The Seas of Blood - The Price of Fame (Chapter One)

Bront

The man with the probe
Swoops heads off with those who wish to go to town, and waves them a fond adeu as he heads towards the Order of Matrice, in hopes of finding a Yellow Lotus Blossem.

IcyCool

First Post
Bart seeks out Trav'nul to see if he'd like to wander the streets in search of juicy gossip. Assuming Trav'nul is amenable to it, off they go.

[sblock=OOC Phoenix]Gather Information +4[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
IcyCool said:
Bart seeks out Trav'nul to see if he'd like to wander the streets in search of juicy gossip. Assuming Trav'nul is amenable to it, off they go.

[sblock=OOC Phoenix]Gather Information +4[/sblock]

Amenable and eager!
"Perhaps we can find a game or two of chance along the way Bart. Men's tongues are often looser when they are winning and losing money. Just don't spin any more yarns, OK?"

IcyCool

First Post
Fenris said:
Amenable and eager!
"Perhaps we can find a game or two of chance along the way Bart. Men's tongues are often looser when they are winning and losing money. Just don't spin any more yarns, OK?"

"Ye've got yerself a deal there lad, I'll keep me yarns to a minimum."

Phoenix

First Post
Swoops:
[sblock]The morning air is fresh and the seabreeze envigors Swoops as he walks into the waking city. Dozens of people are out completing the decorations for the celebration and many children roam the streets dressed in their family's finest. None of this distracts the Captain from the obvious though, for several city guards seem to be noticing Swoops as he walks through the city, more than a passing interest.
None of the opening markets has a yellow lotus, in fact some of the florists comment on its rarity and that they believe that the Order of Matrice has the only living one in 'captivity'. The search ends at the market that rests before the great temple of Matrice, and much to Swoop's interest, the guards seem to have doubled at its front doors.[/sblock]

Bart and Trav'nul:
[sblock]OOC: Gather Information check (DC 15) +17 - Success

Bart and Trav'nul spend the morning walking the tap houses, marketplaces and celebrations in the city centre, partaking of fare and playing games of chances for silvers with the locals. It seems that there is a buzz in the city this morning, for there was a murder last night, one of the more important priestesses in charge of the celebrations was found murdered in her bed, putting a stain on the celebrations.[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=pheonix]Swoops chuckles "Prepared for me, have you m'lady?" Swoops examines the building for less obvious ways in, such as windows accessable from the roof, or perhaps a back door.[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
Bart and Phoenix
[sblock]
OOC: IcyCool, Feel like speaning some time and spreading some gold around the seedier areas and seeing if we can't turn up a rumor or two as to why she was killed or who is behind the murder? [/sblock]

IcyCool

First Post
Fenris said:
Bart and Phoenix
[sblock]
OOC: IcyCool, Feel like speaning some time and spreading some gold around the seedier areas and seeing if we can't turn up a rumor or two as to why she was killed or who is behind the murder? [/sblock]

[sblock]Sounds good to me, let's do it.[/sblock]

Phoenix

First Post
Bront said:
[sblock=pheonix]Swoops chuckles "Prepared for me, have you m'lady?" Swoops examines the building for less obvious ways in, such as windows accessable from the roof, or perhaps a back door.[/sblock]

Swoops circles the building from all sides, eager to find an easier way into the holy place. Unfortunately the temple is also the center of the festivities in the city, so there is a great deal of movement, and guards, on all sides. It would seem that Fate would deny Swoops the hand of a fair lady today, unless his wits had anything to say about it...

Phoenix

First Post
IcyCool said:
[sblock]Sounds good to me, let's do it.[/sblock]

Bart and Trav'nul:
[sblock]Along the docks gold is easily spread, and it isn't long before the right questions on loose lips lets slip that one of the higher ups in the Order of Matrice met her end by the sharp end of a cut-throat's blade last night. There are dozens of rumours why it happened, but all seem to be the musings of drunken dockhands.[/sblock]

Remove ads