• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Stuff of Dreams (Orsal Judging)

Dungannon

First Post
ooc: The plates & glasses get tossed with the food & drink. I'm assuming this happens after they leave but before Brigit comes rushing back.

Devlin smiles at the young lady. "Brigit, my dear, if you're truly innocent then you have nothing to fear. But if you're guilty of being involved with any of the murders then not even I can protect you. Do you have a room you can stay in while we see what's happening?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Traitors, Traitors, Everywhere

Brigit quietly sobs into Devlin's chest, "Oh you know I could never do such a thing, but Jobe will do anything to get out of trouble, and Kamdar is so persuasive, if anybody can turn me into a scapegoat it's those two!" She looks around hastily, the scuffle downstairs has quieted down. "I don't have a room, I just want to leave this horrid city... but they do. Right there." She points, indicating the room where Devlin and Ryland were poisoned earlier.

[sblock=OOC: ]Your assumptions about the time frames is correct, Dungannon.

To set the scene... the upper floor of the Tower Inn is one long hallway with doors on both sides, each directly across from each other. Kamdar's room is the 5th on the right, after coming up the stairs, and our adventurers' room is the 2nd on the left. The stairs at the beginning of the hall turn at a 90o angle, so simply looking down them is impossible. At the other end of the hall is a tall window with a small potted plant in front of it.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Salix

First Post
Ryland looks at Devlin. By the roll of his eyes he makes it clear that he thinks Devlin might be a victim of thinking with the wrong appendage. "Decision time, laddie", he says, hoping the young thief will lead him in the right direction as usual.

OOC: Sorry I was away for awhile on a short vacation. We have to be getting close, so let's push on.

Salix

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
OOC: It wasn't explicitly stated, but I think we were waiting for your return. Glad to have you back, now let's finish this!
OOC: Great! Thanks for finishing this one.

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin quickly returns to his room and grabs the orb. He hands it to Brigit while pointing to Fatwon's room. "Wait in there while we go see what's going on downstairs."

Once she's in the room, he turns to Ryland. "Shall we go see what we've wrought, my friend?" he quips with a smile.

Salix

First Post
Dungannon said:
Devlin quickly returns to his room and grabs the orb. He hands it to Brigit while pointing to Fatwon's room. "Wait in there while we go see what's going on downstairs."

Once she's in the room, he turns to Ryland. "Shall we go see what we've wrought, my friend?" he quips with a smile.

Ryland seems somewhat hesitant to follow Devlin's suggestion for the first time in thier partnership. He jerks a thumb towards Fatwon's room, "I'm not sure we should leave her alone without a chaperone... but if you want I'll trust your judgement."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Brigit protests as Devlin guides her firmly back to Fatwon's. "Oh, oh, Mr. Magruder, don't leave me in there with this cursed thing, please let's just run, oh I'm finished, I'm finished!" Devlin and Ryland leave her wringing her hands in the room. She calls softly as they leave, "Mr. Magruder, don't let them take me! Flodal left me for dead, don't you do it too!" Deaf to her appeals, Devlin closes the door behind him.

[sblock=OOC: ]If Devlin wants to respond to her, go ahead. I'll assume he doesn't or that he quietly assures her of his loyal intentions while backing out of the room. Also...

[sblock=Spot check DC: 20]Brigit's eyes are darting around the room, but they return to the window often for a long linger.[/sblock]
[sblock=Devlin: ]It's clear to Devlin that Brigit is trying to play him for a lovesick fool. But Devlin, rogue that he is, is no fool.[/sblock]
[sblock=Ryland: ]The little gnome is surprised at Brigit's genuine affection for Ryland's human companion. Could it be that she really does love and trust Devlin? Ryland has her pinned as a liar and a thief, but even thieves can feel emotions...[/sblock][/sblock]

Taking a deep breath to steady their nerves, the dynamic duo heads downstairs. They turn the corner and are greeted with the sight of a mussed up Jobe, a panting and red faced Kamdar, three guards of the Watch, and Captain Vagan. Brimbor and Kamdar are bound at the wrists, and the guards are very much in control of the situation. The several patrons of the Inn stare unabashedly at the scene unfolding at the foot of the stairs.

Vagan looks up at Devlin and Ryland and does not smile. Kamdar and Jobe glare at the adventurers but remain silent. He commands, "You two. With me." He turns his back to everybody and walks to a secluded corner of the common room, away from the stairs and the stares and the crooks. He addresses the two men coldly, not giving anything away just yet. "Talk to me."

Last edited:

Salix

First Post
Ryland begins to open his mouth, then remembers the last time spoke in a frank manner to Vagan, Ahh...better to let old silver tongue set the tone.

Dungannon

First Post
ooc: Spot check = 26.

Devlin calmly ignores Brigit's protests with nothing more than a mild "It'll be all right, my dear."

On the way downstairs, he turns to Ryland. "Think she'll stay put? Nah, me either."

Once downstairs and in the presence of Vagan, the rogue straightens up and addresses the Captain. "Well, as you can see we arranged for the culprits to be easily apprehended. From what we've gathered, the now-deceased Flodal Thursby killed Furlong Archer over some business deal gone bad. Those two, along with their little friend you already have in custody, had Flodal killed over a seperate yet possibly connected business arrangement. They are also responsible for the murder of the captain of the Flying Lion. It appears they were after some artifact that, in the end, turned out to be a forgery." He looks for any sort of reaction from Vagan.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads