D&D 4E The still "complete" list of official 4E products, now with 2011!

ggroy

First Post
I agree. I really want to see the assassin class in print. I also think it's probably a good idea to introduce this power source in this way rather than in a new PHB.

Wonder if the same thing will be done for the elemental power source classes (ie. a "Player's Options: Heroes of Elemental" type book).

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
As elemental was one of the other power sources in the preview books.

Of course, so was "chi", and Illusionist used the shadow power source.

Another question, are we done, or at least taking an extended break from, PHB#, DMG#, MM#...

ggroy

First Post
As elemental was one of the other power sources in the preview books.

Of course, so was "chi", and Illusionist used the shadow power source.

Wonder what ideas they had for elemental power source classes. That is, if they even had any concrete ideas in the first place. Or was it just vaporware from the very start?

One silly idea would be to make an elemental "race" being like a template or "skin", similar to the revenant race.

Another question, are we done, or at least taking an extended break from, PHB#, DMG#, MM#...

I could see the Monster Manual line continuing on with MM4, MM5, etc ...

Further iterations of the PHB and DMG are somewhat less certain at this point.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Its a year ago, but that is assurance. And ggroy is probably on to something, unless heroes of shadow is a one-off, they may need a new power source.

Oh, and there is an elemental race (and in my game even, seems to involve thunder).

ggroy

First Post
Its a year ago, but that is assurance. And ggroy is probably on to something, unless heroes of shadow is a one-off, they may need a new power source.

Wonder which WotC 3E/3.5E player classes do not have a 4E implementation yet, and/or whose functions have not been replicated yet in 4E.

There's plenty of classes left available from 3.x for Wizards to adapt, but the one I doubt we'll ever see is the Spellthief. Stealing powers as is from monsters would be problematic, but I can see them doing a class along a similar theme if its done with powers exclusive to the class, with a randomization effect like the Chaos Sorcerer's Energy Strobe At-Will.

For a look at how a Spellthief-kinda monster might look like, IMHO, check out Rort, Goblin Tomeripper in The Slaying Stone, which isn't yet in the Compendium.

Dr_Ruminahui

First Post
There are also a few such monsters in the MM3 - the Oblivion moss comes to mind, plus there are several whose power inflicts the condition "Cannot use encounter, daily or utility powers (Save Ends)".

My recollection is that only Oblivion Moss actually aquires powers from the PC - it has a power that creates a Minion that uses one of the target PC's at-wills.

Kirnon_Bhale

Explorer
Heroscape

I just read a blog update for the next wave of Heroscapers - truth D&D heroscape figures that might be interesting to others.

Essentially getting a really cool Iron Golem and some small dragons but more importantly than that the bases have been resized so that they work with the D&D square grid.

It might be of interest to include these expansions in the list of D&D products coming out this year. Also mentioned is further D&D expansions. This might be the way that WoTC are going to take D&D miniatures going forward.

Remove ads