The Secrets of Lot (Recruitment)

Ballistic

First Post
So this setting looks interesting enough for my first Enworld game. As for a character, my thoughts go to a dragonborn paladin, thoughI would like to see others characters and alignment of course. The virtue I was looking at the most was temperance and wrath for my vice. The combination of two I thought would be interesting since wrath is all most always uncontrolled.

Anyways if there is still room I am very interested and look forward to playing with everyone.

goblins85

First Post
That's great!

Here are dragonborn:

[sblock=Dragonborn]Dragonborn: Born to fight, dragonborn are a race of wandering mercenaries, soldiers, and adventurers. Long ago, their empire contended for worldwide dominion, but now only a few rootless clans of these honorable warriors remain to pass on their legends of ancient glory.
Play a Dragonborn if you want . . .
- to look like a dragon.
- to be the proud heir of an ancient, fallen empire.
- to be primed to fight dragons

RACIAL TRAITS
•Average Height: 6´ 2˝–6´ 8˝
•Average Weight: 220–320 lb.
•Ability Scores: +2 Strength, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom
•Size: Medium
•Speed: 30 feet
•Vision: Darkvision, 60ft
•Languages: Common, Draconic
•Skill Bonuses: +2 Knowledge: History, +2 Intimidate
•Dragon Hunter: Dragonborn ritually hunt dragons of opposing alignments as a coming of age ritual, and their training for such a rite leaves them with abilities to fight dragons. Dragonborn gain a +2 dodge bonus to AC against Dragons and a +2 racial bonus on combat maneuver checks made to grapple Dragons.
•Spell Resistance: Dragonborn have a Spell Resistance of 6 + it’s character level.
•Draconic Ferocity: Dragonborn gain a +4 racial bonus on saving throws against fear, and a +2 racial bonus against despair effects. Also, once per day, after a natural roll of 1 on a d20, members of this race may reroll and use the second result.

Dragon Frenzy [Dragonborn]
Prerequisite: Dragonborn
Benefit: When you’re reduced to half your hit points or less, you gain a +2 bonus to damage rolls.

Dragon Senses [Dragonborn]
Prerequisite: Dragonborn
Benefit: You gain low-light vision and a +1 bonus to Perception checks.[/sblock]

In this setting, paladins are honored warriors, defending the innocent, healing the sick, and punishing the wicked. They are known for their taking of a vow of poverty, giving all their excess money (that money that isn't used on their holy mission) to the poor. Another way to view this is that paladins don't get to live in luxury. Paladins are highly respected, no matter what their faith, but those paladins who abuse their positions and power are greatly despised, and are generally driven underground, becoming the worst kind of warrior, the blackguard.

Last edited:

Ballistic

First Post
Well I will be a dragonborn paladin pending the alignments of any others. But the Vow of Poverty is a problem but any easy one to fix. Paladins I usually play give any excess money to a church of his deity, if I have chosen one because it dosen't say you have to have a deity as a paladin, or to some other noble cause. Basically if I have money and need a portion or all of it to better myself against the forces of evil I can do so without negative feedback from both the public and GM.

With that being said I'll create a character on MS Word and hold him there until the RG thread is up.

One more thing...the 5-10 facts. Do you want them listed or can I simply give you a background and have the facts posted in it?

Last edited:

goblins85

First Post
Yeah, there isn't much of a rules restriction there, you can buy weapons and armor and the like. Just not hookers and bling, basically.

I need to see your character before anything happens with a roleplay forum.

Last edited:

Ballistic

First Post
WHAT!!! NO BLING!!!??? Well there goes my diamond encrusted platinum necklace that reads 'THUG LIFE' and my cart on 26's.

I'll work on a character sheet soon, like tonight soon and figure out how I want my details and such.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Some sketch thoughts on a character. Crunch to follow.

Carcus Livinius Corvinus
Kenku Factotum

Carcus (an Imperial rendering of his kenku name Karkeen) is a freedman, former slave to one Quintus Livinius Eclectus, a minor patrician and relatively benign master. He tooks his masters nomen, like most freedmen, and the cognomen of Corvinus is fairly obvious. Like most kenku, Carcus is endlessly inquisitive but his mind seldom stays on one thing for long enough to master it. He is a jack(daw)-of-trades, serving in the army as a sapper and infiltrator.

goblins85

First Post
[MENTION=85177]Dr[/MENTION]. Simon: Interesting. At first, I was going to object, and then thought about it. Could we do this?

Carcus had been sold as a slave after breaking the law a few times. When the war effort needed more men, Emperor Remus declared freedom to all non-goblinoid or monstrous slaves if they served as a solider slave.

How's that strike ya?

Ballistic

First Post
Since its a Roman themed game I, like Dr Simon, named my character as such. This is just to let you and anyone else know what my intentions are and a small piece of his background.

Avatre Dreconius Metellus
Dragonborn Paladin

Avatre, like most dragonborn, spent his youth training for combat, but unlike most dragonborn he also spent his life in service to the church. Few dragonborn are chosen to become warriors for the Gods, but the elders seen something in Avatre in his youth, temperance.

Remove ads