• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sea's Righteous Might

reddist

First Post
Another short trill comes back at you and the sabotuers clinging to the underside of the docks seem to relax their guard, lowering their crossbows and rubbing their tired shoulders. The two swimmers also make their way to wooden posts and beams, and all four of them seem to hunker down and settle in to wait for the next step to occur.

The pair of guards that had previously been involved in a quiet argument have settled their differences, but one has walked away from the gang plank of the Lord Bingham's Belle down the dock and toward the other pair, who are still struggling to remain upright. The lone guard at the plank has flipped his pike over to drive the point into the wooden boards, and leans on it heavily.

The walker reaches a heavy bronze bell set in a sturdy wooden arch further along the pier, taking the knotted pull cord and giving two sharp tugs. The brassy clanging rings out over the docks, echoing back off the ships and water. The sleeping pair jerk with a start and glare at the bell ringer before going back to their naps. Much futher down the docks, farther than you can see in the dim yellow glow of the arcane torches, more bells clang out into the night as the other Dock Watch guards call an All Clear.

Harvey

First Post
Marisa Calathar, Cleric of Wee Jas

Marisa looks at the rest of the group. "Well, we've got to do something. I'm going backtrack back to the streets, then head to the docks and alert the guards. Is anyone else coming?"

scout989

First Post
Jaleph Bigthumbs Halfling Sorceror

"If you'd like someone to go with you, I'll gladly volunteer, as I'm almost out of arcane power for today."

Harvey

First Post

Marisa nods knowingly at Jal at his mention of being out of arcane power. "Likewise" she replies. "Anyone else coming?" she asks, as she begins to walk back the way they came.

Harvey

First Post

Marisa, making sure Jal and Bran are behind her, begins her back-track through the sewer system. She makes sure that she is cautious, double-checking to make sure nothing surprises her en-route.

scout989

First Post
Jaleph Bigthumbs Halfling Sorceror

Jaleph follows along nervously, aware of his lessened spell capacity. <I almost wish we could tackle this tomorrow,> he thinks. <But it'll be all right, with these people by my side- or perhaps in front of me?>

silentspace

First Post
Ven nods and follows the others. But once out of the sewers, he pauses and thinks.

"I'm leaving," he says. "The sewers and the city are not for me. I belong back on the plains, that's where I will meet my destiny. I tried to find solace in drink, and in signing up for new adventure in far away lands, but I realize now I've been running away. I must go back and defeat the orcs who slaughtered my people, or die trying. Well met, and fare thee well."

Ven saunters off into the night, his dog by his side.

Remove ads