D&D 5E The Swamp 5e pbp game [IC]

"I would like to point out that Rose's disappearance and the raids may be unrelated. As Eilessa mentioned lizardfolk normally do not take captives and when they do it is more than just one girl." Kaiden scratches his beard. "But let us speak with the mayor and see if we can gather some more information on the disappearance and these raids."

Kaiden puts action to words turning and heading towards the mayor's mansion.

RadarMonk

Explorer
As you approach the Mayor's manor house. Two guards, a man and a woman, step forward. "The mayor is not accepting visitors at this time, and all scheduled appointments have been postponed. If you would like to deliver a message to the mayor then you can leave that with us," they say and step back in front of the door.

Shayuri

First Post
"All right," Eilessa says brightly. "Our message is, 'we're going to find and bring back your daughter. To do so we need to speak to you.'"

She beams at the two guards. "Will that take a minute to deliver, or a week? We're concerned she may not have much time."

RadarMonk

Explorer
"Your message will be delivered immediately, how long it takes depends on the mayor's mood. He is unpredictable as of late," says one guard. The other guard interjects, "If it concerns his daughter it may not take long though."

Kaiden keeps his mouth shut in hopes that his frustration at the hoops that those with wealth and power made others jump through. When the message is given he walks a small distance from the door and crouches in the shade of a tree to wait. As he settles in he speaks to his companions.

"Let's hope the mayor decides to grant us audience. If not it will make helping the man and this town more difficult."

He sighs as he speaks this letting some of his frustration out.

Shayuri

First Post
Eilessa shrugs easily. "I can't imagine he wouldn't. And if he doesn't well, we'll just have to find the girl without his help. I'm sure we're up to the task."

She gives Kaiden a smile and reaches over to clap his shoulder.

ccs

41st lv DM
Kaiden keeps his mouth shut in hopes that his frustration at the hoops that those with wealth and power made others jump through. When the message is given he walks a small distance from the door and crouches in the shade of a tree to wait. As he settles in he speaks to his companions.

"Let's hope the mayor decides to grant us audience. If not it will make helping the man and this town more difficult."

He sighs as he speaks this letting some of his frustration out.

Bree comes over & sits down against the tree next to Kaiden.
"Don't worry, he will. This is just how these things always begin."

Rummages in her bag for a moment.... Pulls out a pair of turkey(?) drumsticks, prestidigitates away the glitter that's stuck to them....
"Want a drumstick while we wait?" offering one to Kaiden.

Sitting on her shoulder Scales sticks his head forward & makes a purring sound.
Bree looks at him: "Why? You're not even real." ..... "Well OK, if he doesn't want it."

Kaiden smiles at Bree and waves of the offer of food.

"Thank you for the offer but let Scales have it. And I know this is how these things begin. It just frustrates me when others go against their best interest. I know he'll see us but the delay could cost his daughter her life."

Kaiden gives a smile to his friends. As he sits he absentmindedly draws in the dirt.

Remove ads