The Seas of Blood (a piritical game) - Full

AmorFati

First Post
Here is what I got so far. Trying for the Navigator spot.

Meenaa Shoulin

Meenaa was brought up in Tavenport by her mum. Her father she never knew and her mother refused to ever talk about him. Meenaa always suspected that he might be a pirate, and that was the reason her mother tried to teach her to hate all things that had to do with pirates. As a young girl, it was hard to pretend, but it got easier with the years. Now, her mother passed away, Meenaa is on her own.

She met captain Swoops in port a couple of years ago, and talked her way aboard the ship. Since then, she havn't left it. She's taken on the mantle of Navigator, as well as honing her innate magical abilities. She secretly have a small crush on Phineas, but she would never ever have the guts to tell him that. Blasting other pirates to pieces, no problem. Opening her heart for the ones that might need it, never.

Meenaa is a sorceress. As of yet, I am not sure what magic school I should focus on, to help in naval battle/sitations, any suggestions?

Phoenix: You said PHB races only, so playing an Aasimar is out of question then?

Last edited:

Phoenix

First Post
AmorFati said:
Here is what I got so far. Trying for the Navigator spot.

Meenaa is a sorceress. As of yet, I am not sure what magic school I should focus on, to help in naval battle/sitations, any suggestions?

Phoenix: You said PHB races only, so playing an Aasimar is out of question then?

Yes, it is out of the question.

It's a nice start to the background, can't wait to see more detail and history. Feel free to make things up, lots of things....you are 8th level after all and weren't born that way.... ;)

I like PC backstory, gives me something to work on, improvise, you sure won't break anything.

AmorFati

First Post
Phoenix said:
Yes, it is out of the question.

It's a nice start to the background, can't wait to see more detail and history. Feel free to make things up, lots of things....you are 8th level after all and weren't born that way.... ;)

I like PC backstory, gives me something to work on, improvise, you sure won't break anything.

No problem, I figured the +1 LA was messing it up anyway. I guess I'll go human Sorcerer, loooking at spells now, to build her background on.. Do you allow spells from the Complete books?

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
AmorFati said:
No problem, I figured the +1 LA was messing it up anyway. I guess I'll go human Sorcerer, mostly transmutation spells... Do you allow spells from the Complete books?
I believe he will if you tell them to him first. He doesn't have the books with him, so anything non-standard needs to be explained. (And possibly approved).

On a side note, A few Survival and knowledge geography ranks would be usefull for the navigator. (If it makes you feel any better, I've spent at least 30 skill points on skills of questionable use but general ship applications and may rarely use some of them, and not all of them are PrC required.)

Phoenix

First Post
AmorFati said:
No problem, I figured the +1 LA was messing it up anyway. I guess I'll go human Sorcerer, loooking at spells now, to build her background on.. Do you allow spells from the Complete books?

If you 'll detail them here, keep in mind though that if you select a great deal of combat spells you'll be weakening your character, they'll be combat no doubt, but a lot of other stuff too...

Bront

The man with the probe
Phoenix said:
If you 'll detail them here, keep in mind though that if you select a great deal of combat spells you'll be weakening your character, they'll be combat no doubt, but a lot of other stuff too...
In his other game, I've been involve in a whole 2 rounds of combat, and generaly been more interested in fleeing it when I got a potential second opertunity to enter it. I still don't know if I killed anything in the first one (or if the target was already dead :confused: ).

Just to give you a sample. Might be a bit more combat in this game due to it's piraty nature, but probably not combat heavy by any means.

AmorFati

First Post
Phoenix said:

Nah, not focusing on combat spells, rather spells that might be handy at sea in general.

As for the skills, I was looking at the Able Learner feat from Races of Destiny. What it does is that cross-class skills cost 1 skill point/rank instead of 2skill points/rank.

Bront

The man with the probe
AmorFati said:
Nah, not focusing on combat spells, rather spells that might be handy at sea in general.

As for the skills, I was looking at the Able Learner feat from Races of Destiny. What it does is that cross-class skills cost 1 skill point/rank instead of 2skill points/rank.
Human (Or doppleganger) only I believe, right?

Bront

The man with the probe
AmorFati said:
Yes, and can only be taken at 1st level. cross-class skills still have the same maximum rank, but is "cheaper" to get.
Yup, very nice, and usefull for a more flexable character (Especialy when you need either lots of cross class skills, and have few skill points). I have a character with it myself, more just point out the restrictions to Pheonix :)

Remove ads