• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sky Breathes All Life - IC

Shayuri

First Post
When Duncan vanishes inside, Lily is released. She turns to look at the movement, and quickly sets off to see what those shapes are. Survivors? More attackers? She tries to keep to cover as she goes, hoping to see them them more clearly before they see her.

tylermalan

First Post
Alister and Sye:

OOC - Sye, I rolled an 18 total for your search check, and you spot Alister's father lying face down on a nearby desk, unmoving. The fire rages around him, but he looks relatively unharmed at a first glance. In addition, the smoke that you noticed escaping in the opposite direction as the rest is going out of the two broken out windows on the front of the ship. You both take another point of nonlethal damage from the heat.

Lily:

Unfortunately, there's not much cover within your immediate vicinity, and the direction the group is heading suggests that they have already seen you, though they may not recognize you yet. As you get a bit closer, you realize that they are a contingent of archers from your army, albeit minus their weapons.

Duncan:

You explode up the stairs into the main inner deck, just below the open deck on the top of the ship. The fire seems to be originating from inside here, though it is difficult to discern what exactly is on fire. You take no damage from the heat, but it is oppressive, and you will begin taking damage if you choose to stay for any further rounds. There are a few doors, all open leading to specific operation rooms on the sides of the walls, and stairs leading up onto the deck, light spilling forth through holes in the smoke. No one answers your yells as of yet.

Shayuri

First Post
With a half-sigh, half-sob of relief, Lily breaks into a run, waving over her head.

"Ho there! Over here! Over here!"

On meeting them (assuming nothing untoward occurs ;) ) Lily sends anyone with bad wounds towards the elf village, letting them know that for the moment the elves are putting up with them, so be on good behavior. Anyone not too injured and ablebodied, she recruits, dividing into pairs and sending back out to look for more survivors. Once the archers have been dealt with, she hustles back to the ship Duncan vanished into, hoping that he's come back out by then.

(Note - if you wanted RP here, feel free to interrupt my little summary. :) )

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Sye shouts, "Sir! Over here!" with a somewhat enthusiastic tone. "I believe I've found him and he looks somewhat worse for wear but I don't see any immediate wounds."

Sye moves, waves, or does whatever else is necessary to get Alister's attention through the smoke.

Eluvan

First Post
Alister hurries over to where Sye points, too charged with adrenaline to feel or think anything much except that he must get his father out of there. He charges heedlessly through the smoke and flames as far as is possible, intending to leap onto the desk where his father lies, heft him over his shoulder, and carry him out as swiftly as he can.

OOC:
[sblock]I don't know what rolls might be appropriate so Tyler, feel free to make any you see fit for me in the interests of speed. Alister will do anything short of obvious and complete suicide to achieve his objectives.[/sblock]

tylermalan

First Post
Lily:

There are 6 total troops when you reach them. One that you don't recognize immediately starts spouting off how many of them are remaining from the original regiment, speaking too fast and incoherently for you to truly understand what he's saying. None of them are of rank, and as such, they listen to your directions explicitly. They head off in the direction of the village as you turn towards Duncan, hustling that way.

When you get there, the shipwrights see you coming and greet you, telling you that Duncan has been gone for awhile. You occasionally hear him yelling for survivors, so you know he's not dead. No one answers his calls as of yet.

Duncan:

The third room you come to is a map checking room, and inside is a man slumped over a desk littered with maps. He is bleeding, though you don't know where from.

Alister and Sye:

Alister, you reach your father and heft him onto your shoulders with relative ease. You don't see any immediate means of escaping other than the broken windows, which you could try to jump out of. The smoke is intense even more so with your father on your shoulders, as he makes it difficult to crouch underneath it. You both take another point of nonlethal damage from the heat. In addition, a piece of metal hanging somewhere on your father's uniform touches your hand, burning you for the instant that it stays there.

Last edited:

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Sye looks to physically aid Alister in getting his father safely out.

[Sblock]Trying to use the Aid Another option for a bonus to Alister's roll should he try to jump out. Sye's Jump check is a -1, so this may not be successful.[/Sblock]

Additionally, should Alister attempt to jumpt through the broken out windows Sye looks to her commander directly and says, "I believe you can make it, sir. Not only for your father, but for you and all the soldiers who fought under your father and yourself. To see him and yourself escape this burning inferno would do wonders for their morale. Go, sir, and bring glory to the troops and save your father's life. I'll be right behind you."

[Sblock]Should Alister attempt to jumpt through the windows, Sye is trying to use her Inspire Competence bonus to boost Alister's jump check or whatever else she may do.She wil keep encouraging Alister for as many tries as Alister needs to make it through the window - even if it means taking nonlethal damage to the point of falling unconscious inside the flying ship.[/Sblock]

Lord Wyrm

First Post
Vaeris moves to the downed man's side, he moves his right hand to the man's neck reaching his forefingers to check for a pulse. As he does so he moves his left hand to his belt to retrieve a potion.

[sblock]Heal +4 to check for signs of life, if some are detected I'll administer the potion.[/sblock]

tylermalan

First Post
Vaeris:

He is alive and unconscious. Administering the potion goes as smoothly as can be expected, helped a bit by the room not being so filled with smoke. He wakes up dazed, and doesn't seem to know what's going on. He doesn't say anything, only looks around frantically, scrambling into a corner once he notices his own blood.

Remove ads