The Shadows

Walking Dad

First Post
Dj

"I don't know what it was. But can you think of the public reaction, If somebody says" he looks at the detective "a werewolf is killing beautiful women?

As for evidences, do we have enough blood to try a DNA test?"

Shayuri

First Post
Angie rolls her eyes. "Probably about what my reaction is," she tells the agent. "Stupefied disbelief that anyone could think I was that gullible. What am I, five?"

"As for blood, we have plenty. Nothing that belongs to the attacker though, unless..."

The fear-driven anger in her face eases as she latches onto this new puzzle. She crosses over to the couch and says to herself, "Okay, I was here...the attacker was here..." She peers at a pair of divots in the carpet from where its feet were, then points at Jericho.

"You jumped in front of it...shot at it, and it barreled into you..." she turns around to look at where the two had ended up.

"And it was bleeding from the gunshot wound...so there should be..." Slowly she looks back at Jericho, as if seeing him for the first time.

"...is any of that your blood?" she asks him. Referring, no doubt, to the large red stains over his shirt and jacket where the...thing...had bled all over him.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Jericho looks down, seeing his shirt for the first time, his eyes widening a bit "Good God I hope not... I take it you want this? Hmph.. women always trying to get my shirt off."

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
"This is no freaking tv-show. There must be some natural explanation, we just need to figure out what. Okay, you've been through a hell today, I'm going to circulate a new squad over here." Hall nods to you and gets on the radio. "Everyone get to the station, we need a debriefing and reports from everyone. I'll send some over already and the rest leaves when new guys get here" He again turns to speak to you. "You three go first, get that shirt to the lab and write down a report. Just... just try and keep the x-files stuff out. We don't want you to get labeled mental."

Blackrat

Hall ponders for a few seconds and turns to Angie. "What do you say doc. Give me some logical explanation. Anything... just something to write down for now and we'll all stick to it until we find out more."

Shayuri

First Post
Angie shakes her head.

"The only logic right now is the pure truth. That the assailant is unknown.. I mean, based on the sighting, and the wounds inflicted, there's no precedent for identification."

She hesitates, then adds weakly, "I suppose that the most likely reason for something not to have precedent is because it's...new. I mean, it could be this thing is one of a kind. Transgenic genetic manipulation could, I mean theoretically, produce an animal with traits no other animal has...like elongated fingers with claws, and a semi-upright stance."

Blackrat

Hall stares at Angie with blank face for a while. "Damn, did you just say it's a mutated bear? Okay, we'll call it unidentified large predator. Just try not to freak the bosses with your report. Jones will drive you downtown"

Shayuri

First Post
"Well no...I don't think natural mutation could account for it," Angelina says, frustrated. She shakes her head.

"Unidentified predator is probably the best term for it...certainly the most honest."

She looks down at the previous victim with the oddly cut leg.

"Am I still doing this? Leaving the body out too long without examination could skew the findings."

Blackrat

"We'll get another pathologist here asap, don't worry. You've been through enough today." He looks at you with compassion.

Remove ads