The Secret Scion

Someone

Adventurer
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"I don't recognize the name Lorien, but I know the flail is part of House Thurannni's coat of arms," she says after a moment's consideration.

Harolk chokes on the wine he was drinking. "Really?" coughs. "I think I´ll pass this one. Those, eeeh, always seemed kinda snobbish to me"

Someone

Adventurer
"I wasn´t invited. My cousin Silas was, and the letter allowed a guest, me."

Harolk thinks for a moment. Did they take Silas? But then, why inviting him, unless they want to attract me? But if they know where am I, why not go for me instead of that convoluted trap? Wouldn´t they think that I´d never go?

To hell with this. If I want to know something about what happened with Silas I´ll have to risk a visit.

"But, ah, since my cousing isn´t at home currently, I don´t think those Thuranni guys wouldn´t mind if I go alone. Are any of you interested on that party, too?"

Ferrix

Explorer
"I would be interested in attending, ladies, if you would accompany me as well. Perhaps we could be Harolk's entourage, give the man some prestige." She smiles softly at her female companions, a hint of humor and mischief in that little smile.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
stonegod said:
"Tondrek and Sparky! Nice to meet, neat 'forged without plating." Tondrek is obviously excited, and his speech speeds up accordingly. "Does it itch? Does it hurt? Where do the attachments go? Can you put it back on? Do people look at you funny?" Oblivious to the most-likely startled look on their faces, the half-orc's questions keep flowing until someone manages to interrupt him.
The 'forged seem bemused by Tondrek's questions, but it's also very obvious there's not a drop of malice in him. Heart speaks up in response to the hyper-active half-orc's questions. "No, it doesn't itch or hurt. And we didn't have any attachments, I think components is the right word. You can't put the plating back on, it's rather difficult to get it off. Sometimes people look at us strangely, but many people think we're strange plating or no plating. We four chose to be what we are, to embrace our living natures. We can be more than simple war machines, Forge actually makes magical artifacts, Heart's a sorcerer, Palette is a painter, and I am a minstral," Heart explains.

"Did you make Sparky yourself?" Forge breaks in, her voice very curious. Sparky leaps off of Tondrek's shoulder and lands on Forge's outstretched palm. She gives him some petting while waiting for Tondrek's answer.

~~~

Those at the other table see Tondrek and the warforged party in an animated discussion. However, the conversation has turned to parties in high places, which is of more interest to some than odd warforged.

Harolk:[sblock]You know, you don't even know where or when this party is... though the House Vadalis courier that sent it may.[/sblock]

Shenystari: [sblock]
Definately a sinister method. She considers her friends with a new awareness and suspicion. She meditates deeper on the subject, trying to figure out how to tap into this knowledge to see what it is like. Knowledge: Psionics +9?
By using her own knowledge of meditation, she thinks she could lead Opal and her friends in a "meditation exercise," and then question them under hypnosis to see what they know.

She'll also see if she can determine what the "liquor used to grant visions" is, what the purpose of their philosophical investigations lead to (the sort of grand vision they espouse, any ethics they make reference to, and methodologies they use), what their interpretation of the duel of the spirits exactly is.
Shenystari hears from the kids that the liquor is a dark, potent, and slightly bitter drink that makes one fall into a trance state for several hours. People have been known to sleep-walk while under its effects, and some claim they can see through the eyes of other people while in their trance. As to where it is produced, Shenystari can't find out, though the Illuminated Minds usually have a supply of it. The grand vision of the Illuminated Minds seems to be self-improvement, an eventual merging of the spirit with the higher consciousness of the cosmos. They're not exactly humanitarian, as they consider anyone who doesn't try to improve their minds as beneath their notice, but neither do they counsel violence or active cruelty. This "duel of the spirits" is supposed to be a metaphorical representation between the different parts of the mind, base instincts, consciousness, and the higher godmind.

Regarding the Illuminated Minds, which nights do they normally meet and where? Are all those she knows in this group under this influence or are there some who seem to be free of it, or at least less swayed by it.

She's willing to spend a bit of coin to learn some of this, but not enough to make it look like she's willing to pay too much or is too interested in the subject.
Opal will gladly tell you, as she's been trying to get you to go for the last week or so. They hold their meetings in Arden Fair's home/temple in Upper Tavick's Landing, the Ocean View district to be precise. It's a very rich area, suitable for the type of clientelle the Minds attract. Some people seem entirely swayed by all the Illuminated Minds have to say, others simply are using the philosophy as a stepping stone in their academic journeys.

Also, are there groups of Kalashtar active in this area of Sharn, if not, where are the groups of active kalashtar in the city?
There are some kalashtar in the city, in the Broken Arch district in Middle Dura. They don't advertise their presence, you had to party with five gold to learn that information.[/sblock]

Ferrix

Explorer
[sblock=DM]
By using her own knowledge of meditation, she thinks she could lead Opal and her friends in a "meditation exercise," and then question them under hypnosis to see what they know.

She'll attempt this. I imagine Concentration (+6) and Diplomacy (+10) checks?

Shenystari hears from the kids that the liquor is a dark, potent, and slightly bitter drink that makes one fall into a trance state for several hours. People have been known to sleep-walk while under its effects, and some claim they can see through the eyes of other people while in their trance. As to where it is produced, Shenystari can't find out, though the Illuminated Minds usually have a supply of it. The grand vision of the Illuminated Minds seems to be self-improvement, an eventual merging of the spirit with the higher consciousness of the cosmos. They're not exactly humanitarian, as they consider anyone who doesn't try to improve their minds as beneath their notice, but neither do they counsel violence or active cruelty. This "duel of the spirits" is supposed to be a metaphorical representation between the different parts of the mind, base instincts, consciousness, and the higher godmind.

Shenystari will see if she can get some of it from her friend Opal, although she doesn't actually want to imbibe it, but rather see if she can bring it to someone to see if they can tell her what it actually is. Their goal doesn't seem so bad, but it seems like an easy slope to slip from into darkness.

Opal will gladly tell you, as she's been trying to get you to go for the last week or so. They hold their meetings in Arden Fair's home/temple in Upper Tavick's Landing, the Ocean View district to be precise. It's a very rich area, suitable for the type of clientelle the Minds attract. Some people seem entirely swayed by all the Illuminated Minds have to say, others simply are using the philosophy as a stepping stone in their academic journeys.

She'll catalogue that information for her own future use, not willing to go to a meeting alone. Shenystari will try to discern the difference in the people who are swayed and those who are not, if they drink the trance inducing liqour or not, how they see Arden, etc.

There are some kalashtar in the city, in the Broken Arch district in Middle Dura. They don't advertise their presence, you had to party with five gold to learn that information.

Shenystari considers how she may warn the kalashtar about this Arden Fair's influence and if they'd even be interested in it. She's worried that the stigma held against her by her own people would cause them to distrust anything she told them.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"We four chose to be what we are, to embrace our living natures. We can be more than simple war machines, Forge actually makes magical artifacts, Heart's a sorcerer, Palette is a painter, and I am a minstral," Heart explains.

"Neat! I make stuff too! Stinky stuff and boomy stuff." He looks down at his feet for a moment. "Sometime I think it'd be neat to be 'forged."

Isida Kep'Tukari said:
"Did you make Sparky yourself?" Forge breaks in, her voice very curious. Sparky leaps off of Tondrek's shoulder and lands on Forge's outstretched palm. She gives him some petting while waiting for Tondrek's answer.

Tondrek looks again, smiling once more. Him? Naw. Showed up one day. Squeek, squeek. Or, more a metalic squeaking. Well, really, he talks, not squeaks. And reminds me of stuff and junk." Tondrek then cocks his head to the side, as if thinking. "But, one day, I'm going to make stuff. Big stuff." He holds out his hands wide. "I'll make my friends to play with!"

Someone

Adventurer
Isida Kep'Tukari said:
Harolk:[sblock]You know, you don't even know where or when this party is... though the House Vadalis courier that sent it may.[/sblock]

[sblock]Or someone else could have heard about a House Thranni scion called Lorien throwing a party soon. I don´t think Sharn (or Breland) is that big![/sblock]

Remove ads