• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Sudden Approach of Unexplainable Power: OOC

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Assuming that it reads with exactly the same flavor as Psionic Body from the XPH - just substitute "draconic" for "psionic" - I don't see any reason to disallow it. Just note what it does on your character sheet. I don't think it'd be overly fair to allow the same feat to work for psionic casters and not for sorcerers.

unleashed

First Post
Yep, the feat reads exactly the same when you substitute draconic for psionic...except Draconic Toughness has prerequisites. ;)

Here's the flavour text: Your draconic nature reinforces your body as you embrace your heritage.

unleashed

First Post
Okay posted Aekalos, he's complete unless I add a familiar...now about a familiar. ;) I'm thinking perhaps he should find that in play too, though I'm not too sure how to approach that for a normal animal right now. Of course, that means I'll have to take the Obtain Familiar later on when entering a PrC, if I want to allow the familiar to continue progressing...not to mention Improved Familiar if I want something more unusual. :lol:

Nonlethal Force

First Post
unleashed said:
Okay posted Aekalos, he's complete unless I add a familiar...now about a familiar. ;) I'm thinking perhaps he should find that in play too, though I'm not too sure how to approach that for a normal animal right now. Of course, that means I'll have to take the Obtain Familiar later on when entering a PrC, if I want to allow the familiar to continue progressing...not to mention Improved Familiar if I want something more unusual. :lol:
Each viable options ... assuming you want a familiar in the first place. Unless you take Obtain Familiar, it will be most likely for just RP purposes and of little other value.

I skimmed over Aekalos briefly and it looks good. I'll crunch his numbers here in an hour or so. But, before I get to that I'll work on the Intro post. I'll link to it here, although I'd imagine you could find it on your own!

unleashed

First Post
Well I'd find it eventually, though a link is always welcome as I won't be looking for it immediately...I'm off to bed. ;)

As for the familiar, I think I'll leave it for now and see how things go.

Bront

The man with the probe
*Pokes his head in*

Sorry, saw NLF running something, had to read (I'm way to busy for more, don't worry).

On the Drakantos thing, I think that the life expectancy could be a bit of a problem particularly if they are "compatable" with humans, as the description would seem to suggest. Perhaps if they simply lived 25% longer (easy to calculate, not far enough off to matter), and matured at about the same ages from child hood it might make more sense.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Here's the link: The Sudden Approach of Unexplainable Power - IC

Oh, and I should say that I am very liberal with the term "wyrm." I do not adhere to strict D&D use of wyrm as an age classification. Thus, wyrm can imply a dragon of any age - although typically it does usually mean a good sized dragon and not a piddly little small medium, or even large one. However, to call a medium dragon a "wyrm" would not be out of context - just so you know.

also, the first post has a good bit of "narrative" in it. Don't think that I'll be writing that way through the whole story. I just took a bit of creative license at the beginning to set the stage and make it feel like a story. With only one player, this should be able to read fairly easily w/o too many interruptions (because there is no worry about what the other players want to do!) But rest assured ... I'll post much like Clutches of Evil after the first.

Nonlethal Force

First Post
Bront said:
*Pokes his head in*

Hey, the peanut gallery has arrived! No, seriously. Welcome. Read through if you'd like.

Bront said:
Sorry, saw NLF running something, had to read (I'm way to busy for more, don't worry).

That's good, cause it's a solo adventure! :p

Bront said:
On the Drakantos thing, I think that the life expectancy could be a bit of a problem particularly if they are "compatable" with humans, as the description would seem to suggest. Perhaps if they simply lived 25% longer (easy to calculate, not far enough off to matter), and matured at about the same ages from child hood it might make more sense.

Yeah, it was your comment originally way back when you were creating Kitrina that made me originally question that concept. It works well in life to have the Drakontos virtually indistinguishable from a human. But in order to have much of the human population truly ignorant about the fact htat there are dragon/human mixes living among them the age has to be similar - especially if the person themselves don't know they are Drakontos. It may sound odd but even run of the mill "life" things like puberty, periods, dropping of the male voice, etc ... would clue in anyone if they lived considerably longer. So I wanted to try it out.

The other thing I was thinking about doing is making it more like a dragon where they might reach adulthood just as quickly, but their dragon blood allows them to stay adults for a considerably longer period of time.

That's part of why I wanted to try out the homebrew stuff online as well as in a FtF game. The more these things get spun out at questioned the more plausable they'll be.

Bront

The man with the probe
the 25% life expectancy thing is fairly good (and not that noticable, so they turn older at 50 instead of 40, some people age differently), and just add a year to maturation (again, hardly noticable), and you're probably good.

Remove ads