The Shackled City - Golarion Prelude

Dragonwriter

First Post
Marcus fakes a shield-punch, then whips his sword blade around in an arc at chest-level.

[sblock=OOC]
Standard attack. I actually included the bonus for Guidance on my last attack roll, ahayford. Sorry I didn't mention it...

AC 19 HP 13/13
[/sblock]

ahayford

First Post
Val, Svexyn and Wilbur race down the tunnel in pursuit of the fleeing ambushers. The tunnel walls change abruptly. Gone are the well crafted flagstones of the city proper. These tunnels are rough hewn, but with a regular geometric pattern. The tunnel itself is round and just barely fits one human sized occupant comfortably. The city lighting is also absent. Wilburs light spells casts a revealing lance of light that cuts through the darkness and reveals the 2 skulks ahead. Their camouflage is making it harder and harder to spot them. Wilbur attempts to reach out with his mind, but the two skulks are too far away for his power.

Svexyns weapons strike the remaining skulk across his knuckles. The sickening crunch of finger bones echoes dully in the small room. The rusty rapier slips from his fingers and clatters to the flagstones. The grey humanoid collapses to his knees, clutching his ruined hand.

Please, I am vanquished...take pity on me. Do not kill me!

The skulk raises his hands to shield his face.

Marcus prepares a relentless strike...but stays his hand seeing his foe clearly defeated.

[sblock=Combat Summary]
Svexyn Hits
Skulk 2 runs
Skulk 3 runs
Wilbur runs (2move actions instead of power, out of 30ft range)
Nia demands surrender (and gets it)
Svexyn runs
Val Runs
Marcus stays his hand (I figured Marcus wouldn't strike down an unarmed foe that had surrendered, feel free to correct me)
[/sblock]

jzadirune3.png

jkason

First Post
Caytis Maggerin, half-elf magus

OOC: Sorry. Much busier weekend than I anticipated

As the skulk nearest them surrenders, Caytis finally notices that half the group appears to be running down the hallway and out of sight. He swears under his breath, wishing he'd prepared messaging magics now.

"You want to live, tell us where that leads? Are there reinforcements that way?"

[sblock=mini-stats]Caytis Maggerin
HP: 10/10 AC: 15(19) AC(T): 12 AC(FF): 13(17)
(values in parenthesis with Shield active)
Init: +02
BAB: 00 CMB/CMD: 00/12 ACP: -1 ASF: 00 Spot: +05

Conditions: Shield (1 minute), Arcane Pool (Quadrens), 1 minute
In Hand: Quadrens

Saving Throw Total Base Mod Misc Special
Fort: 03 2 +1
Ref: 01 0 +2 -1*
Will: 03 2 +1

* -1 Reflex (Wyrm Blooded trait)
** Conditional: Immune sleep, +2 vs enchantments, +4 vs acid

Weapon Attack Damage Critical Special
Quadrens +2 1d6 19-20/x2 1 pt bleed on crit
Quadrens, Spell Combat +0 1d6 19-20/x2 1 pt bleed on crit
Composite Shortbow +2 1d6 20/x3 Range 70 ft.

* Conditional: +1 attack with Arcane Pool enhancement.

Arcane Pool: 3/5 remaining

Spells Prepared:
* 0 Level (3): Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Light
* 1st Level (2, DC 15): Shield, Shield[/sblock]

Dragonwriter

First Post
Marcus brings the tip of his sword to rest beneath the skulk's chin. "And tell us where you put the people your kind kidnapped from above," he growls as an addition to Caytis's questions.

[sblock=OOC]
By and large, he would spare any asking for mercy. They'd have to prove they themselves (alone) weren't worthy of it before he'd flat-out execute them.
Not taking an action, just questioning the skulk.

AC 19 HP 13/13
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Wilbur

Wilbur stops his pursuit. The others seem more suited for this and with his inability to communicate with them during combat, he may become a hindrance.

[sblock=OOC]

----

AC: 15
HP: 10 / 11

Spells: Bane, Murderous Command
1: 4/5

Gift of Madness: 5 / 6

Wilbur 2
Wilbur Warrington

[/sblock]

ahayford

First Post
Val and Svexyn cease their pursuit. The clever ambushers have a too good a head start and the likelihood that they're being led into another trap too great. The curse under their breaths and return to the group. You can assume that your presence is now known.

The captured Skulk, whines softly as Marcus's blade rests gently on his pallid flesh.

He first addresses Caytis.

That's dark one turf that way. They have old gnome machines that crush and dig.

He turns and answers Marcus's demand, shaking pathetically.

The dark one leader pays us. Tells us to bring him surfacers. We raid the city men in the night with the city gnome's key. In trade, the dark ones gives us gold...protection. The dark ones take them below the city...to the fortress. I don't know what they do with the city men after that.

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
ValinnanVapausEWPortrait.png

Val puts hands on his kneed for a moment to catch his breath, then makes his way swiftly back to the others. "We couldn't catch them . . . they're too fast, and had too much of a start on us. I think it's safe to assume that anything we meet from this point forward will know we're coming."

He looks at Marcus, and spares a brief glance for the wretched thing at the soldier's mercy.

"What did you find out from this one?"

Dragonwriter

First Post
Marcus's blade still hovers under the creature's chin. "The children you took recently - will they be at the fortress by now? If not, where are they?"

jkason

First Post
Caytis Maggerin, half-elf magus

"Looks like the dark folk who's tracks we spotted are behind the disappearances above," he says, then nods to Marcus to indicate the skulk should answer the new question.

[sblock=mini-stats]Caytis Maggerin
HP: 10/10 AC: 15(19) AC(T): 12 AC(FF): 13(17)
(values in parenthesis with Shield active)
Init: +02
BAB: 00 CMB/CMD: 00/12 ACP: -1 ASF: 00 Spot: +05

Conditions: Shield (1 minute), Arcane Pool (Quadrens), 1 minute
In Hand: Quadrens

Saving Throw Total Base Mod Misc Special
Fort: 03 2 +1
Ref: 01 0 +2 -1*
Will: 03 2 +1

* -1 Reflex (Wyrm Blooded trait)
** Conditional: Immune sleep, +2 vs enchantments, +4 vs acid

Weapon Attack Damage Critical Special
Quadrens +2 1d6 19-20/x2 1 pt bleed on crit
Quadrens, Spell Combat +0 1d6 19-20/x2 1 pt bleed on crit
Composite Shortbow +2 1d6 20/x3 Range 70 ft.

* Conditional: +1 attack with Arcane Pool enhancement.

Arcane Pool: 3/5 remaining

Spells Prepared:
* 0 Level (3): Prestidigitation, Detect Magic, Light
* 1st Level (2, DC 15): Shield, Shield[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"De children have been gone a good while," Nia says, frowning. "Dey be at de fort by now...must be. What I want to know is dis, grey man."

She leans forward a bit to peer at it on the level with its eyes.

"What do de Dark Ones protect you from?"

Remove ads