• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sky Breathes All Life - IC

Nonlethal Force

First Post
"Tragic, sir," Sye comments to Alister. "Archer's shouldn't have to die like this. Well, nobody should have to die like this." She motions to the ship that is still on fire. "Should we?"

tylermalan

First Post
Duncan and Lily

As you search the wreckage and converse, you realize that you have actually traveled pretty far from the town you began in. Looking off in the distance a ways in the direction you were already heading, You see some people actually up and moving about - the first you've seen yet. As you get closer, you realize that they are members of the union of shipwrights conscripted for this war, and Duncan, you recognize a few as being part of the contingency you belonged to. They are moving about very rapidly in an attempt to pull a man out of a burning ship, a feat they accomplish just as you get within distance to discern what they are doing. Including the recently rescued shipwright, there are eight in total. They begin to move to try to put out the fire.

In addition, you see some movement off to your left quite a ways, as it seems there may be some more survivors in that direction.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Not wanting to usurp her commander, but trying to scout ahead and potentially protect Alister from the sight of her father, Sye steps quickly a few paces ahead of Alister and approaches the ships.

Shayuri

First Post
Lily gasps and points at the shipwrights. "Look! And there's something moving over that way too. Why don't you go help them out, and I'll check out whatever's moving?"

She starts at a brisk jog towards the wiggling timbers and planks, would be running in fact, but that she's still conscious and cautious of danger. An elf still in 'kill the humies' mode, perhaps...or beasts like those that had attacked.

Lord Wyrm

First Post
Duncan looks to Lily, "Be careful."
Wouldn't want to lose this one, to much effort finding some else this skilled and pliable. Vaeris thinks as he runs toward the shipwrights.
In a commanding voice he yells, "You men, are there others tapped in that?" Duncan moves to the rear of the shipwrights taking a posture to guard them against outside threats.

tylermalan

First Post
Lily:

As you turn your focus in your new direction, you realize that its much farther than you originally thought. It will take you awhile to get there, should you continue in that direction. You still cannot make out what is over there or what is going on.

Duncan:

A man looks up and, startled, says, "Duncan! I can't believe you've made it! MEN! OVER HERE! No, I don't think anyone else is in there, though I wouldn't know for sure, and we can't seem to find any officers either..." You recognize him as Jesoah. The recently rescued man is helped up by another, and the whole group trots over to where you are standing. They look haggard and worn, and none of them seem to know what's going on.

Sye and Alister:

The ship seems to be burning brighter since you stopped to check on the officer on the ground behind you. You can't quite tell where the fire originated, and the heat is oppressive. There is a large hole facing you in the underbelly of the ship, the hatch leading to the hull on top of the ship seemingly blocked by fire, and the rear escape chute, seemingly undamaged. There is fire inside the hole in the underbelly, though it is not blocking your path.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Sye looks over the situation and says, "I doubt anyone is alive near the rear escape chute - it is undamaged and nobody has found their way out yet. If they were alive and near it, that would be the logical choice. I'm heading for the hole in the center with your permission."

Sye waits for Alister's approval and if she receives it she heads for the gaping hole.

Eluvan

First Post
"Yes," Alister rasps. "Just be careful... I imagine this ship has claimed enough lives already." Shaking his head, he follows Sye towards the flaming wound in the ship's hull.

Remove ads