• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Scrying Pool

The_Universe

First Post
There's no way to tell where he is?

Can I tell what the men around him are? Are they living or unliving?

No way to tell where, geographically, no. He's underground or in a building - that's what you know.

The men around him appear to be alive.

Any decision about what Justice sees when she tries to scry for Mom? If it's not successful, she'll shift her attempts to something else...

Like just scrying for the armor that she saw when scrying on Darkson.

The_Universe

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Any decision about what Justice sees when she tries to scry for Mom? If it's not successful, she'll shift her attempts to something else...

Like just scrying for the armor that she saw when scrying on Darkson.
You can't scry for the armor - only people (I think).

As for Katherine Preston...

For a moment in the pool, you see a flash of a willow branch, a grey stone cavern rising from what appears to be a swampy marsh, and a sea of scaly bodies bowing in waves toward the cave's mouth. And then the contact is lost. Repeated attempts gain nothing.

The_Universe said:
You can't scry for the armor - only people (I think).

As for Katherine Preston...

For a moment in the pool, you see a flash of a willow branch, a grey stone cavern rising from what appears to be a swampy marsh, and a sea of scaly bodies bowing in waves toward the cave's mouth. And then the contact is lost. Repeated attempts gain nothing.
I don't have any idea where this is? My first guess would be somewhere in the West...

If Justice brought Kaereth to Master Ryoko, maybe he could put on one of the rings for a moment so that I could share the image and see if he knew where it was... (that make sense?)

Xath

Moder-gator
The description struck me as Tiamat's tomb, but I could be way out on a limb. However, we don't really know where that is.

The_Universe

First Post
Xath said:
The description struck me as Tiamat's tomb, but I could be way out on a limb. However, we don't really know where that is.
Yeah - scry (unfortunately) doesn't really help you pinpoint a place on a map. You might be able to Teleport there, though (the margin of error would be high, however).

If Justice brought Kaereth to Master Ryoko, maybe he could put on one of the rings for a moment so that I could share the image and see if he knew where it was... (that make sense?)
I don't see any reason why you couldn't.

He doesn't recognize the location - it's nowhere in his former lands (that he knows of).

Remove ads