The Stuff of Dreams (Orsal Judging)

El Jefe

First Post
04-21-06, 03:19 AM #321
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungannon
"You gave us leave to perform our own investigation as long as we share what we learn with you. If you don't trust us to uphold our end of the bargain, how can we trust you to act appropriately upon any information we provide you?"

Vagan nodded. "Let me see if I understand this. The man who pays you, who promises one of you a partnership in his business, is supposed to be protecting some woman from some man. Later that night, he's murdered. I take you to look at his body, and you promise to bring his killer to justice. And now you all up and leave your accomodations, you with your aunt, and you two at the Red Dragon (and don't believe I don't know the arrangement you have with Joe there) in the middle of the night to come here to look up someone who hired Archer. Now, instead of combing the woodwork to find that person, you're all sound asleep. And I'm supposed to trust you, even though the first story you tell me is a lie by your own admission. All right, fair enough. Who did you follow here, and where are they? And just where did you go and what did you do after you left Bush street earlier tonight?"
04-21-06, 03:56 AM #322
Salix

Ryland has been quiet up to this point, willing to follow his companions lead on how much information to divulge. Now he gives Vagan a steely look and says, "Maybe we should adjourn to a more neutral location before we reveal the target of our investigation. I wouldn't want to scare them off by saying their name on the premises. When we get away from here we'll tell you what we know and what we want to do. You have my word."

Having said his peice the gnome begins to pack the last of the fine tobacco into the bowl of his pipe.
04-21-06, 04:24 AM #323
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salix
"Maybe we should adjourn to a more neutral location before we reveal the target of our investigation. I wouldn't want to scare them off by saying their name on the premises."

Ryland knew immediately from the way the young man's jaw clenched that he'd said the wrong thing. "The Orussus city jail should be a fine neutral location, don't you think?" Ordinarily, that question would have a mocking tone, but Vagan was so angry that there wasn't a trace of humor in it. Pointing out Ryland and Devlin, he quickly ordered "Seize their crossbows, and all their bolts. We'll give them a good looking over." Turning to Enialis, he added, "And don't think you're completely free and clear just because you're armed with a shortbow, for all I know, you're some kind of accessory." He paced while two of the adventurers were relieved of projectiles. "So you don't want to tell me what you did after you left the scene of Archer's murder? Fine. But if you want to continue to enjoy these fine accommodations tonight, then you really should tell me why I shouldn't suspect you in the murder of Flodal Thursby, whom I found lying face down in the street less than a block from the Flowing River Inn not an hour after I left you, with three crossbow bolts in his back and the blood still wet in his wounds." He continued without a pause, addressing his men: "Take a good close look at those bolts. Any of them a match for the ones we pulled out of Thursby?"

04-21-06, 04:58 AM #324
Dungannon

Devlin arches his eyes at the news of Flodal's death. The shock may account for what comes out of his mouth next. "Two murders in a span of a few hours. Doesn't say much about your watch now does it? And if we were the ones who killed Flodal, don't you think we'd be smart enough to flee the area? After all, we obviously hold your abilities to a higher regard than the criminals of the city do."

Devlin hands over his crossbow and quiver to one of the guards and walks over to a table in the corner. "Come here, Vagan, and let's talk. Just you, mind, so we can keep this nice and quiet. And maybe you can have one of your lackeys ask the innkeeper for some coffee since you seem bound and determined not to let anyone get any sleep tonight." He takes a seat and waits for the officer to join him.
04-21-06, 05:51 AM #325
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Quote:
"Two murders in a span of a few hours. Doesn't say much about your watch now does it? And if we were the ones who killed Flodal, don't you think we'd be smart enough to flee the area? After all, we obviously hold your abilities to a higher regard than the criminals of the city do."

Devlin's words grated on the young officer's conscience like fingernails on a slate. Still, despite his youth and overreliance on procedure, Vagan kept his composure, determined to be a credit to his service. He stood, stiffly, catching his breath until the patrolman who was examining Ryland's quiver broke the silence by announcing, "Sir, this set doesn't match." Knowing that the guard inspecting Devlin's bolts would likely find the same thing, Vagan's shoulders slumped ever so slightly. The man wasn't beaten, but he knew a shift in tactics would prove more fruitful.
Quote:
"Come here, Vagan, and let's talk. Just you, mind, so we can keep this nice and quiet. And maybe you can have one of your lackeys ask the innkeeper for some coffee since you seem bound and determined not to let anyone get any sleep tonight."

Vagan faced the rogue and cracked a half-smile, something that he rarely did while in uniform. "I suppose...coffee would be in...order", he assented with some effort. He nodded to one of his men, who went to retrieve the innkeeper.

Taking a seat across from Devlin, he gazed at his opposite. "You know that I stand for justice. If you did it, or if you didn't, you'll get a fair deal from me. I'm not sure that I blame you...your mentor being dead and all...but that won't stop me from bringing you in."

04-21-06, 06:53 AM #326
Dungannon

Devlin eyes the officer, He's young, like me. And ambitious, like me. Let's see how far I can take this. Once the coffee arrives, he takes a sip and addresses Vagan. "I assure you, Vagan, neither I nor my companions killed Flodal. He's not even our prime suspect. Furlong was hired by a woman calling herself Rilla Wonder. Ms. Wonder is staying at this inn, according to the records in Furlong's office. She was supposed to meet Furlong at St. Arnold's last night. Ryland and I hung around there, providing a little unofficial backup to our boss so to speak. Neither Rilla nor Furlong showed up. So either she was prevented from showing as Furlong was, or she knew Furlong wasn't going to be there. Either way, we need to talk to her. And now you know everything." Devlin pauses to take another drink of his coffee.

"Now, like I said earlier, we are professional investigators, we know what we're doing. You want to solve this case, that's plain. More importantly, you want the credit for solving this case. It'll make your career. Personally, I don't care about credit. I prefer to stay out of the limelight. Give us a break here. Let us do our stuff, unhindered by the Watch, and I promise we'll turn over whatever we uncover directly to you. Trust me here, Vagan, we're much more useful to you as associates than we are as enemies."

ooc: Hey there boys & girls, it's time once again for Uncle Dev's favorite skill! Diplomacy check = 16. Hmmm, I guess lack of sleep is affecting his charm.

04-21-06, 08:24 AM #327
Salix

Ryland watches Devlin at work and thinks, Good boy, keep up the smooth talking. With the news that noone has framed him, he lights his pipe and gets a cup of coffee.

04-21-06, 01:24 PM #328
El Jefe
LEW Judge

"These don't match, either", called the guard inspecting Devlin's weapons. Vagan waved for the men to return the arms.
Quote:
"I assure you, Vagan, neither I nor my companions killed Flodal. He's not even our prime suspect. Furlong was hired by a woman calling herself Rilla Wonder. Ms. Wonder is staying at this inn, according to the records in Furlong's office."

Officer Vagan took all this in. "Well, let's see if she's still in", he said, and motioned for one of the men to fetch the innkeeper.
Quote:
"Let us do our stuff, unhindered by the Watch, and I promise we'll turn over whatever we uncover directly to you. Trust me here, Vagan, we're much more useful to you as associates than we are as enemies."

The young patrolman sipped his cup as he listened to Devlin, then he spoke: "Mr. Magruder, you have to do what you have to do, and we have to do what we have to do. So long as you don't interfere with the investigation, it's no business of mine what you do. But I'd suggest you don't try to leave town, and that you steer well clear of any more killings in this city. And leave a forwarding address the next time you move in the middle of the night."

The innkeeper returned to the common room with one of Vagan's guards. "I'd like to thank you for your cooperation thus far, you've been very helpful", he directed to his host. "But there's one more thing you can do for us. Has a lady named Rilla Wonder been staying here?"

The innkeeper nodded. "Oh, yes sir, she's been here a couple of days. She settled for her room and left early this morning, though, not long before these three gentlemen showed up. Is that what this is all about?"

"It might be", replied Vagan. "We're investigating a number of crimes, and it might take a little while to sort out just who is responsible for what." He drained his cup and indicated for his men to do likewise. "Thank you for the coffee, but I think we need to be off now. And as for you three (he said, indicating the adventurers), "stick around. I'll be seeing you by and by." Vagan and his troop left, closing the front door behind him as the innkeeper latched it.

"Well, gentlemen", he inquired, "an early breakfast today, or a late one?"

04-21-06, 03:18 PM #329
Xaov

Flodal dead as well? This makes Mrs. Wonder seem all the more *yawn*
guilty. If she is responsible I can understand what series of events could lead up to her killing him. But why Archer? I just don't understand this. There is something we are missing. But I suppose we should sleep on it. No use trying to think about topics with many layers to them when our brains are too fatigued to be used to their fullest. That is what I feel.
04-21-06, 09:40 PM #330
Dungannon

Devlin thanks the innkeeper, "I believe we need sleep more than food right now, good sir. A late breakfast sounds in order." The rogue then heads upstairs to his room.

04-22-06, 02:17 AM #331
Salix

Ryland will also head upstairs, giving up on the idea of canvassing the neighborhood of Furlong's murder. " Maybe we should check out the area where Flodal bought it when we get up", he says to Enialis over his shoulder.

OOC: sorry my input has been so lame lately, I'll try to pick it up here soon

04-22-06, 03:20 AM #332
El Jefe
LEW Judge

The three retired to some very comfortable beds and enjoyed several hours of uninterrupted slumber. The weather had warmed just a little, and the breeze was strong enough to be heard even through the Tower Inn's substantial construction. They finally woke an hour or two before midday, and found the owner tending to things downstairs in the common room. True to his word, breakfast was served even though some of the other patrons were starting on lunch. There was bacon and eggs and griddlecakes and bread, in all a meal that would be worth a fair coin. As he cleared away the last crumbs, the innkeeper asked, "Will ye be needing the room for another day? I can't speak for the City Watch, but if they allow ye should enjoy a much more peaceful even."

04-22-06, 05:51 PM #333
Dungannon

Devlin enjoys his breakfast after a long and tiring night. "We apreciate the offer, sir. Tell me, when Ms. Wonder left last night was she alone? Was she in a hurry?"

04-22-06, 06:07 PM #334
Xaov

*Enialis munches on his food while looking at the Innkeeper awaiting his response*

04-22-06, 07:31 PM #335
Salix

"It might be wise to stay here one more night in case she returns. Besides, these griddlecakes are delicious", Ryland giving the other two the impression that he occassionally thinks with his stomach. "Did the young lady mention where she might be going", he says as he reaches for his pipe and tobacco, remembering that his stash was empty he adds, "You wouldn't have any leaf for sale, would you?"

04-23-06, 12:47 AM #336
El Jefe
LEW Judge

The innkeeper came by as a serving wench was collecting the empty plates.
Quote:
"Tell me, when Ms. Wonder left last night was she alone? Was she in a hurry?"

The man's eyes met Devlin's. "I don't usually discuss private matters of guests", he said in measured tones, "but seeing as how she seems to be the reason ye're sleep was interrupted last night, I'll allow this much. She came in late all by herself and told me she needed to settle up and leave. I tell ye, something had spooked her good...she wasn't so much in a hurry as she was scared of her own shadow. If she made haste, that was why."
Quote:
"Did the young lady mention where she might be going", he says as he reaches for his pipe and tobacco, remembering that his stash was empty he adds, "You wouldn't have any leaf for sale, would you?"

The innkeeper shook his head. "I wouldn't have told ye if she said, but since she didn't I kin tell ye that. Oh, and we don't have any pipe-weed for sale, but I can recommend a good tobacconist near the Street of Merchants - if ye've a scrap to write on, I kin sketch ye a map."

04-23-06, 01:53 AM #337
Xaov

Well I suppose it wouldn't hurt to spend another night here. But I don't think we should spend a day sitting idoly by. We should come up with a plan about how we should start investigating these murders.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I really think that we should start off where this whole fiasco started. check the banks and the river. Archer may have dropped something. Left us a clue. What do you guys think

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
04-23-06, 03:17 AM #338
Salix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaov
Well I suppose it wouldn't hurt to spend another night here. But I don't think we should spend a day sitting idoly by. We should come up with a plan about how we should start investigating these murders.

ANyone have any thoughts?

I really think that we should start off where this whole fiasco started. check the banks and the river. Archer may have dropped something. Left us a clue. What do you guy

"I'm fine with splitting up and checking both scenes. It seems important to see Flodal's last stand before the scene gets ruined and it's too late to ask the locals if they saw anything.", he says before sighing and putting his pipe away, resigned to aquire more pipe weed after the day is through.

04-23-06, 05:54 PM #339
Dungannon

Devlin looks at his companions. "So, who wants to check out which? I also want to check in at St. Arnold's, see if the bartender there or any of the regulars will recognize a description of Rilla Wonder."

04-23-06, 06:25 PM #340
Salix

Quote:
Devlin looks at his companions. "So, who wants to check out which? I also want to check in at St. Arnold's, see if the bartender there or any of the regulars will recognize a description of Rilla Wonder."

"I'd like to check out Flodal's scene while it's fresh", Ry replies.

04-24-06, 09:09 PM #341
Xaov

ooc: guys I'm sorry some RL stuff appeared on me as a result I'm going to have to be inactive for about weeks. I am terribly sorry.

04-24-06, 10:09 PM #342
El Jefe
LEW Judge

OoC: I have no problem NPCing Enialis for a bit. But Xaov, how many weeks are you going to be gone?

04-25-06, 03:03 AM #343
Salix

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jefe
OoC: I have no problem NPCing Enialis for a bit. But Xaov, how many weeks are you going to be gone?

OOC: On a similar note, I'll be out of computer contact from May 2-9 as I go visit my wife in Fairbanks, Alaska. I'm slowly letting my games know as the dates approach. Of course Ryland wil fokkow Devlin's instincts and try to provide support.

04-25-06, 11:00 PM #344
Dungannon

Devlin looks back and forth between his two companions. "Okay, gentlemen, here's the plan. Ryland, you go check out the area where Flodal was shot down. Enialis, you do the same where Furlong was found. I'll go check out St. Arnold's again. We'll meet back here before sundown to compare notes. Good luck, boys, I have a feeling we'll need it."

With that, Devlin makes sure his rapier is secured to his side and his armor is comfortably adjusted before heading out the door.

04-26-06, 01:18 AM #345
Salix

Quote:
Devlin looks back and forth between his two companions. "Okay, gentlemen, here's the plan. Ryland, you go check out the area where Flodal was shot down. Enialis, you do the same where Furlong was found. I'll go check out St. Arnold's again. We'll meet back here before sundown to compare notes. Good luck, boys, I have a feeling we'll need it."

With that, Devlin makes sure his rapier is secured to his side and his armor is comfortably adjusted before heading out the door.

Ryland gathers all of his gear together before heading out to check out the death scene of Flodal. "Happy hunting, and watch yer backs", he says before heading to the area of the murder. He'll grab some cold rations (sausage, cheese, and bread), and some more pipe weed along the way. May be in for a long day, don't want to risk running out, he thinks while purchasing enough tobacco to last a few weeks. At the scene he takes his time to search the scene. After that he will try to gather information from the locals to see if anyone heard or saw anything.

OOC I'll take 20 on both if I can. If not rolls are below.

rolls

Die roll for Ryland
1d20+1,1d20+3-> ([15, 1], [10, 3])

Search, gather info if I can't take 20

Search, gather info if I can't take 20 (1d20+1,1d20+3=[15, 1], [10, 3])

04-26-06, 04:10 AM #346
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Quote:
"I'll go check out St. Arnold's again. We'll meet back here before sundown to compare notes."

Devlin spent the noon hour strolling through the streets of Orussus. He went with Enialis for part of the way, since the most direct path he could think of to get to St. Arnold's took him down bridge street, not far from the scene of Archer's murder. Devlin couldn't help but notice how vibrant a city Orussus was...the streets were filled with all sorts of passers-by, and the shouts and sounds of heavy labor came from the harbor area.

In due time, Devlin found himself in front of St. Arnold's. It looked no less dingy than it did the previous evening.

04-26-06, 04:33 AM #347
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Quote:
Ryland gathers all of his gear together before heading out to check out the death scene of Flodal.

Ryland had to ask directions to the Flowing River, but it wasn't all that hard to find, nestled in curve of the Roars where it turned from west to north as it finally oozed into the sea, the restless energy of the bounding torrent that it was upstream quite spent in the shallow farmlands near Orussus. The Flowing River boasted "riverfront views" from the rooms in the back of the Inn.

Once there, Ryland inquired about the murder of the previous evening, and one of the men on the barstools volunteered to show the little gnome the spectacle. Apparently, the neighborhood in the vicinity of the Flowing River was in need of excitement, and Thursby's murder had provided a full year's supply. Ryland was taken to a spot not 40 paces north of the Inn's door, and told that he was at the very spot where Thursby's body was found, lying face down in the street near the gutter. Ryland examined the scene closely, but found nothing of interest. Apparently there wasn't much blood, or if there was it had been cleaned up. Then again, crossbow bolts to the back wouldn't be expected to leave much blood on a corpse that had lain face-down for less than a day...or night.

Ryland asked around the Inn about Thursby, and found that he was from out of town, had taken a room at the Flowing River (with no possessions left behind), and gave the impression that he was not a man to be trifled with. At least one of the patrons admitted that he feared the man, and was as much relieved as horrified to find that he'd come to a bad end.

04-26-06, 04:56 AM #348
Salix

Quote:
Ryland asked around the Inn about Thursby, and found that he was from out of town, had taken a room at the Flowing River (with no possessions left behind), and gave the impression that he was not a man to be trifled with. At least one of the patrons admitted that he feared the man, and was as much relieved as horrified to find that he'd come to a bad end.

Ryland will try to bribe the innkeeper to see if anything was "missed" when they looked for possessions in Thursby's room.

OOC: If they didn't forget to report a possession, he'll ask to look around the room.

04-26-06, 01:01 PM #349
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Quote:
Ryland will try to bribe the innkeeper to see if anything was "missed" when they looked for possessions in Thursby's room.

Ryland:
How big a bribe?

04-26-06, 02:55 PM #350
Salix

Quote:
Ryland:
How big a bribe?

El Jefe:
1 gold crown. He justs want to look at the items, not buy

04-26-06, 06:32 PM #351
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Quote:

The manager of the Flowing River glanced at the color of Ryland's money, and gave the little gnome the eye.

"Let me pour you a drink", he said, as he selected one of his better brandies, "since I don't have that much to tell you. I went with one of the Watchmen myself up to his room, when he asked to be let in. Young guy, all in shiny armor, but obviously he was in charge of things. Anyway, there wasn't anything there. I don't recall this Monemvassian guy had much in the way of travelling possessions anyway when he took his room, so I'm not surprised that he took everything with him when he stepped out to do whatever he was doing. Anyway, we looked the place over, and that was that. All my girl had to do was make the bed, and the room was ready for another guest. By the way, I've already let it out again, and I'd appreciate it if you kept that under your hat. A lot of people get spooked when they find out they're sleeping in a dead man's room." He paused, eyeing the brandy longingly for himself, but the innkeep had more sense than to drink himself silly while running the place.

"There was one other thing", he added, hunching down to look Ryland in the eye. "This Monemvassian fella always had a dagger out, playing with it, but like he was gonna use it on someone. I had half a mind to throw him out, he scared me and my customers half to death. Truth is, I don't know if there was just one dagger, or a set of 'em...he always seemed to put it up someplace and draw it again from someplace else...his hip, his cloak, under his hat...sneaky sort. Don't care to see anyone die, but I'm glad to see the last of him."

When Ryland asked for a description of the dagger (or daggers), the innkeeper described a blade that was identical to the one that had lain beside Archer's corpse, the one that Vagan had confiscated as evidence.

04-26-06, 09:19 PM #352
Dungannon

Devlin enters the ramshackle establishment and strides purposely to the bar. "Barkeep, a word please."

04-26-06, 11:33 PM #353
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Quote:
Devlin enters the ramshackle establishment and strides purposely to the bar. "Barkeep, a word please."

The proprietor glanced up at Devlin and snorted. "You again? What do ya want this time, and I hope there's some coin in it for me!"

04-26-06, 11:54 PM #354
Dungannon

Devlin stares at the bartender, hand on the hilt of his rapier. "I'm looking for a woman. She was supposed to meet a friend of mine here last night. My friend turned up dead."

Devlin continues, giving the bartender a description of Ms. Wonder and inquiring as to whether the bartender or any of the current patrons knows of her or Furlong Archer.

ooc: Gather Info check = 16

04-27-06, 04:56 AM #355
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Quote:
"I'm looking for a woman."

"Ain't we all."
Quote:
"She was supposed to meet a friend of mine here last night. My friend turned up dead."

"That's too bad."
Quote:
Devlin continues, giving the bartender a description of Ms. Wonder and inquiring as to whether the bartender or any of the current patrons knows of her or Furlong Archer.

The bartender answered, "No, Bud, I ain't seen her. Now, Furlong, I've heard of him, but I ain't seen him in weeks. Months even."

None of the other patrons know of a Miss Wonder or even a woman that matches all the description (although several know women who match one part or other of the description). As for Archer, most of the patrons who know him would prefer to never see him again, although not all of them are pleased to hear of his death.

04-27-06, 05:20 AM #356
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Be on the lookout...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Enialis, Devlin, and Ryland wandered through town in pursuit of their various goals, they each became aware of posters placed in prominent places. When each finally stopped to read one, they observed that it read as follows:

Two Murders - Might Be Related
Last night, local trouble-fixer Furlong Archer was following Flodal Thursby of Monemvassia when he was murdered. Mr. Thursby shortly met the same fate near the Flowing River Inn. Anyone with knowledge of these events is to bring it to the attention of the Orussus City Watch.

04-27-06, 06:58 AM #357
Salix

Ryland, sensing a dead end here, will head to meet Devlin and see if he can help out there.

ooc: Sorry I got confused with which window I was on. My other character is in dire straits.

04-27-06, 01:12 PM #358
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Quote:
Ryland, sensing a dead end here, will head to meet Devlin and see if he can help out there.

OoC: So Ryland is going to St. Arnold's? Or where?

04-27-06, 03:07 PM #359
Xaov

ooc: Just the remainder of this week and next week. When I said weeks I meant to say 2 weeks. Heh I am probably not going to have a whole lot of time to post today. Just a note: I just got access to a comp again hence why I am posting.

Enialis will browse around the area where Archer was found strewn out.

Enialis will carefully walk down the slope where archer was found careful to brace himself.

ooc: Judging by the fact its called the roars I would imagine that it has a pretty powerful current eh? and does the fence extend down towards the roars or is it just at the top of the slope?

Enialis will buy himself some ink, a pen/ quill pen, and a book of blank pages (preferably not considered a spellbook)
Enialis will then go around and ask questions about three topics:

1) If there is anyone known to spend a lot of time in or around the roars
2) Any odd or otherwise interesting events in the area
3) Any empty buildings in the area

if anything comes up on any of those topics Enialis will investigate.

1) Find and talk to the people who spend time at the roars. Ask them about any recent finds in the roars.
2) & 3) Investigate the aforementioned places, the people involved in the events, etc.

04-27-06, 07:39 PM #360
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Quote:
ooc: Just the remainder of this week and next week. When I said weeks I meant to say 2 weeks.

Ooc:
2 weeks is fine. When I didn't see a number beside "weeks", I panicked. I mean, it could be 2 weeks, or it could be 20...
Quote:
Enialis will carefully walk down the slope where archer was found careful to brace himself.

The slope was steep enough to tumble down if one had a head start, but only the infirm or careless risked a dunking in the Roars. Enialis inspected the area carefully, but found nothing unusual that couldn't be accounted for by a man tumbling dow to the rock near the water, followed by several others tramping around the area in the middle of the night.
Quote:
ooc: Judging by the fact its called the roars I would imagine that it has a pretty powerful current eh? and does the fence extend down towards the roars or is it just at the top of the slope?

Although the river was called the Roars, Enialis observed that it was fairly sluggish as it oozed through the city. It was well known among travelers that the current was far swifter as one travelled upstream.

The horseman examined the fence again. The owner had draped a cloth across the gap that Archer had made when he crashed through it the previous night, but that was easily circumvented. The fence extended from the house down Bush Street to Bridge Street, then turned the corner and ran a little ways along Bridge Street until it met the abutment of the last stone bridge over the Roars before it emptied into the sea.
Quote:
Enialis will buy himself some ink, a pen/ quill pen, and a book of blank pages (preferably not considered a spellbook)

Ooc: This will necessitate a side trip to the Street of Merchants area, about an hour and a half round trip to complete the errand. Let me know if you decide against this and can get to a computer.
Quote:
Enialis will then go around and ask questions about three topics:

1) If there is anyone known to spend a lot of time in or around the roars
2) Any odd or otherwise interesting events in the area
3) Any empty buildings in the area

if anything comes up on any of those topics Enialis will investigate.

Enialis made inquiries, and decided that apart from the vendors who had their shops on Bridge Street, that this was a quiet little neighborhood, possibly the last place one would suspect as the scene of a murder. As Bush Street was a dead end, there was very little traffic on it. Even in mid-day, it was empty except for a few children playing on it, and the usual traffic of a domestic neighborhood.

Of course the children played near the Roars, although their parents generally discouraged it. A few people occasionally fished from the bridge, but the Watch frowned upon that, especially during the parts of the day when traffic on the bridge was heavy. Also, there was some barge traffic on the Roars, but the swift nature of the river outside the city discouraged that as well. Certainly no unusual characters were found to be lurking by the waterfront, as most of the town's riff-raff tended to be drawn to the port several blocks downstream.

Aside from Archer's murder, as far as Enialis could determine, the most interesting event that had recently taken place in the neighborhood was when the Widow Meyers had worn a dress that was far too tight on a blustery day, and had torn it right down the seam while bending over to retrieve the parasol that had blown out of her hand. The children that had witnessed the unfortunate event were so traumatised that they collapsed in involuntary fits of laughter whenever they were forced to recall it.

There were no empty buildings in the immediate area. At one time the old city was full of empty buildings, but that was generations ago. Now, there were only piles of rubble that were steadily pilfered as the inhabitants continuously upgraded wooden structures into stone ones, a great supply of building materials being so handy.

El Jefe

First Post
#361​
04-27-06, 08:23 PM
Dungannon

Devlin drops a Crown on the bar, "Thanks anyway." Nodding to the patrons, he heads back out into the streets, at a loss for what to do next. When he sees the notice he growls in disgust and makes his way back to the Tower Inn.
#362​
04-27-06, 10:16 PM
Xaov

ooc: eh nevermind about the side trip then. Besides it appears nothing of interest came up anyways. Though it might have been nice to see that woman's dress bust....... Anyone know her charisma score?

hmm Enialis thinks to himself. Not a single thing that could relate to the murder anywhere...
Why were Mrs. Wonder and Furlong here? What could've brought them to this part of town?

Why would Archer allow himself to be led to this area?

Enialis takes one more shot asking the few people that are around about noticing an incredibly attractive woman or a violent looking man within the last couple of days

He'll also ask about any local alchemists he could possibly talk to.
#363​
04-27-06, 11:51 PM
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Xaov said:
ooc: Though it might have been nice to see that woman's dress bust....... Anyone know her charisma score?
Ooc: Trust me, there was a reason that woman's dress split. There was a lot of fabric in that thing, just not enough...
Xaov said:
Enialis takes one more shot asking the few people that are around about noticing an incredibly attractive woman or a violent looking man within the last couple of days

He'll also ask about any local alchemists he could possibly talk to.

Enialis was told that of all people, some will appear somewhat attractive or unsavory. But nobody he spoke to could recall a clear standout in either of those categories in the last few days.

As for an alchemist, he was once more directed to the Street of Mechants in the southwest corner of the city.
#364​
04-28-06, 04:32 AM
Xaov

hmmm Perhaps a trip to the Street of Merchants would be in order after all. Enialis says to himself.

Enialis will pick up the aforementioned supplies and go and talk to one of the more prominent alchemists in the area.

He'll ask about the substance found on the dagger. Not knowing exactly what it was made of or felt like. He'll describe it as best as he can.

While he is on the street (after picking up his supplies) he'll ask about any strange events in the area. keeping a mark of them in his journal.

#365​
04-28-06, 09:13 AM
Salix

El Jefe said:
OoC: So Ryland is going to St. Arnold's? Or where?
St. Arnold's If he doesn't meet up with Devlin he'll aks some questions of his own.
#366​
04-28-06, 01:15 PM
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Xaov said:
Enialis will pick up the aforementioned supplies and go and talk to one of the more prominent alchemists in the area.

He'll ask about the substance found on the dagger. Not knowing exactly what it was made of or felt like. He'll describe it as best as he can.
Enialis found some ink, a pen, and a book of blank leaves intended as a journal for 16 crowns. No self-respecting wizard would have ever scribed a spell in such a thing, but as it was half the size and weight of a wizard's spellbook, it suited Enialis's purposes well.

After a brief search, Enialis found himself in the presence of one S. Boortman, Apothecary, just like the sign outside said. The substance on the knife seemed like it had to be poison, it made little sense that it would be anything else. Mr. Boortman said he couldn't be sure without examining the substance, but judging from the horseman's description, his best guess would be Wyvern poison...rare, deadly, very expensive and highly illegal in most of the civilized world (lawless cities such as Lathirn and Rivenblight notwithstanding).
Xaov said:
While he is on the street (after picking up his supplies) he'll ask about any strange events in the area. keeping a mark of them in his journal.
There are no shortage of strange tales to be heard, but none of them strike Enialis as being both recent enough and likely to have anything to do with either Archer's or Thursby's demise to be worth committing to parchment.

#367​
04-28-06, 01:17 PM
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Salix said:
St. Arnold's If he doesn't meet up with Devlin he'll aks some questions of his own.
For the second time in less than 24 hours, Ryland found himself in the seedy tavern. Devlin was nowhere to be found, apparently having concluded his business here (or else being so delayed that he hadn't arrived).

"What'll ya have, short stuff?", croaked the bartender.

#368​
04-28-06, 11:28 PM
Dungannon

Devlin decides on a detour while making his way back to the inn. Quickening his stride, he heads off to Archer's office.

#369​
04-29-06, 02:48 AM
El Jefe
LEW Judge

[sblock=Devlin: ]
Dungannon said:
Devlin decides on a detour while making his way back to the inn. Quickening his stride, he heads off to Archer's office.

The weather had warmed up a little at midday, but the unseasonably cool snap resumed in the afternoon. Devlin felt like the solution to his woes was on the edge of his mind, like the object of a dream that disappears as the sleeper wakes.

He ascended the steps to Archer's, well, the former Archer's business. He was not surprised to find the door unlocked, after all, Eppy had told him she planned on being in to take care of things. However, he was surprised to find an older woman, dressed all in black, sitting on a chair beside Eppy's desk.

"Go away, we're closed", the woman demanded. Eppy quickly intervened.

"Oh, Mrs. Archer, this is one of the three young men I was telling you about, the ones that were learning Mr. Archer's business."

"So the vultures gather to pick over the remains already", snorted the older woman in disgust. Devlin expressed some confusion, not knowing what he had done to draw the widow's ire.

"Don't tell me that you don't know anything about the reward", she spoke, the skepticism evident in her voice.

"No, Mrs. Archer, they've only been working a few days, and I never heard it mentioned to them. Unless Mr. Archer told them in private."

A reward? Devlin had to admit, among other things, he was intrigued.

"Come with me", the dark matron commanded, and strolled into what was previously Archer's private office. "Close the door", she ordered once inside.

Once Devlin had taken his place opposite her, she began. "Furlong put a provision in his will. He called it his 'safeguard'. It was supposed to protect him. If anyone murdered him in secret, he promised two thousand crowns to whoever brought the killer to justice. When I found out about that, I was furious. I thought he'd ruined me forever...that if he ever got killed, I'd be left penniless. If I'd have known how much he would leave me...well, let's just say he's a better husband dead than he was when he was alive. So, there it is. Go find out who did this and take your money. Unless you had something to do with this, in which case I'll wear my finest to your hanging."[/sblock]

#370​
04-29-06, 04:00 AM
Dungannon

[sblock=El Jefe: ]Devlin listens to the widow's speech, intrigued by the story. Once she finishes, the rogue answers. "I assure you, Mrs. Archer, I knew nothing about the reward before now. Nor did I have anything to do with his passing. We are trying to find out all we can about what happened to your husband, we don't intend to let his killer get away with it." Devlin pauses for a moment, then continues with a small smile on his face, "Besides, this business of his seems too good to let it fade away."

Once he's done with the widow he leaves the office to have a word with Eppy. "Miss Perrin, I hope you can help us out here. Have you ever seen Miss Wonder in here before? Or Flodal Thursby? We couldn't find anything in the files, but admittedly we aren't familiar with your filing system. Also, are you familiar with an officer of the City Watch named Vagan?"[/sblock]

#371​
04-29-06, 04:52 AM
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Courtesy of Western Union

Dungannon said:
"We are trying to find out all we can about what happened to your husband, we don't intend to let his killer get away with it."
The widow looked him over, her skepticism melting ever so slightly. "You do, do you?", she answered. "Well, I suppose I can let you and your friends use this place until you find the responsible party, Mr.?"

"Magruder", the rogue-cum-investigator replied, "Devlin Magruder"

"Ida Archer", the widow answered in turn. "But don't be taking advantage of my generosity, I'm not softheaded." The lady excused herself, and left Devlin alone in Archer's former office.
Dungannon said:
Once he's done with the widow he leaves the office to have a word with Eppy. "Miss Perrin, I hope you can help us out here. Have you ever seen Miss Wonder in here before? Or Flodal Thursby?
Eppy shook her head. "Yesterday was the first and only time I've seen 'Miss Wonder', if that's her real name. While you were in there with Mrs. Archer, an errand boy came to bring me this. He said it was from a 'Miss Wonder'. Oh, and I've never seen a 'Mr. Thursby' in here, I think I'd remember that." Eppy handed Devlin a folded note which read, "For the associates of Mr. Furlong Archer". He opened it and read.[sblock=Note: ]Gentlemen:

I have left the Tower Inn for my own safety and am now staying at the Coronet Inn on Bainlund Street. I am registered under the name of "Miss Lebot". Please come as soon as you can, for I fear I am in great danger.[/sblock]
Devlin refolded the note.
Dungannon said:
Also, are you familiar with an officer of the City Watch named Vagan?"
"Officer Vagan? Oh, sure. He and Mr. Archer knew each other real well. Kinda young for a Watch Officer, but he works real hard at it. Might even have a watch post to himself in a couple of years, ya know?"

Eppy leaned forward on her desk, closer to Devlin. "So, whaddaya think of Mrs. Archer?", she asked. "She's a real rich widow, now. Gonna make some guy a nice catch, if you know what I mean. You think you might be interested?"[/sblock]

#372​
04-29-06, 01:36 PM
Dungannon

[sblock=El Jefe: ]
Eppy said:
So, whaddaya think of Mrs. Archer? She's a real rich widow, now. Gonna make some guy a nice catch, if you know what I mean. You think you might be interested?
Devlin smiles at the girl, "Nah, I think I'll pass on that one. Now you, on the other hand, may be able to make an honest man of me." After a little shameless flirting he pockets the note and heads out of the office.

Should I go get the others, or head to the Coronet Inn by myself? he thinks to himself as he walks the streets of Orussus.[/sblock]

#373​
04-29-06, 02:59 PM
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Mr. Magruder!

Dungannon said:
"Now you, on the other hand, may be able to make an honest man of me."
"Oh, Mr. Magruder!", Eppy replied in mock indignation. Turning thoughtful, she continued: "You might be right about Mrs. Archer, though. I think she might have had something to do with what happened to Mr. Archer. After all, she did make a lot of money because of it."
Dungannon said:
After a little shameless flirting he pockets the note and heads out of the office.

Should I go get the others, or head to the Coronet Inn by myself? he thinks to himself as he walks the streets of Orussus.
[sblock=OoC: ]And that is a decision that only you can make.[/sblock][/sblock]

#374​
04-30-06, 08:21 AM
Salix

El Jefe said:
For the second time in less than 24 hours, Ryland found himself in the seedy tavern. Devlin was nowhere to be found, apparently having concluded his business here (or else being so delayed that he hadn't arrived).

"What'll ya have, short stuff?", croaked the bartender.

"I'll have a shot of information", he says to the bartender, sliding a gold crown towards the man. "Tell me what you know about Rilla Wonder, Flodal Thursby, or Furlong Archer. Did they come in here the night Archer got murdered?"

#375​
04-30-06, 01:55 PM
Dungannon

Devlin continues his stroll, organizing his thoughts in his head. Suddenly he looks up and around and realizes where he is. Bainlund Street, guess my mind made itself up without telling the rest of me again. The rogue shrugs his shoulders and walks on to the Coronet Inn. I need to pay better attention to my surroundings, or I may find myself ending up like Furlong.

#376​
04-30-06, 05:04 PM
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Salix said:
"I'll have a shot of information", he says to the bartender, sliding a gold crown towards the man. "Tell me what you know about Rilla Wonder, Flodal Thursby, or Furlong Archer. Did they come in here the night Archer got murdered?"
The man slid the coin the rest of the way across the bar and into his purse. "Well, by the Underworld, you already know the answer to that question", he began. "Weren't you in here with your taller buddy yourself yesterday? Archer never came in last night after you left, if that's what you mean. And I never heard of the other two." He paused, and smiled. "Care to give me another crown so I can tell you something else you already know? I know some good bedtime stories for little kids!", he laughed mockingly.

#377​
04-30-06, 05:09 PM
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Room Service?

Dungannon said:
The rogue shrugs his shoulders and walks on to the Coronet Inn.
A tipped wooden crown signaled the presence of the Coronet Inn, which was only slightly below the standards of the Tower. Devlin presented himself to the innkeeper, who asked what he could do for the rogue, and offered food, drink, and a room for the discerning customer.[/sblock]

#378​
04-30-06, 06:34 PM
Salix

El Jefe said:
The man slid the coin the rest of the way across the bar and into his purse. "Well, by the Underworld, you already know the answer to that question", he began. "Weren't you in here with your taller buddy yourself yesterday? Archer never came in last night after you left, if that's what you mean. And I never heard of the other two." He paused, and smiled. "Care to give me another crown so I can tell you something else you already know? I know some good bedtime stories for little kids!", he laughed mockingly.
"Keep that crown for when you do have something to tell me. Keep your eyes open and you might earn more where that came from. How much do you make in a day? Do you really think you can afford to bite the hand that feeds you ?", the gnome says, shooting the knave a penetrating look. If the bartender has nothing of value to add, he'll head back to meeting place to regroup.

OOC: El Jefe:Just wanted to remind you that I'll be out of town and internet communication from May 2-9. NPC Ryland as you need.

#379​
04-30-06, 06:54 PM
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Salix said:
"Keep that crown for when you do have something to tell me. Keep your eyes open and you might earn more where that came from. How much do you make in a day? Do you really think you can afford to bite the hand that feeds you ?",
"Hey, no reason to get all upset", the bartender protested. "You got more questions, I got more answers", he continued.
Salix said:
If the bartender has nothing of value to add, he'll head back to meeting place to regroup.
Ooc: I presume that means you'll be heading back to the Tower, right?
Salix said:
OOC: El Jefe:Just wanted to remind you that I'll be out of town and internet communication from May 2-9. NPC Ryland as you need.
OoC: No problem, got it covered.

#380​
04-30-06, 07:17 PM
Salix

OOC: Back to the Tower. Probably my last post since I have alot to do at both work and the house before my trip.

#381​
04-30-06, 07:25 PM
Dungannon

[sblock=El Jefe: ]Devlin makes his way to the bar and orders an ale, looking around the room on the off chance Rilla is in here. After he's served he thanks the bartender before adding, "I hope it's as good as I've heard. This place came highly recommended by a friend of mine. Maybe you know her." He then gives a description of Ms. Wonder.

ooc: Diplomacy check = 13, Gather Info check = 26[/sblock]

#382​
04-30-06, 10:55 PM
El Jefe
LEW Judge

I can take him!

[sblock=Ryland: ]Quote:
OOC: Back to the Tower.

Ryland made his way back to the Tower Inn, arriving at mid-afternoon. He found the expected collection of well-off travellers...merchant's, mostly from the looks of them...relaxing by the hearth of the well-appointed common room. One of them seemed out of place: a short, baby-faced man, almost slight enough to be taken for a half-elf, who appeared to be sizing up everyone in the room, including Ryland.[/sblock]

#383​
04-30-06, 11:07 PM
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Thank Heaven For Little Girls

[sblock=Dungannon: ]Quote:
Devlin makes his way to the bar and orders an ale, looking around the room on the off chance Rilla is in here.

"That'll be half a shield, sir", quoted the bartender. Rilla was nowhere to be seen, although a few other patrons could be seen whiling away the time.
Quote:
"This place came highly recommended by a friend of mine. Maybe you know her." He then gives a description of Ms. Wonder.

The bartender seemed reserved; one didn't maintain a steady customer base by blabbing far and wide what one heard from those whose tongues were loosened by liquor. Still, he allowed, "There are lots of pretty ladies who stop by here every now and then. I'm sure there's been one or two who would meet that description who've been by here in the last week or so." Beyond that, the man refused to divulge specifics.[/sblock]

#384​
05-03-06, 03:53 AM
Dungannon

[sblock=El Jefe: ]Devlin thanks the bartender and finishes his drink. He then leaves the bar and makes his way to the front desk. "Good day to you, sir. I'm here to see Miss Lebot, please. She's expecting me. My name is Mr. Magruder."[/sblock]

#385​
05-03-06, 12:07 PM
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Miss Lebot, I presume?

[sblock=Devlin: ]Quote:
"Good day to you, sir. I'm here to see Miss Lebot, please. She's expecting me. My name is Mr. Magruder."

"Right this way, sir", answered the innkeeper, and led Devlin to a room upstairs. He knocked at the door, and announced, "A gentleman to see you, Miss Lebot."

The door opened to reveal Miss Wonder dressed in a striped dressing gown. Obviously, she had no plans for leaving her room quickly, dressed as she was. "Please come in", she implored, and closed the door behind Devlin.

"Will the other two be coming?", she asked, obviously referring to Enialis and Ryland. "It's all right if they don't, but I need all the help I can get." She hung her head. "That story I told you yesterday was just a story", she blurted out all at once.[/sblock]

#386​
05-03-06, 06:46 PM
Dungannon

[sblock=El Jefe: ]Devlin watches the troubled woman, "My associates are otherwise engaged at the moment, why don't we sit down and you can tell me exactly what's going on."[/sblock]

#387​
05-03-06, 08:33 PM
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Regrets, I've had a few

"My associates are otherwise engaged at the moment, why don't we sit down and you can tell me exactly what's going on."

The woman nodded and sat down in a chair by a window. She was nervous, and had a hard time keeping her eyes upon Devlin, preferring to study the exquisite pattern of wood grain in the floor.

"It's all my fault", she choked out. "If I hadn't asked him to protect me from that awful man, he might still be alive."[/sblock]

#388​
05-03-06, 10:56 PM
Dungannon

[sblock=El Jefe: ]"Go on," Devlin urges, thinking he may just be on the verge of something.[/sblock]

#389​
05-04-06, 03:07 AM
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Walking the floor over you

"Go on"

"What more is there to say?", she said bitterly as she rose from her seat. The woman began to pace nervously around the room. "I told you all he was dangerous, but I didn't say enough for him to understand. I don't know what happened, I just know how it all turned out. I should have warned him more. I didn't even tell you all my real name...I was so afraid that none of you would help me. Now they probably think that I had something to do with it all, when I did...I could have told him to be careful, it was all my fault. I need your help, Mr. Magruder...I can't bear to face this. Won't you help me?" Her eyes finally met the rogue's, filled with sorrow and fright.[/sblock]

#390​
05-04-06, 11:18 PM
Dungannon

[sblock=El Jefe: ]Devlin approaches the woman, taking her hands in his. "I'd like to help you, miss. But in order for me, us, to be of assistance I'll need to know a few details from last night. Did you ever meet Mr. Archer, and if so, where? And, if you don't mind, what is your real name?"

ooc: Diplomacy check = 13, ugh. Hopefully she doesn't present too high a challenge.[/sblock]

#391​
Yesterday, 12:21 AM
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Hello, it's me

"Did you ever meet Mr. Archer, and if so, where? And, if you don't mind, what is your real name?"

The woman's head dropped as she shook it, whispering the single word, "No". A moment later, she continued, "I didn't." She drew a couple of breaths, and her hands wrung together as she lifted her gaze to meet Devlin's. Finding her voice again, she explained, "I'm...I'm Brigit Oshally. Oh, I'm so afraid. Have you told the authorities anything about me? If they were to mix me up with Flodal...oh, I couldn't bear to think what they might ask."[/sblock]

#392​
Yesterday, 03:30 AM
Dungannon

[sblock=El Jefe: ]Devlin escorts Brigit back to the chair and sits her down. "Do you know for sure that Flodal is the one who killed Archer? And how do you know Flodal anyway, really? It isn't through your sister, is it?"[/sblock]

#393​
Yesterday, 04:15 AM
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Won't nobody help me?

"Do you know for sure that Flodal is the one who killed Archer? And how do you know Flodal anyway, really? It isn't through your sister, is it?"

Trembling, she spoke: "I'm not sure that I know anything anymore. And I'm not sure what happened last night." Her gaze met his once again. "He first came to Monemvassia as bodyguard to a gambler who had to leave Orussus. I had to hire him - only that sort could have helped me - he's been here a week and probably killed Mr. Archer...Flodal was always heavily armed and carried an extra dagger in his clothing."

She got up and started pacing again. "Oh, I'm so alone and so afraid. I can't tell you now, I will later when I can. You've got to trust me, Mr. Magruder. I've got nobody to help me if you won't help me. Be generous, Mr. Magruder. You're brave. You're strong. You can spare me some of the courage and strength, surely. Help me, Mr. Magruder. I need help so badly. I've no right to ask you, I know I haven't, but I do ask you. Help me." [/sblock]

#394​
Yesterday, 04:26 AM
Dungannon

[sblock=El Jefe: ]Devlin tries to coax a little more out of her, "Why, Brigit? Why would Flodal want to kill Archer? I know it's a difficult time for you, but if I'm going to help you I need information."

ooc: probably should've mentioned this earlier, but Devlin is Sensing Motive on Brigit. Sense Motive = 21[/sblock]

#395​
Yesterday, 04:55 AM
El Jefe
LEW Judge

Be Generous, Mr. Magruder

"Why, Brigit? Why would Flodal want to kill Archer?"

Brigit seemed distraught. "Oh, how would I know that?", she fretted. "Flodal had plenty of enemies, maybe he thought Mr. Archer was one of them."
Quote:
ooc: probably should've mentioned this earlier, but Devlin is Sensing Motive on Brigit.

Ooc: Devlin thinks that Brigit is holding something back, possibly something over and above what she says she is holding back.[/sblock]

#396​
Today, 02:06 AM
Dungannon

[sblock=El Jefe: ]Devlin senses that he's not going to get much more out of Brigit without giving something in return. "I'll help you, Brigit, as much as I can. What is it you want me to do?"[/sblock]

#397​
Today, 03:23 AM
El Jefe
LEW Judge

I have always depended on the kindness of strangers

"I'll help you, Brigit, as much as I can. What is it you want me to do?"

Still shaking, Brigit answered: "I've no right to ask you this. But I must. I can't get mixed up with Flodal...with what he's done. I'm afraid of the authorities here. Do they have to know about me, I mean - can't you shield me so that I won't have to answer their questions? I need someone to look out for my interests...find out what happened to Flodal...I mean, do you think they killed each other? That's silly, isn't it? Oh, I just don't know." [/sblock]

#398​
Today, 05:42 AM
Dungannon

[sblock=El Jefe: ]Devlin smiles, "The authorities are looking for Rilla Wonder, not Brigit Oshally. And I highly doubt Furlong killed Flodal, seeing as Flodal was killed hours after Mr. Archer. Now, I have one question for you, and I need you to answer it truthfully, Brigit. It's very important if I'm going to be effective. Why did you really want to meet with Furlong Archer?"

ooc: Devlin is still sensing motive.[/sblock]

Last edited:

El Jefe

First Post
Well, if memory serves, that last post should bring us back to May 6, which means we're almost current. I recall that I had one more response to Dungannon, which I think I can recreate even without Google.

I'll try to fill in some of the other pages tomorrow, and maybe clean this up a bit. And chase down info for my characters in other games. Sigh.

El Jefe

First Post
We're Baaack!

[sblock=OoC, for all: ]I think I'm all caught up with everything for now. I've done as complete a restoration of this thread as is practical. I do plan on going back and cleaning up the format on some things (restoring sblocks is first priority), but that can wait for now.[/sblock][sblock=Devlin: ]
Dungannon said:
"The authorities are looking for Rilla Wonder, not Brigit Oshally."
Brigit was notably relieved. Her shoulders slumping, she gratefully replied, "Thank you, Mr. Magruder. You don't know how much that means to me."
Dungannon said:
"Now, I have one question for you, and I need you to answer it truthfully, Brigit...Why did you really want to meet with Furlong Archer?"
Her brow furrowed again. "But I told you, Mr. Magruder. I was afraid of Flodal. I needed Mr. Archer's help...anybody's help."
Dungannon said:
ooc: Devlin is still sensing motive.
Ooc: Devlin still feels that Miss Oshally is witholding something.[/sblock]

El Jefe

First Post
So I waited, and waited, and waited, and...

Dungannon said:
"Brigit, did you see Flodal at all last night?"
The girl shook her head. "No. When Mr. Archer didn't come, I thought something terrible must have happened. I went back to the Inn and left as soon as I could. I didn't know what to do, so I came here. When I heard what happened to Mr. Archer, I sent that note hoping someone would help me. You must believe me, Mr. Magruder, you're my only chance!" Her eyes sought his, pleading, looking for an anchor in her hour of need.[/sblock]

Salix

First Post
EL JEFE said:
Ryland made his way back to the Tower Inn, arriving at mid-afternoon. He found the expected collection of well-off travellers...merchant's, mostly from the looks of them...relaxing by the hearth of the well-appointed common room. One of them seemed out of place: a short, baby-faced man, almost slight enough to be taken for a half-elf, who appeared to be sizing up everyone in the room, including Ryland.
Ryland buys a drink for himself and walks up to the young man. He asks, "You look like you could use a drink son, can I buy you one? Ryland's the name."

OOC sorry for the delay in posting, I had to figure out where I was in the story.

Xaov

First Post
hmm if I remember correctly I had just finished finding out as much as I could about our case from the people around where Furlong was found dead. I think I had then moved to the street of merchants to talk to the alchemist and found out it was Wyvern Poison, very expensive. Enialis will head into the slums and ask around there. Asking if any of the people had seen Flodal or Rilla at any time. As well as finding out about possible enemies.

If nothing turns up he'll go to where Flodal was found dead and ask similar questions.

El Jefe

First Post
Your mother was a hamster...

[sblock=Ryland: ]
Salix said:
"You look like you could use a drink son, can I buy you one?"
The man looked down at Ryland with disdain. "I don't need anything from you, Shorty", he spat, "Shove off!"
Salix said:
OOC sorry for the delay in posting, I had to figure out where I was in the story.
Ooc: No problem, it's not every day the whole universe gets tossed in a blender and then pulled out whole again![/sblock]

Remove ads