D&D 4E The still "complete" list of official 4E products, now with 2011!

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Thanks...now my thoughts:

First, Heroscape looks pretty cool.

Second, whats is the scale exactly? Is the scale the same but the (current and older) bases are different? If the scale is the same, this opens up all sorts of minitures, as there are several different sets for the game, not just the "D&D" ones, that could be interesting. (Also, I am sure that some things I saw are repurposed D&D minis).

Third, its hard for me to really track this beyond the "official" products (which these--technically--aren't, at least not yet), but if people can give me coherent information with release dates, I can note it. I did not find the official site very useful.

Fourth, I did find this:

Amazon.com: Heroscape D&D: Toys & Games

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
A few comments...

Confirmed: Really Big Orcus Bigature June 15, 2010
The Really Big Orcus Bigature (aka Orcus, Prince of Undeath) now has a release date of June 29, according to its product page.

Moved: DDM Monster Manual: Lords of Madness August 2010
This set is now releasing September 21, according to its product page.

Master Set: City Dungeon Tiles September 21, 2010
The product page now has October 19 for this.

Player's Essentials: Heroes of the Fallen Lands October 19, 2010
Moved forward to September 21, it seems.

I think the Monster Vault is missing from the list. That's due November 16, 2010.

Player's Handbook Races: Humans December 21 2010
The distinct absence of this in the WotC online catalog make me think it has been delayed until at least January 2011.

Moved ? Legion of Gold D&D Gamma World Expansion February 25 (or Dec?)
Due out on December 21 according to the product page.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
According to the WPN Premier Team Weekly Update we received from WotC, the HeroScape Wave 12 (D&D 2) Warriors of Eberron assortment has a street date of 8/17/10 for all stores.

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Third, its hard for me to really track this beyond the "official" products (which these--technically--aren't, at least not yet), but if people can give me coherent information with release dates, I can note it. I did not find the official site very useful.

Here you go:

Heroscape Master Sets
Battle for the Underdark: Master Set III (January 2010)

Expansions
Champions of the Forgotten Realms (March 2010), consisting of the following packs:
  • Fury of the Primordials
  • Glaun Bog Raiders
  • Heroes of Faerûn
  • Warriors of the Ghostlight Fen
Warriors of Eberron (August 2010), consisting of the following packs:
  • Golem and Wyrmlings
  • Heroes of Khorvaire
  • Ogre and Goblins
  • Veterans of the Last War

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Third, its hard for me to really track this beyond the "official" products (which these--technically--aren't, at least not yet)
Do the Gale Force Nine line of licensed D&D accessories count as "official"?

If so, the following releases have been mentioned so far:
  • Game Mat: The Inn of the Welcome Wench (Jun 2010)
  • Game Mat: The King's Road (Jun 2010)
  • Dungeon Master's Token Set (Jul 2010)
  • Game Mat: The Caves of Chaos (Jul 2010)
  • Player Character Token Set: Wizard (Jul 2010)
  • Player Character Token Set: Ranger (Jul 2010)
  • Game Mat: Market Square (Aug 2010)
  • Player Character Token Set: Cleric (Aug 2010)
  • Player Character Token Set: Fighter (Aug 2010)

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Thanks everyone for the flury of comments! I will be updating shortly.

I just read a blog update for the next wave of Heroscapers - truth D&D heroscape figures that might be interesting to others.

Essentially getting a really cool Iron Golem and some small dragons but more importantly than that the bases have been resized so that they work with the D&D square grid.

It might be of interest to include these expansions in the list of D&D products coming out this year. Also mentioned is further D&D expansions. This might be the way that WoTC are going to take D&D miniatures going forward.

Just saw a relevant review on this topic. He seemed quite positive:

Review of Heroscape Expansion Sets - RPGnet

Kirnon_Bhale

Explorer
Wow, I got some experience for that post - how great is that.

In answer to the questions re. Heroscape

1. The mini scale is completely comparable with the D&D minis and you are correct that the new D&D one use a lot of minis from existing products. The big upside to these is that it is non randomised - you know exactly what you are getting.

2. Older waves of Heroscape can be quite hard to come by ATM but it has been heavily hinted at that there is going to be reprints of these products in the future.

3. One nice feature of heroscape figures is that you get groups of minis in a pack eg. Lizardmen and each on will be sporting a different pose.

4. The only issue that might require a little workaround is the large figures bases are not round but designed to take up two hexes on a heroscape board - I have placed them at an angle on a square grid and was personally satisfied with the result but others might not be as relaxed about that sort of thing.

What does it take to get this thing stickied? It's a pain digging this out every time I want to double-check my gaming budget and plans, and it's more useful at this point than the collected errata sticky.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Ok, first, I promised updates and then sort of forgot.

Second, we can go the mods or the guvn'r on this whole sticking thing. I guess this way you know when its been updated.

Third, glad you are finding it usefull.

Remove ads