The Shackled City - Golarion Interest/Recruitment (CLOSED)

jkason

First Post
jkason - I was thinking you might be an apprentice/errand boy of sorts for the old wizard the runs Weer's Elixirs. Another idea might be that you were expelled from the Bluecrater Academy at a young age for failing to excel (by silly wizards and their books)

Both ideas work, I think. Perhaps his parents sent him to the academy, enrolled in the wizarding program, when it became clear he wasn't developing the natural magics of a sorcerer. And while he did learn the ways of book magic (Magus still memorize their spells from a book), his temper still got in the way (Magus have a more limited spell list), and he chose on his own to begin martial training as a means of channeling his temper.

Having now brought his capricious side under better control (or at least found a viable outlet for it), he's trying to re-connect with the magic in his blood, and has been helping the old wizard as part of that.

I'll update the background if that all works, and otherwise I believe Caytis is ready for review.

[MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION] : you should get an invitation to the campaign from ahayford, then you go to the Characters tab on your profile and create a new character, select the campaign, then fill out the sheet. If you want to copy the sheet Mowgli created, you just need to add the <pre> </pre> tags on either end of it. It think that's it...

Shayuri

First Post
Bahaha

Okay, I'm back. I had to reinstall Windows to do it, and then get online without Service Pack 2 so I could GET Service Pack 2...but the Moebius Loop has been unraveled and I am back.

Ahem.

I seem to have missed rather a lot. I beg patience from ye assembled, as I go over what's transpired and struggle to break into a sprint to catch up. These old bones don't hit 4x base speed like they used to.

If anyone can spare a moment to briefly summarize the characters that folks have come up with so far, I'd be much obliged and the process of assimilation accordingly sped.

Thankee!

Edit - I see Jkason's already done it! Yay! I also perceive that y'all are in need of some arcane hooziwhatsit, and perhaps a bit more melee OOMPH. Or at least something to take a little pressure off the Magus.

Perhaps a wizard/witch/sorceror with some skill in summoning? I will crunch.

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
I am debating on two routes for my Tiefling Rogue. Getting the use of a 0 level spell to be a spell like ability at will, that leaves me to the tempting choice of taking Acid Splash. Reason = ranged Sneak Attack with a touch attack roll.

Note - when reading the Spell Like Ability entry, it says 'subject to spell resistance'. I translate this to mean that even though Acid Splash says it is not subject to SR, since the spell is now a Spell Like Ability, it is now subject to SR. Can someone confirm?

Then, with him taking the Scout Archetype, he can at 8th level move 10 feet, fire at target to gain sneak attack damage, and it still be a touch attack. This would give him some combat usefulness, in my opinion. Also, can someone confirm if a creature has DR Acid or immune to Acid, does the Sneak Attack Damage get negated as well?

The other option would be to give him Open/Close as the ability, which would be more 'in line' with his work. Disabling traps and then being able to open the doors/chests from a distance is something that would be nifty to have. But that would hint at him having to go with the usual Weapon Finesse feat to be handy in combat.

I am just thinking that it's time to try something different. This is my first Tiefling Rogue, as you can tell. A hit and run style would be fun to play. Just trying to make a viable Rogue to help out the party, but with some flare. Open/Close versus Acid Splash.

Plus, he's only wielding a dagger for now. With using funds for a MW set of Thieve's tools and 25gp for armor, that left him with 25gp for everything else.

Ahayford - I went with some odd items. Can you verify if the items are ok? They are from the Adventurer''s Armory. Namely, Waterproof Bag and Map Making Kit.

ahayford

First Post
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] Hi :) Welcome back. One thing I do need for you to do is create an account on Obsidian Portal so that I can add you to the campaign site. I decided to use Obsidian Portal as the depository for campaign logs because I like the wiki format a little better for that kind of thing. All game play threads will still be on ENWorld.

ahayford

First Post
[MENTION=17100]Fangor the Fierce[/MENTION]

One thing to keep in mind with acid splash, is that its not going to scale very well with level. I think you are better off taking some kind of utility ability. However if you like the story element, by all meens. I'm not sure on the SR aspect. I'd have to consult the rules, which I can do when I'm home or maybe during lunch. As far as sneak attack, if the attack is just with the acid, then yes I'd assume it would be negated if the creature is immune, since the source of the "critical" damage is the acid.

As for your items, yes those 2 are fine.

ahayford

First Post
@ Everyone

I'd like to get started by the end of the week (hopefully sooner). So please try and target having your characters ready by then. Don't kill yourself though if you don't have time :)

ahayford

First Post
One other thing. I'd like everyone to consider the answers to these questions and add them to your bio. Some of you have already including this in your bio.

Are you a Cauldron Native? If not where are you from (I can help with this if you need it)?
Do you have living family? If so, where do they live and what do they do?
Where do you currently live?
Which players do you know?
Do you have a mundane job, a way to pay then rent before your adventuring career takes off?
How old are you?

I would also like everyone to find a piece of art or image for their character. I can help with this if you don't have time or are having trouble finding something you like. Fangor is also very good at art farming :) You'll have to tell me your secret, I can never seem to find exactly what I'm looking for.

Dragonwriter

First Post
I'm still around, and my apologies for being so quiet. I've been having some trouble thinking up a concept...

I've got no problem handling the melee warrior spot and will probably go with some sort of Fighter and likely Human for the race.

I'm still not sure just how and where I would link him to Cauldron, as I really haven't been able to devote much time to reading the Wiki. (Speaking of which, I did make an account on OP - dragobot999 is the username.)

Remove ads