The Seas of Blood (a piritical game) - Full

Bront

The man with the probe
Look forward to it.

There was a Magical Shipwright idea floating out there that might interest you. Someone said they were going to draw it up, and I haven't seen it, that's a thought.

Also, I believe the rule on "manufactured" items is 70% cost of initial gold. And if you could, be sure to set aside 5K gold for the ship :)

TroyXavier

First Post
Okay Kerwin's done. Let me know if anything isn't kosher

Kerwin Swiftswimmer
Human Ranger/Barbarian/Animal Lord (3, 2, 3)

Str 24 Dex 13 Con 15
Int 10 Wis 10 Cha 10
HP 87 AC 15
FS +12 RS +8 WS +3

Attack
Melee Long Spear +16 (+18 Raging, +20 vs Monstrous Humanoids)
Dmg 1d8+11 (+13 +2d6 vs MH)
Club +14 (+16 Raging)
1d6+6

Ranged
Javelin +14
1d6+6 Range Increment 30 feet

Feats
1 Power Attack Human Brutal Throw (Adds Strength instead of Dex to ranged attacks)
3 Improved Swimming (Swim half speed as move action full speed as a move action)
6 Improved Toughness (+1 HP per HD)
Ranger: Track Ranger: Rapid Shot Ranger: Endurance

Abilities
Favored Enemy (Monstrous Humanoid)
Rage 1/day
Uncanny Dodge
Fast Movement
Wild Empathy
Animal Bond (Sharks) +4 Handle Animal and Wild Empathy checks
Detect Animals (Sharks only) At Will
First Totem +4 Swim Checks
Low Light Vision
Wild Aspect (Gain 1d8 Bite Attack and Breathe Water for 3 minutes a day)

Skills
Swim 11 ranks (+21)
Survival 9 ranks (+9)
Intimidate 2 ranks (+2)
Jump 6 ranks (+12)
Listen 1 rank (+1)
Balance(CC) 4 ranks (+5)
Profession (Sailor) 3 ranks (+3)
Handle Animal 3 ranks (+3/+7 with sharks)
Spot 2 ranks (+2)
Use Rope 1 rank (+2)

Items (56,882+ 2 silver) Remaining 3,117 GP 8 SP
Monstrous Humanoid Bane Shocking Long Spear +2 (Longtooth) (32,305)
Vine Belt of Giant Strength +4 (16,000)
Leather Armor +2 (4,160)
Cloak of Resistance +1 (1,000)
2 Potions of Bull’s Strength (600)
2 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds (1,500)
1 Potion of Good Hope (1,050)
1 Potion of Enlarge Person (250)
3 Javelins (3)
Club (-)
2 Large Sacks (2 Silver Pieces)
50 feet Silk Rope (10)
Shark Tooth Necklace (-)
3 sets of clothes (3)
Tindertwig (1)

Personality: Kerwin tends to be quiet at first until he gets familiar with the situation. If he has consumed alcohol however, he can be quite boisterous and rowdy. He is eager to explore the world and see the many wonders it must contain. He feels an empathy with sharks and will get into an arguement with anyone who puts such creatures down. He enjoys nothing more than a good hunt or a good fight but will also be perfectly willing to negotiate if an opponent poses no obvious threat.

Background:
Kerwin Swiftswimmer is an island native who felt a kinship for the sea from the time he could walk. His tribe was renowned for both fishing and boatbuilding, crafts Kerwin quickly learned. They were also quite talented at hunting. When Kerwin was of age he went on these hunting expeditions. Kerwin however felt different. He felt a need to explore. The elders did not approve of such ideas. They were afraid that he would be killed if he were to continue such foolish actions. For a while, Kerwin grudgingly accepted this. He worked on his skills with the long spear. He also spent long periods swimming. The ocean was one place where he felt at peace. He saw many wonders and incredible sites under the water. He knew that the ocean could not be the only place that held such wonders. Somehow, he would have to leave his tribe. He would get his chance when a ship was blown off course. The pirates that landed on the island decided that since they were on the island, they would re-supply and recruit some new members. Seeing this as a chance to get off the island and to explore the world, Kerwin enlisted with the pirates. Kerwin spent much of his time on the ship improving his fighting techniques. He also was willing to dive under the ship to clean off the debris that inevitably gathered upon it. For reasons Kerwin did not quite understand, the sharks that often menaced other sailors seemed quite friendly with him. He realized that he had an empathy with the sharks which would eventually become a bond. The captain realized that this was quite an asset for the crew. If anyone went over, Kerwin was assigned the task of rescuing them if sharks were involved. Kerwin has since transferred to his current ship after receving a better offer. With his spear Longtooth, he fights and sails and enjoys exploring the world.

Last edited:

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
TroyXavier said:
Let me know if anything isn't kosher

Favoured Enemy bonus applies to damage, but not attack rolls.

The 250gp price for a potion of Enlarge Person is generally considered to be a cut&paste error from 3E - there's no longer a major advantage in brewing the potion at Caster Level 5, so a Caster Level 1 version (easier to dispel, only lasts one minute instead of 5, otherwise identical) is only 50gp. But the DM might want to comment on that one.

-Hyp.

LogicsFate

First Post
Bront said:
Look forward to it.

There was a Magical Shipwright idea floating out there that might interest you. Someone said they were going to draw it up, and I haven't seen it, that's a thought.

Also, I believe the rule on "manufactured" items is 70% cost of initial gold. And if you could, be sure to set aside 5K gold for the ship :)

Yes, Xael mentioned it but hasn't been heard from since, if he's still around we could just work different areas

Phoenix

First Post
TroyXavier said:
Okay Kerwin's done. Let me know if anything isn't kosher

Kerwin Swiftswimmer
Human Ranger/Barbarian/Animal Lord (3, 2, 3)

Str 24 Dex 13 Con 15
Int 10 Wis 10 Cha 10
HP 87 AC 15
FS +12 RS +8 WS +3

Attack
Melee Long Spear +16 (+18 Raging, +20/+22 vs Monstrous Humanoids)
Dmg 1d8+11
Club +14 (+16 Raging, +18 vs Monstrous Humanoids)
1d6+6

Ranged
Javelin +14 (+16 vs Monstrous Humanoids)
1d6+6 Range Increment 30 feet

Feats
1 Power Attack Human Brutal Throw
3 Improved Swimming 6 Improved Toughness (+1 HP per HD)
Ranger: Track Ranger: Rapid Shot Ranger: Endurance

Abilities
Favored Enemy (Monstrous Humanoid)
Rage 1/day
Uncanny Dodge
Fast Movement
Wild Empathy
Animal Bond (Sharks) +4 Handle Animal and Wild Empathy checks
Detect Animals (Sharks only) At Will
First Totem +4 Swim Checks
Low Light Vision
Wild Aspect (Gain 1d8 Bite Attack and Breathe Water for 3 minutes a day)

Well...

a) there is no background
b) you haven't detailed the non srd feats and so forth

Xael

First Post
LogicsFate said:
Yes, Xael mentioned it but hasn't been heard from since, if he's still around we could just work different areas
I didn't have computer or book access in the weekend, and didn't manage to finish the character before. I should be able to finish him today. He's going to be mainly a shipwright, and your idea seemed to include mainly weaponry, so I doubt they'd get each other's way.

Remove ads