• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Seas of Blood - The Price of Fame (Chapter One)

Phoenix

First Post
a'Shelys:
[sblock]150gp was needed.[/sblock]

Bart:
[sblock]Bardic Knowledge check (DC variable) +20 - Uncommon Success

The Yellow Lotus:
An extremely rare flower that only grows in the most tropical and remote regions of the world. Collectors are known to have paid thousands of gold pieces for the honour of possessing but one of these, and few have survived in private collections even under the most watchful eye. It is said that the Yellow Lotus is also the most powerful healing component in the world's flora, making it a target of many spellcasters for potent magical artifacts.
[/sblock]

IcyCool

First Post
Bront said:
Swoops says to Bart "It seems the Order of Matric was the only source I coud find, and I'm not exactly sure how to get one from them. Was hoping perhaps you'd have another way."

Bart grimaces and says, "Weell, that flower is a rare breed. It's a tropical flower, but it's hard to keep alive outside o' th' deepest jungle. Don't stop 'em rich collectors from tryin'. Ye might try someon like that. Ye might also try a wizard er somesuch. That flower's a rare component in healing magics an' other potent magical doohickeys."

He grins at Swoops and says, "As fer gettin' one, why don't ye jus' steal it?"

Fenris

Adventurer
IcyCool said:
OOC: Wiseguy. ;)

OOC: Hey, that's Captain Wiseguy to you! ;)

Trav'nul will seek out old Bart in the evening "Well Bart, here is my torn and tarnished uniform for you, Captain Smith must be quite the tailor as well as a bloodthirsty pirate." he jokes

IcyCool

First Post
Fenris said:
Trav'nul will seek out old Bart in the evening "Well Bart, here is my torn and tarnished uniform for you, Captain Smith must be quite the tailor as well as a bloodthirsty pirate." he jokes

"Aye, but oi don't think oi'll need his help fer this." Bart starts to hum a merry tune, and the stains on the uniform disappear. Captain Smith joins in with a little hum as Bart switches his tune to a different rythm and faster pace, and the tears begin mending themselves. After a few moments, the uniform is fixed and spotless.

Bart hands Trav'nul back the uniform and says, "There ye be lad, good as new."

[sblock]Casting Prestidigitation and Mending. Hopefully neither of those will case horrible monsters to appear and eat Bart.[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
IcyCool said:
"Aye, but oi don't think oi'll need his help fer this." Bart starts to hum a merry tune, and the stains on the uniform disappear. Captain Smith joins in with a little hum as Bart switches his tune to a different rythm and faster pace, and the tears begin mending themselves. After a few moments, the uniform is fixed and spotless.

Bart hands Trav'nul back the uniform and says, "There ye be lad, good as new."

[sblock]Casting Prestidigitation and Mending. Hopefully neither of those will case horrible monsters to appear and eat Bart.[/sblock]

[sblock] Well, do I count as a horrible monster? I could eat you and see ;) [/sblock]

Trav'nul stares in disbelief. "Now THAT is a very handy little trick my friend. I know who to come to after the next battle. Thanks there Cap'n Smith" and he reaches out and scratches the monkey's head, adding with a wink "And thanks to you as well Bart."

IcyCool

First Post
As the sun sets upon the harbor and Captain Swoops mulls over his options, Bart pulls out his fiddle and strikes up a merry tune for any of the men on board.

"Now listen careful for any sound,
Wot might alert ye to someone around.
And if'n ye don't hear nary or naught,
Then drink till yer mother'd call ye a drunken sot!"

Remove ads