• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Secret Scion

lotuseater

Explorer
Kazan Oleander(Arimart) - Half-Elf Spellthief

Kazan responds, "It's not a question of like or dislike, but a matter of trust. The Houses possess many secrets and they are willing to go to great lengths to keep those secrets from being discovered."

lotuseater

Explorer
Kazan smiles warmly. "I'm sure you are right, Rayni. They do seem very nice. But it is always best to be cautious, and does not hurt anyone at the same time. Blind trust is a good way to get yourself into trouble."

Erekose13

Explorer
*Before turning in Jhom/Hxaptös scours his room for hidden passages, evidence of scrying, and any other paranoid things he can think of. He checks the hallways near his room and pays careful attention to the chest.*

*In the morning he has returned to his normal self, if normal is what you could call him. He sits in the corner of his room gently rocking back and forth, convinced that there are tentacly demons in the chest, which has been conveniently left slightly ajar by Jhom. As the sun rises and sounds emerge from outside his room, he pokes his head out startling a maid.*

*Joining the others, Hxaptös looks his wildeyed self again. He nervously eats the food before him wondering where this will lead him next. Out of harms way he hopes at the very least. He drops the coin pouch into a pocket trying to be sneaky about it so that the others might not know where he keeps his precious items.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
lotuseater said:
Kazan smiles warmly. "I'm sure you are right, Rayni. They do seem very nice. But it is always best to be cautious, and does not hurt anyone at the same time. Blind trust is a good way to get yourself into trouble."
"I guess so...I'll have to admit that I'm much better at getting into trouble than I am about being suspicious to people unless they seem suspicious...like they are hiding something from me...like you seem a bit suspicious Arimart. But the dwarves don't really seem like that to me. Guess I'm just a bit naive..."

lotuseater

Explorer
Kazan Oleander(Arimart) - Half-Elf Spellthief

While speaking to the others, he quickly pulls out his notebook and pencil, and he takes the amulet and does a rubbing of both sides in order to record the design in his notebook.

Erekose13

Explorer
*Reminded of everything that the Voice had told him yesterday, Hxaptös agrees to join Arimart in whatever endeavors the dwarves want the to do.*

lotuseater

Explorer
Kazan chuckles at Rayni's straightforwardness. "I would say that we all have reason to be suspicious of each other. It's certainly curious that all of us should find ourselves at the exact some spot at the exact same time. And all of us with reasons to be on the run, it appears."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I figure it was fate...But I don't know...Anyway, I hope people don't need to feel suspicious around me or hide things from me,"Rayni says smiling disarmingly, "I just want to be your friend..."

lotuseater

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
*Reminded of everything that the Voice had told him yesterday, Hxaptös agrees to join Arimart in whatever endeavors the dwarves want the to do.*

Kazan has been watching Hxaptös carefully over the past day, and the half-elf has seriously begun to wonder about the man's sanity. Which makes him suspect he might be the most likely spy among the group. But never the less, he thanks the human for his decision.

"Well that's one who has failed to heed my advice and will rush headlong into danger with me. Two fools are better than one, I always say."

Remove ads