D&D 4E The still "complete" list of official 4E products, now with 2011!

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
You don't have your copy yet?

Hey, I don't have the legitimate releases for last month yet. For some reason, most of the adventures have been delayed by a month in Australia, and ditto the Eberron Player's Guide. It is out, right?

Cheers!

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
Wow...how long do you think 4e will last before the new edition? It just boggles me mind...Martial Power 10, Arcane Power 10, Primal Power 8. Yeah, I think we have enough powers.

Yeah, I kind of agree here. I'm fine with a Martial Power 2 because it looks like they're focusing on different stuff than last time round (fighting styles and such) but I really don't want a Martial Power 3. Not sure if WotC can resist doing more though :hmm:

Kinda glad I haven't jumped to 4E yet looking at those lists.
I've started to debate buying the Core 3 (PHB 1 / DMG 1 / MM 1) but seeing this list kinda makes it daunting to want to jump into it.
Not opposed to 4E, just seems like as was said can they resist doing more? I would probably have to get the DDI just to help keep it straight.

Wasn't a gluttony of products (settings) an undoing of TSR? While few of these are setting specific, it seems to follow that pattern. Remember when near the end of the TSR years things came out left and right.

Don't get me wrong I will probably end up buying a good majority of them, but most likely it will be through 2nd hand stores vice new.

Phaezen

First Post
Hey, I don't have the legitimate releases for last month yet. For some reason, most of the adventures have been delayed by a month in Australia, and ditto the Eberron Player's Guide. It is out, right?

Cheers!

My copy of the EPG has safelt made its way to South Africa :cool:. We usually get the books about 10 days after the US street date

Harlekin

First Post
Kinda glad I haven't jumped to 4E yet looking at those lists.
I've started to debate buying the Core 3 (PHB 1 / DMG 1 / MM 1) but seeing this list kinda makes it daunting to want to jump into it.
Not opposed to 4E, just seems like as was said can they resist doing more? I would probably have to get the DDI just to help keep it straight.

Wasn't a gluttony of products (settings) an undoing of TSR? While few of these are setting specific, it seems to follow that pattern. Remember when near the end of the TSR years things came out left and right.

Don't get me wrong I will probably end up buying a good majority of them, but most likely it will be through 2nd hand stores vice new.

Remember that the core 3 is all you need to play. And that the DDi gives you easy and cheap access to (almost) all the other material. If you were actually getting started I would advise against buying additional material.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter

The release schedule is very similar to that which was in effect for all of 3.5e. It's not like the 2e days, when you'd quite likely get 8 products a month. 2 is pretty much the maximum these days.

Cheers!

The Little Raven

First Post
The release schedule is very similar to that which was in effect for all of 3.5e. It's not like the 2e days, when you'd quite likely get 8 products a month. 2 is pretty much the maximum these days.

Also, the majority of books are general purpose, rather than campaign-specific, like in the 2e days. Less people buy the Forgotten Realms Box Set than the core rules, and even less people buy Elves of Evermeet than the box set.

AllisterH

First Post
Heh..I still have somewhere the calendar that DRAGON released at the beginning of the year that listed all the products being released for the next 3 (or was it 6) months...

I once counted 10 releases a month (this was when we still had Birthright producing stuff)...

Remove ads