• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sea's Righteous Might

scout989

First Post
Jaleph Bigthumbs Halfling Sorceror

"Unfortunately, I know no spell that would allow me to put out a fire. However, I do have something else that might be useful in this situation. This is a potion of invisibility" he says with a flourish. If anyone in the party looks to be in bad shape, he'll smack himself on the head and say "Oh, and of course I have some healing potions as well! Who needs one?"
OOC: Hah, of course I have no grand ideas now, after I made a big deal about it :lol:

Harvey

First Post
Marisa Calathar, Cleric of Wee Jas

Marisa chuckles as Jaleph's comments. "Not to worry, I believe I've taken care of our wounded so far... but keep the potions handy, I only have one more casting of curing left today."

"The more I think about it, the more I think we need to alert the guards. Maybe Bran or Ven can get down there invisible and alert them? I doubt they'd be as foolhardy to explode the ship with them standing next to it. Obviously, we'd be following right behind... maybe in force them into remaining near the ship."

Animus

Explorer
Bran Olvant, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire

OOC: Can we get a party status please? Or did I miss it entirely?

Bran says, "Certainly I can sneak down and try to warn the guards. That is part of my repetoire."
With that, he will drink the potion when ready and attempts to Move Silently (1d20+6=8).

reddist

First Post
Animus said:
OOC: Can we get a party status please? Or did I miss it entirely?

You are all standing at the opening of the drainage tunnels, peering off into the darkness at the remaining band of sabotuers. They are just finishing at placing their pots of explosive alchemist fire on the Lord Bingham's Belle.

Kragor is still pretty banged up I think, and most of the rest of you have taken some small incidental damage. Honestly, I haven't kept track of the damage the thugs dealt out. That's your job:) You are all alive though, and that's what counts!

Its probably on the other side of 2:00am, give or take a few minutes, and the docks are quiet except for a few pairs of lazy, tired guards, and the saboteurs swimming about in the water... and you guys, discussing your next plan of action...

scout989

First Post

"Wait a moment, Bran. I think that it would work better for you to sneak up to the guards and let them in on the secret, but to give Ven here the potion, so that he might perhaps use its effects to get close enough to one or two of the lookouts to silence them when the time comes. That way, we may gain a few precious seconds to close with the brigands and prevent them from detonating those firebombs. Can you get up there unseen, even without this potion? And Ven, are you willing to go along with this plan?"
If Kragor still looks pretty hurt, Jaleph once again offers him a healing potion.

Harvey

First Post
Marisa Calathar, Cleric of Wee Jas

OOC: As Cleric, I will keep tabs on HP, etc from now on. Here is where we are at:

Code:
PC       HP  1st Combat   2nd Combat  3rd Combat   Now
Bran     17  -6                       -1           10 of 17
Jal       8                                         8 of 8
Kragor   19               -2          -12  +11     16 of 19
Marisa   14                           -1           13 of 14
Ven      23               -3                       20 of 23

"Jal, if you can give your potion to Bran, I will take care of the nicks and scratches the rest of us have collected."

OOC: Marisa sacks all of her 0th-level spells to cast Cure Minor Wounds spells: 2 on Kragor and 2 on Ven, bringing Kragor, Ven, and Marisa all to -1 HP

scout989

First Post

"Why, sure, Marisa. It's the least I can do, since you have all been protecting me all night." So saying, he hands a potion to Bran.
OOC: It's a CLW, and I figured you'd rather roll the die yourself.

reddist

First Post
As the party discusses their next course of action you all hear a muted call of a bird, coming from out on the water. The call repeats itself twice, then pauses, then comes again.

Bran [sblock] You recognize the call as a beach swallow, a common bird on the wharf. It feasts mainly on the bugs and spiders that make their homes along the docks. You are pretty sure this is a diurnal bird though, and think it unusual to hear in the dead of night... [/sblock]

Ven [sblock] Bird calls are a common method of communication for scouts and rangers. You aren't familiar with the call itself, but you can be sure its coming from the sabotuers and expects a reply.... a Suvival (DC15) check would allow you to repeat the call just as you heard it.[/sblock]

Animus

Explorer
Bran Olvant, Treasure Hunter Extraordinaire

Bran says, "That's the call of a beach swallow. They sleep this time of night. It must be some kind of secret signal."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads