• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Stuff of Dreams (Orsal Judging)

El Jefe

First Post
While the three adventurers talked, they heard a low murmuring in the background...nothing very distinct. At one point, Devlin thought he made out something like, "I think they have something to do with those two murders that the crier announced", but it was hard to be sure.

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin listens to his partners, but also keeps his ears alert to the other patrons of the inn.

"Gentlemen, it seems we're starting to attract some attention. Maybe we should take our discussion somewhere a little more private, like one of our rooms."

ooc: Devlin does not mention the details of his discussion with Mrs. Archer when relaying what he found out.

Xaov

First Post
Very well. Shall we meet in your room Devlin? Enialis whispers

Enialis stands up and heads up to the upper level

Dungannon

First Post
Once everyone in comfortable, Devlin resumes the conversation.

"So, let's review what information we have. Rilla Wonder is really Brigit Oshally. She made up the story about Flodal running away with her sister. She hired Flodal in Monemvassia for some obsure reason. He, and possibly they, have been in Orussus for a week. She claims to have wanted to hire Furlong to help her get rid of Flodal somehow. She is convinced Flodal killed Archer, and Flodal was seen with a dagger that matches the one used to kill our employer. Now she wants us to find a way to explain the murders that has no connection to her."

Devlin pauses a minute to let everyone absorb the information before continuing. "Personally, I don't care what she wants. If she's involved then I want to find out. I hate being played a fool. She claims she waited for Furlong to show up and only returned to the Tower Inn when he never showed up. We know that's a lie because Ryland and I were at St. Arnold's all night and we doublechecked today in case we missed anything. Nobody saw her there last night."

After another moment of silence Devlin offers another piece of information. "Eppy mentioned something to me today when I checked in at the office. She said she wouldn't be surprised if Mrs. Archer was somehow involved as she became a very wealthy woman with her husband's demise." The rogue lets that hang in the air for a while.

Xaov

First Post

This also leaves the question as to whom killed Flodal.

To make an assumption I would have to imagine that Oshally wanted Flodal out of the picture due to their other dealings and Flodal threatening her with Blackmail.

With Mrs. Archer's gains from Furlong's death it is possible that she tipped Flodal off which could explain how he knew of Archer being hired.

I have to say I am a bit stumped as to what our next move should be. Mrs. Archer should definately be investigated I believe. But beyond that I am clueless.

El Jefe

First Post
The rogue, the horseman, and the wizard pondered in their hotel room. What to do, what to do? The city went about it's business as time seemed to stand still in the confines of the cozy Inn.

Salix

First Post
"It's getting late. Maybe we should call it tonight and interview the wife. ", the gnome reiterates his suggestion.

OOC: El Jefe- I'll be out of town Sunday through Wednesday. Most likely I won't have internet access.

Remove ads