The Stuff of Dreams (Orsal Judging)

El Jefe

First Post
East Side, West Side, All about the Town...

[sblock=Enialis: ]
Xaov said:
hmm if I remember correctly I had just finished finding out as much as I could about our case from the people around where Furlong was found dead. I think I had then moved to the street of merchants to talk to the alchemist and found out it was Wyvern Poison, very expensive.
Ooc: You recall correctly.
Xaov said:
Enialis will head into the slums and ask around there. Asking if any of the people had seen Flodal or Rilla at any time. As well as finding out about possible enemies.
Enialis spent a couple of hours in the seedier parts of Orussus, learning two things: His own family's situation, although humble, was infinitely better than that of the wretches who inhabited the worst parts of Orussus, and that nobody in those parts would admit to knowing of a "Rilla" or a "Flodal", or anyone who answered their descriptions. Now, if Flodal was described simply as a thug, nearly everyone seems to know one or two people who met that description...
Xaov said:
If nothing turns up he'll go to where Flodal was found dead and ask similar questions.
Enialis recalled that the Flowing River Inn was nestled in the curve of the Roars where it turned from west to north as it finally oozed into the sea, and located it without too much difficulty. The Flowing River boasted "riverfront views" from the rooms in the back of the Inn.

Once there, Enialis inquired about the murder of the previous evening, and one of the men on the barstools mentioned that it had taken place just outside and up the street a bit. The man seemed a little nonplussed by the occasion, but after a round of ale (which cost Enialis 8 pennies...a reasonable sum), the man agreed to show the horseman the place. Enialis was taken to a spot not 40 paces north of the Inn's door, and told that he was at the very spot where Thursby's body was found, lying face down in the street near the gutter. There was really nothing to see...it was no different than any other stretch of the street, save that a dead man had lain there the previous night.

Enialis asked around the Inn about Thursby, and found that he was from out of town, had taken a room at the Flowing River (with no possessions left behind), and gave the impression that he was not a man to be trifled with. At least one of the patrons admitted that he feared the man, and was as much relieved as horrified to find that he'd come to a bad end.

Enialis also learned that he was not the first person to make such inquiries at the Flowing River...a gnome had come around earlier in the day, asking much the same things. He also learned that nobody knew of a "Rilla", but that someone answering her description had been seen near the Flowing River the previous afternoon.[/sblock]

Dungannon

First Post
[sblock=El Jefe: ]Devlin figures he's learned all he's going to from Brigit right now. "Brigit, I want you to stay here. Stay in your room as much as you can. I've got to go meet my associates and find out what they've discovered. I'll be back tonight or tomorrow morning to talk to you some more, ok?"

Devlin will, assuming Brigit is okay with this, take his leave of her and make his way back to the Tower Inn.[/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
I'll be a good girl, now

[sblock=Devlin: ]
Dungannon said:
"Stay in your room as much as you can...I'll be back tonight or tomorrow morning to talk to you some more, ok?"
Brigit nodded her assent, and Devlin left the room.
Dungannon said:
Devlin will, assuming Brigit is okay with this, take his leave of her and make his way back to the Tower Inn.
The breeze had quieted, and the sun had come out, warming the city. A drop of sweat trickled down Devlin's brow as he strolled to the Tower Inn, wondering just where this all was leading.

He arrived to find Ryland in the common room, being spoken to rudely by a slight, baby-faced, thuggish young man.

OoC: Feel free to read post 20[/sblock]

Salix

First Post
stick that in your pipe and smoke it

El Jefe said:
[sblock=Ryland: ]The man looked down at Ryland with disdain. "I don't need anything from you, Shorty", he spat, "Shove off!"Ooc: No problem, it's not every day the whole universe gets tossed in a blender and then pulled out whole again![/sblock]

"Have it your way, whelp! I don't owe you anything. You just reminded me of my former boss, Furlong Archer.", the gnome says, staring the young man in the eye before turning to walk away.
OOC diplomacy check
diplomacy check (1d20+3=5)

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin watches the interplay, smiling at the gnome's moxie. He watches the stranger for a minute, in case he tries anything, before making his way to Ryland.

"So, how was your day?"

El Jefe

First Post
[sblock=Ryland and Devlin: ]
Salix said:
"You just reminded me of my former boss, Furlong Archer."
The young man continued to stare at Ryland menacingly, but made no threatening motion. Nor did he betray any recognition of Furlong's name...possibly from being illiterate or stupid or both. As Ryland stepped away, the diminuative brute resumed scanning the common room, looking for all the world disappointed that he'd not had a good excuse to get into a fight.[/sblock]

Salix

First Post
"I didn't find out much, you have any luck?"

OOC: Not that I can remember should probably read any of the Ryland posts. I read through the Devlin posts so I have a good Idea of what you learned, although I didn't realize you were back in the Tower Inn.

Xaov

First Post
[sblock]Enialis feeling he got pretty much all he could out of the local area. He's frustrated he feels like there is something to be found but seems to be turning up absolutely no leads. Aside from the fact that the poison was most likely Wyvern Poison.

He thinks to himself. I wonder... with all the poison that is around why Wyvern Poison? Any cheaper poison could've also done the trick. Though it might've been slower acting it still would've worked. If Rita killed Archer she must've planned it. But why what would she have to gain with Archer's death? I wonder if there is something special about Wyvern poison, if that is what it was.

Enialis will walk to a library and find out whatever he can about wyvern poison, how fast it acts, any special properties, how its prepared (if done a special way), If it can be taken from any wyvern or if they are limited to a special area. If the books say anything that might help he'll make a note about it. If he can't find anything in the library he'll go back to the alchemists and ask him if he could look at his books[/sblock]

Last edited:

El Jefe

First Post
Hey...we don't allow that in here!

[sblock=Enialis: ]
Xaov said:
Enialis will walk to a library and find out whatever he can about wyvern poison, how fast it acts, any special properties, how its prepared (if done a special way), If it can be taken from any wyvern or if they are limited to a special area.
Enialis recalled that there was a library in Orussus, although he couldn't remember ever visiting it. Given the circumstances, he thought it might be of some use. The journey from the Flowing River to the library took a someone roundabout path, but distances in even a city the size of Orussus were short compared to travel in the countryside.

At the library, however, Enialis was presented with a formidible obstacle. It seemed that the two burly guards at the entrance forbade any who were armed or armored passage into the building. Enialis considered either finding a place to leave his things behind, or forgoing this stop on the search for knowledge.[/sblock]

Xaov

First Post
[sblock]Very well he says. Do you have some place to check my equipment inside?
If the answer is no he'll ride back to his home and drop off his equipment then ride back.[/sblock]

Remove ads