guys a little more info in Silas. Im at work this very instant but you can expect more later ;)

Don't you mean MY campaign...?

Ruined

Explorer
Heh heh. No, I don't think so, Nightfall. Sorry about the confusion, but I didn't even think that our elven protagonist would be confused with Sir Silas from your game. Not to worry, they will become very distinctive as the two games grow...

Remove ads