• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Stuff of Dreams (Orsal Judging)

El Jefe

First Post
[sblock=Rae Ardgaoth: ]So, you've got Brigit all alone in Fatwon's room with the orb? And Fatwon and Brimbor are in custody waiting to be transported to detention, and Vagan is in private conference with our heroes? I'm just looking for a non-awkward way to pick this back up, but want to make sure that the handover goes smoothly and leads to a satisfying conclusion.

Oh, and I have to hand it to you...a masterful job of taking the party through one of the end climaxes of the adventure. Very well done![/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
I'll hand this back to El Jefe now. Thanks guys, it was fun!
[Sblock=El Jefe]That's right. It's all yours again. I had Vagan listen at the door for a while so he knows a lot. Also, he doesn't like the "Thursby is Archer's killer" idea because Archer was supposed to be tailing him and he got caught completely by surprise it seems. Of course, do as you see fit! Thanks and good luck. [/sblock]

Salix

First Post
OOC: Thanks a lot guys. Both GMs have done a great job! :D

Ryland looks at his partner, his eyebrow arching slightly. Not like Devlin to be so forthcoming He waits with his partner for Vagan's response.

El Jefe

First Post
Dungannon said:
"Well, as you can see we arranged for the culprits to be easily apprehended. From what we've gathered, the now-deceased Flodal Thursby killed Furlong Archer over some business deal gone bad. Those two, along with their little friend you already have in custody, had Flodal killed over a seperate yet possibly connected business arrangement. They are also responsible for the murder of the captain of the Flying Lion. It appears they were after some artifact that, in the end, turned out to be a forgery." He looks for any sort of reaction from Vagan.
The young officer scowled. "I hope you're not planning on continuing Archer's business. Either you're in this yourselves, or you're not nearly as good as he was." He continued after the sting of his rebuke washed over the adventurers. "You want to try to get your story straight now? You expect me to believe that Furlong Archer was warned about this thug, was hired by someone to protect them against this guy, and still got taken by surprise? That's not the Furlong Archer who crossed wits with me on a dozen occasions, taking a cub patrolman to school each time. As for the other two killings, we have a confession from the stupid one for the Thursby killing, and no doubt we'll have one soon for the murder of the captain. So, can you prove who really killed Archer, or do you want to spend a long time in a little room thinking about it?"

Salix

First Post
El Jefe said:
The young officer scowled. "I hope you're not planning on continuing Archer's business. Either you're in this yourselves, or you're not nearly as good as he was." He continued after the sting of his rebuke washed over the adventurers. "You want to try to get your story straight now? You expect me to believe that Furlong Archer was warned about this thug, was hired by someone to protect them against this guy, and still got taken by surprise? That's not the Furlong Archer who crossed wits with me on a dozen occasions, taking a cub patrolman to school each time. As for the other two killings, we have a confession from the stupid one for the Thursby killing, and no doubt we'll have one soon for the murder of the captain. So, can you prove who really killed Archer, or do you want to spend a long time in a little room thinking about it?"

"We,er.. I believe that there is another likely suspect, but when we questioned them using a little magical persuasion they denied being involved in the murder. Either they have tremendous willpower and are lying, or they are indeed innocent. Nonetheless, there is a distinct lack of evidence linking them, or anyone else to the murder", Ryland says, then glances nervously at his partner, as if his words might have the effect of upsetting him.

OOC: Sorry for the delay. Site wouldn't let me on last night.

El Jefe

First Post
Salix said:
"We,er.. I believe that there is another likely suspect, but when we questioned them using a little magical persuasion they denied being involved in the murder. Either they have tremendous willpower and are lying, or they are indeed innocent. Nonetheless, there is a distinct lack of evidence linking them, or anyone else to the murder"
Vagan's visage was as of stone, albeit stone with the merest trace of a smile curling up at the corners of his lips. "So, you have another suspect", he ventured. "And who might this suspect be?"

Salix

First Post
El Jefe said:
Vagan's visage was as of stone, albeit stone with the merest trace of a smile curling up at the corners of his lips. "So, you have another suspect", he ventured. "And who might this suspect be?"
Ryland looks at Devlin and shrugs,"As I said, when queried under magical influence, this person denied everyhting. Revealing their identity would ruin our reputation for discretion", Ryland's tone implies a wink/wink nudge/nudge.

Dungannon

First Post
Devlin looks from Ryland to Vagan. "You know, sir, you may find some additional information if you check out Mr. Fatwon's room upstairs. There's no telling what they may have left behind. If you like, Ryland and I could check it out for you."

Remove ads