D&D 4E The still "complete" list of official 4E products, now with 2011!

Aegeri

First Post
If this is the case, Nentir Vale (and its surrounding areas) may possibly be the 2011 setting.

Interesting theory actually. Personally I would love some of these books set in some planar locations as well, Hestavar in Celestia, the City of Brass, somewhere random in the Abyss and Dys in the Nine Hells would be great.

Shroomy

Adventurer
It makes sense to flush out the Nentir Vale a bit more if that's the setting being presented in the Essentials series. Its not likely that the new players its targeted to will have any sort of attachment to the Realms, Eberron, or Dark Sun.

Camelot

Adventurer
The "essentials" bit is not confirmed in the rest of the entry, and the cover is a different format. Though it does confirm that this is another trade paperback.

I thought this was interesting:

"This paperback book is the first in a new series of game supplements spotlighting specific regions of the D&D core world, with information that Dungeon Masters can use to run adventures and campaigns set in the region, plus secrets and story hooks for players." (bold added)

This has a few implications.

I don't think it's an "implication," but rather they're coming right out and saying it. There's going to be a series called Gazetteer, each one detailing an area of the core Points of Light campaign setting. It sounds like it could be a good source of inspiration; I approve, but it doesn't get me as excited as a Player's Handbook 4 or Dungeon Master's Guide 3 would.

Does anyone know what Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium will hold? I assume it's items, but I'm not too familiar with what Mordenkainen was famous for, besides a hound. What kind of items can we expect?

bagger245

Explorer
I don't think it's an "implication," but rather they're coming right out and saying it. There's going to be a series called Gazetteer, each one detailing an area of the core Points of Light campaign setting. It sounds like it could be a good source of inspiration; I approve, but it doesn't get me as excited as a Player's Handbook 4 or Dungeon Master's Guide 3 would.

Does anyone know what Mordenkainen's Magnificent Emporium will hold? I assume it's items, but I'm not too familiar with what Mordenkainen was famous for, besides a hound. What kind of items can we expect?

So in 4e we have Elminster gone mad and Mordenkainen starting a magic item retail shop eh? :heh: Thing is, will there be Greyhawk reference or will they just port Mordenkainen into Nentir Vale.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
One thing I was, er, implying was that it won't just be Nentir Vale.

We are getting all new regions and hence another "mainstream" fantasy world that will join Oerth and Krynn and the FR one and the Known World one.

Remove ads