• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Stuff of Dreams (Orsal Judging)

Dungannon

First Post
[sblock=El Jefe: ]"Ida, her name's Ida. Anyway I was hoping to catch up to her. If she's not here I guess I'll have to try some of the old haunts." Devlin appears nonchalant but waits for a reply from the bartender.[/sblock]

Xaov

First Post
When Enialis and Ryland get to the inn Ryland suggested, if Ryland's contact has nothing new to tell him. They'll eat a warm meal and make their way to finding out where Archer lived. Most likely by approaching Eppy and asking her about it.

Once they find out they'll watch the place see who all comes in and leaves.

El Jefe

First Post
Naw...it couldn't be...

[sblock=Devlin: ]
Dungannon said:
"Ida, her name's Ida."
The man gave Devlin a quizzical look, then slowly shook his head. "No, she hasn't been here", he replied. "Nobody like that at all." The man went back to tending bar, but to Devlin sensed an air of awkwardness to the proceedings.[/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
Have you heard...?

[sblock=Enialis, Ryland: ]
Xaov said:
When Enialis and Ryland get to the inn Ryland suggested, if Ryland's contact has nothing new to tell him. They'll eat a warm meal and make their way to finding out where Archer lived.
Ryland was disappointed to learn that the barkeep at St. Arnold's had little information for them. Well, little information that they wanted to hear -- they did learn that a trio of adventurers "from out of town" were involved in the Archer-Thursby murders and were looking for ways to clear their names. The bartender grinned as he was aware of the irony of revealing this bit of gossip to Ryland and Enialis, who he presumed was Ryland and Devlin's partner. Enialis grumbled to himself a bit for being labled as an out-of-towner, but mostly kept his comments to himself.

The Blue Plate Special lightened both Enialis's and Ryland's purses by a Shield. Ryland remarked that the quality of the food hadn't improved since his last visit.
Xaov said:
Most likely by approaching Eppy and asking her about it.
OoC: Um, where are you going to find Eppy? The business? Her house?[/sblock]

Xaov

First Post
[sblock]I think we'll try to telepathically communicate with her by using the ancient technique of Wu Shi Gan.

But in all seriousness we'll start with the business then if she isn't there we'll go to her house.[/sblock]

Dungannon

First Post
[sblock=El Jefe: ]Devlin sits at the bar nursing his ale. When the bartender makes his way back near him, Devlin begins spinning a Crown on the bar. "You sure you haven't seen my friend? I'd be really grateful if you could help me out."

ooc: Diplomacy check = 19[/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
Who ordered the quiche?

[sblock=Enialis, Ryland: ]
Xaov said:
But in all seriousness we'll start with the business then if she isn't there we'll go to her house.
Although it was growing late in the day for most commerce, Eppy was still at the business, apparently working hard to get things in order after Furlong's passing.

"Oh, there you are", she exclaimed with relief at the sight of the pair. She gulped and continued, "We have an unexpected visitor, and I was worried that I'd have to deal with him all by myself. I told him we were closed, but he insisted on staying. He gave me this." Eppy presented a hand-lettered business card.[sblock=Whoever examines the card: ]It reads simply, "Jobe Brimbor, Gentle-elf". It is also perfumed...the aroma is reminiscent of gardenias.[/sblock]Eppy gestured with her eyes, and the pair beheld an effeminate, foppish elf rising to greet them. He bowed slightly, and asked rhetorically, "May a stranger offer condolences for your partner's unfortunate death?" Without another word, he proceeded through the door which Eppy had neglected to close into what was once Furlong's inner office. Ryland and Enialis glanced at each other, then followed him in.

They found him waiting, respectfully, for them to find their seats before claiming his. As he nervously fondled his ornate cane, he asked, "Would you know if there is any relationship between Mr. Archer's demise and that of one Flodal Thursby?"[/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
And you seemed like such a nice guy

[sblock=Devlin: ]
Dungannon said:
"You sure you haven't seen my friend? I'd be really grateful if you could help me out."
The bartender shook his head, seemingly disappointed. "Save your money, kid", he replied. His eyes met Devlin's. "When you first walked in here, I thought you were on the level. So I'll tell you again...I haven't seen her." He went back to his chores, still shaking his head as if he wanted to give Devlin some advice, but thought better of it. After all, one doesn't keep a steady clientele at a bar by being too blunt about their shortcomings.[/sblock]

Xaov

First Post
[sblock]Good evening Mr. Brimbor hopefully we didn't keep you long.

We have been doing as much as we can to truly establish what that link could be. But from what we have gathered we are sure that the two murders were indeed connected. Have you any information that might help us with our investigation in these matters? It would be greatly appreciated.
[/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
I seem to have mislaid my hat

[sblock=Ryland, Enialis: ]
Xaov said:
Have you any information that might help us with our investigation in these matters? It would be greatly appreciated.
Brimbor took a seat and shook his head wistfully. "I fear my knowledge of such matters is rather...limited", he confessed. The creepy little elf got down to business.

"I'm trying to recover, an ornament that, ah, shall we say, has been mislaid...I thought and hoped you could assist me. The ornament, ah, is an orb, a black sphere with carvings of exotic beasts...griffons. I am prepared to promise that - what is the phrase? 'No questions shall be asked!'" The elf gestured knowingly at the last phrase. "I am prepared to offer the sum of five thousand Crowns, payable in Dragons, for the orb's recovery, on behalf of the ornament's rightful owner."

The pair scarcely had time to digest this latest bit of information, when Eppy knocked at the open door of the inner office. "Gentlemen", she announced, "I usually don't interrupt business discussions, but I've been here all day. If I left the key, would you two be willing to see our customer to the door when you're done, and then lock up after you leave? You could either drop off the key, or open up yourselves tomorrow morning. I'll still have some things to do then."[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads