• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Stuff of Dreams (Orsal Judging)

El Jefe

First Post
Xaov said:
Do you have some place to check my equipment inside?
"No", the first guard answered with a grin, "but you can donate your weaponry to the library operating fund if you like." His counterpart opined, "Reminds me of that group we had in here last week...3 or 4 of them, armed like they was gonna invade the place." He added sarcastically, "Poor adventurers had to take their toys back to Mommy while they came to play in the library."
Xaov said:
If the answer is no he'll ride back to his home and drop off his equipment then ride back.
Grumbling as he rode, Enialis made the journey home and back, dropping off anything more offensive than a butter knife along the way. Upon returning to the edifice, he was grudgingly admitted, and began his search for information.[sblock=Enialis: ]It took several hours of wrangling with the library staff, and searching all sorts of tomes (some of which were written in languages Enialis wasn't familiar with), but eventually the horseman learned a few facts about wyvern poison: It was produced naturally by Wyverns, and extracted from a gland near the tip of the beast's tail. Since Wyverns rarely cooperated in the extraction process, the substance could only be obtained at great peril and thus commanded a high price, if it could be had at all. The stuff, surprisingly, was harmless so long as there were no open breaks in one's skin. However, if inserted into a wound, no matter how slight, the effects were immediate and often fatal. Several organs were attacked at once, including the heart, with the full effects of the poison made manifest within a minute or two of injection. If the victim survived, a full recovery was possible, but often took weeks to accomplish.[/sblock]

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin and Ryland spend the next several minutes relaying their stories to each other.

"Well, it's pretty apparent to me that Flodal killed Furlong. I'm still not sure why, though. And we have no idea who killed Flodal. Or what Brigit has to do with all this. That woman isn't telling us everything, of that I am sure."

El Jefe

First Post
Did you hear about...?

[sblock=Devlin, Ryland: ]Not long after they began talking, both Ryland and Devlin became aware that they were drawing attention. The murders were the talk of the town, and several of the travellers who were resting their bones at the Inn noticed that the pair seemed to have some inside information on the event. No one had approached them yet to start asking questions, but it seemed only a matter of time until someone did.

The ill-mannered man who had insulted Ryland listened for a bit, then quickly climbed the staircase to the private rooms.[/sblock]

Salix

First Post
"Let's wait for Enialis and see what he turns up. Hope it's better than what I found out. Another Ale?", the gnome replies.

Xaov

First Post
Having found as much as he felt he could at the moment he decided to head back to the tower inn to see if Devlin and Ryland were finished.

As Enialis enters he sees his friends sitting there.

Sorry if I kept you waiting. Its unfortunate to say, but I didn't really find too much around where Furlong was killed, I even stopped by to check flodal's murder scene. I only found one potential lead. I remembered what we had found on the dagger at furlongs murder scene. I went and talked to a local alchemist. He told me that from the description I gave him the substance sounded like Wyvern poison a very rare, very expensive poision. I believe that whomever killed Archer was planning it ahead of time. From my reasearch I found that its taken from really any Wyvern but, as you can imagine the wyverns don't willingly let a person take it hence the rarity and the cost.

The poison itself is incredibly harmful however, it is only harmful if it enters the body hence applying it to the dagger. Once the poison enters the blood stream it is only a matter of time, roughly 2 minutes, that the poison's full effect is felt. It attacks all the organs simultaneously.

Unfortunately I didn't have a sample of it to show the alchemist, so all this information could be null and void. However if this truly was Wyvern poison. We know that the murder was planned, it was done by someone whom was willing to spend top dollar to kill off archer, and it didn't happen to far away from where we found him.

I think a wise move to take would be to talk to a local ranger or beastmaster to locate where colonies of Wyverns are. Perhaps then at least one of us could spend the night around the nearest colony or hire a ranger to see if anyone stops/or has stopped there recently. How about you guys? You find anything that might be useful?

Salix

First Post
Xaov said:
I think a wise move to take would be to talk to a local ranger or beastmaster to locate where colonies of Wyverns are. Perhaps then at least one of us could spend the night around the nearest colony or hire a ranger to see if anyone stops/or has stopped there recently. How about you guys? You find anything that might be useful?[/COLOR]

I think our money and time might be better spent here where the trail is still hot. Maybe we can ask around to see if anyone has purchased the poisen lately.

Xaov

First Post
I considered that, but if you truly think about it, that type of poison would only have use in killing someone. As a result the sellers are most likely not going to just brazenly give out information as to whom might buy it. However thats just my opinion.

Salix

First Post
Xaov said:
I considered that, but if you truly think about it, that type of poison would only have use in killing someone. As a result the sellers are most likely not going to just brazenly give out information as to whom might buy it. However thats just my opinion.
" I find a little bit of gold seems to loosen lips", replied the gnome. "Nonetheless we need another break on this case, What do you think,Devlin?"

Remove ads