The Shackled City - Golarion Interest/Recruitment (CLOSED)

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I can make one for Val (I use Photoshop). Do you prefer round or square borders? Also, I can make it so that the background is transparent so your map will show through. I'll attach one to this post in a few minutes. Done.

ValinnanVapausToken.png

Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
GIMP - Free image editing software. I have a basic image that is the outline of the token and the center cut out. Then, I add another layer, put a character portrait on that layer, and resize as needed. Once it lines up with the first layer, I then anchor it and remove the edges with the eraser. Merge the two layers and viola, you have a character token!

Example of what can be done: This is the original image. I cut out the edges, which then allowed me to cut out the character alone. Then I pasted it on a second image as a new layer. Moved it around to get it to look like it belonged, and then I had to darken the character layer to fit the darkness of the background.
Original Picture:
Svexyn-1.jpg

Walking Dad

First Post
- I have an idea to bring you into the group...but you won't necessarily know the party until we start play. Are you ok with that? Also, do you want your character to be a native of Cauldron, from the island, or from off the island somewhere? The general gist of how you will join the group is that your nightmares (prophetic?) have driven you to cauldron (or perhaps just to the group if you wish to be native to Cauldron). The details of the dreams will follow once the game starts. I plan on sending you the dreams in private messages. Whether you chose to share them with the party is up to you.

Sounds good.

Questions are answered here:
http://www.enworld.org/forum/5680141-post46.html

jkason

First Post
I should have the pencils for my character sketch done tonight, will upload that as a placeholder until I have time to muck with color. As you'll see, it's pretty heavily referenced off the standard Pathfinder Magus pic by Wayne Reynolds. I thought about just trying to invert the colors on the skin for that, but I think Caytis (1) has short hair and (2) wears a shirt. :p

In terms of the background questions, I think I know most of those, assuming this fits the setting:

Was thinking that Caytis' parents may have moved to Sasserine shortly after marrying, or met there; in either event, they're there as a means of studying the Eye of Abendego. Possibly I could work in that they fear their being so near the supernatural storm contributed to Caytis' genetic-stew problems.

With the academy bit you mentioned, I think that works: his folks remain on the shoreline to continue their work studying the storm, sent Caytis to the academy hoping he could learn magic where he wasn't coming to it naturally, and when he washed out, he stuck to Cauldron, landed his job with the old wizard, and developed his connection to some of the other outcasts in the area, finding solace in the Inn Val's parents run, etc.

ahayford

First Post
[MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION] I like it, Sounds good. :)

[MENTION=59043]Walking Dad[/MENTION] cool only thing I need from you then is your character sheet.

Shayuri

First Post
Okay, I have some ideas brewing.

I need to know more about this Surabar fellow. I didn't see much mention of him on the wiki. But I'm interested in the trait.

Anyway, my concepts run from gnome sorceors (connections to that gnomevillage, perhaps?) who can also serve as co-face with our oracle...to a human or elf witch who perhaps was involved in our magus' knowledge of hexcraft...

Basically, with Dragonwriter doing a fighter, I'm picking up control/utility casting so the magus can concentrate on what he does best. Thoughts?

PS - Also, you don't need to Mention folks in every reply. Every time you do that, it makes a little flag appear. It's best used to get the attention of folks who's attention seems to have wandered. Once someone is engaged in the thread (regularly posting and replying) it's best to stop. If you overuse it, people just stop paying attention to the flag. That and get mildly annoyed. :)

Last edited:

ahayford

First Post
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION]
Surabar, a human wizard, is largely credited with saving the settlements of the island in ages past. He is also credited as the founder of Cauldron as a city. More then just a wizard, he was also known as a great builder, frequently using his magics to create impressive archetecture and even going to far as to use it to construct hasty defensive structures for the smaller villages in the final days of the conflict to slow down the hordes of demons, and give the townsfolk time to retreat to the safety of Cauldron. Some of these structures can still be found at Redgorge. In fact, the bulwarks of Redgorge are some of the few remaining structures he contructed many years ago.

Redgorge:
The first human settlement in the heart of the island. Once the population center of the region, it is now a pale mirror of its former glory. Most of the population of the island took up residence in Cauldron after the war. Besides Sasserine and Cauldron, it is the next largest settlement on the island.

I will add this information to Obsidian portal as well as some basic information on the city guard for [MENTION=54988]Dragonwriter[/MENTION].

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Finished the edits. Here is the pic of Svexyn that I will be using for the game. I can create the token character image from this also, if you would like. Changed armor to dark leather, changed left dagger to cold iron, darkened image and changed background to that of what I think the slums he frequents would look like.

If only I could find a way to add some vestigial horns, but I think that is the tough part and I am not sure if I could do it properly. Does this guy look tiefling enough for you?
SvexynDarkAlley.png

With BARELY visible horns:
SvexynBackground.png

Last edited:

Remove ads