• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Scrying Pool

Laurel

First Post
Queen_Dopplepopolis said:
Sorry - habit. When everything but your spells (and even some of your spells) are charisma based, you tend to revert. Whoops. Apologies for any confusion I caused you. Anyway - Justice is in the wisdom increasing market... just wanted to know WHAT items you got to get your mod that high... that's all I've been trying to determine. :)
It was more that your math didn't make sense. If spelling things out was 10+spell lvl+mod, how could that equal the same thing when a -7 was included somehow in the configuring?

Since we have this sudden need to see everything laid out what's Justice's?

Laurel said:
Since we have this sudden need to see everything laid out what's Justice's?

Whoops - thinking Paladin... 10+5+6 = 21.

10 + 5 + 6 = 21.

Wisdom is 18 (+4 modifier normally, with Owl's Wisdom is +2). Wasn't adding in Darkson's modifiers to the save, just giving Kennon the information he needed to make the roll so that he could post what information I would get from my scrying attempts. Sorry if it confused you, was just giving Kennon the info he had requested.

I'm really not trying to offend you, Kat. There is no need to spell things out if you don't want to. I was talking to Kennon about equipment to increase my Wisdom - he said, "Kat seems to have gotten some pretty sweet equipment" and so I was trying to figure out what it was. That's all. I am really, really sorry if that somehow made you upset or angry.

Laurel

First Post
10 + 5 + 6 = 21.

Wisdom is 18 (+4 modifier normally, with Owl's Wisdom is +2). Wasn't adding in Darkson's modifiers to the save, just giving Kennon the information he needed to make the roll so that he could post what information I would get from my scrying attempts. Sorry if it confused you, was just giving Kennon the info he had requested.
That answers it. Thank you. All I was confused about.

I was just trying to get through the continued questions, and as I stated I was trying to ask Kennon to make sure what I had figured would/did work. Thought I could be allowed more then a few hours to double check everything with the DM.

So I added +4 to her headpeice as would a periapt of wisdom. Orginal cost 16,000gp so headpeice x1.5= 24,000. They go up to a +6, but that's around 54,000gp to get into the headpiece.

As I already stated her DC is 10 +Spell Level (4) +Wisdom modifier (5) +Owls wisdom (2)= 21
Keeping in mind her orginal DC without the equipment was a 19. That means originally her mod was a +3 and her actual score was a 17 with the +4 it takes her score up to a 21 with a mod of +5

Any other questions?:p

The_Universe

First Post
Scrying attempts:

For L'Aurel:

Your attempts to scry on Laren repeatedly fail. As you send your spirit through the water to search him out, it is as if something is obscuring your vision. He is hidden by powerful forces - and no matter your connection to him, you cannot seem to break through the veil that covers him.

For Justice:

Darkson, however, is a different matter. You attempt to scry on him four times, and though two of the attempts fail, two succeed: the first and last.

In the first, your agent materializes near Darkson, and he appears to be writing quickly in a large book - even your limited nautical knowledge is able to identify it as a captain's log. He writes by lamplight, in cramped quarters: personal effects litter the small area that you can actually see.

He does not seem to notice the sliver of your spirit that you have sent to spy on him, but you cannot be completely certain. Mere moments after you begin to watch him, the book snaps closed, and he places it in a large, locked chest.

The room itself is opulent, if small - the deck and walls of his quarters seem to be made of a material other than wood, but of what you cannot be certain. The floor seems to rock slightly beneath his feet. You can guess that the ship is at sea - but what ship? And where?

He stands, walking toward a set of steps and a small, windowless door. A scaly, fanged face meets him, and then the scrying fades....

In the second success:

Three weeks later, you make contact again. This time, Darkson is not alone. Rough, capable-looking men surround him, each wearing the uniform of a member of the Army of the East. He carries a torch in one hand and a captain's sabre in the other. It is dark, dusty - the men have cobwebs draped over their shoulders; it is as if they had donned pauldrons only to have them turn to dust.

No sunlight shines here - they are either deep within an above ground structure, or beneath one: the ground is steady beneath their feet.

You follow them for a few moments, as they step gingerly through the ancient labyrinth. They pause, and Darkson draws closer to something. Out of the fog, a bronze urn glitters in the torch light: beneath it, balances a golden breastplate. Above it, a sword not unlike your own. He reaches for the sword, but pauses. He turns, facing your unseen sensor: he shouts something, you cannot hear what. Suddenly, the view goes dark.

Laurel

First Post
The_Universe said:
For Justice: Darkson, however, is a different matter. You attempt to scry on him four times, and though two of the attempts fail, two succeed: the first and last.
See Justice didn't even need the buffs. :p

Remove ads