• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Tarrasque miniature project.

tgreen

First Post
Looks like you guys are really onto something with this whole rancor conversion bit. Over here we've been working on a quite different approach for the last half year. I'll put this up in the hopes that none of my players find it before it's big unveiling when it tries to eat them. We run a very miniature heavy D&D campaign and this is an actual game piece scaled to be in line with Warhammer/reaper/D&D minis. This is not a conversion but rather a scratch built tarrasque which began life as a coat hanger, as you can see in one of the pics though the source pics that it is based from are the same as the ones some of you are ussing. I did the primary elements of the armature here but nearly everything else is the work of my Fiancee, the going consensus in my neck of the woods is that she should be doing this stuff professionaly.

anyways here are the pics and a small running comentary.
http://www.geocities.com/maugan22/BigT/BigTpics.html

If anyone knows how to make a production mold out of something this ornate and... dare I say it... horny, please let me know. It seems a shame for her to have gone to all this work for only a single model.

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Well, it's been a long time but I'm curious. Any progress? Can we see another photo?

Last year's pictures looked great. The project is very ambitious, but I think you can do it. :)

frankthedm

First Post
My project is on hold due to lack of space, If i build it, I have no where for it to be placed.

ttmphornsetex0.jpg

ttmpshellbodytailgh2.jpg

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
Second that Remark!!!

Now that I think of it I second that. They have a gargantuan and colossal dragon as D&D iconics upcoming, but what colossal is more iconic than Big T? Why the Colossal Red and not Big T, generally if you're not picky about color you can find a toy dragon about the right size a lot cheaper, but the T deserves some miniature action for once.

Behemalisk

First Post
Now that I think of it I second that. They have a gargantuan and colossal dragon as D&D iconics upcoming, but what colossal is more iconic than Big T? Why the Colossal Red and not Big T, generally if you're not picky about color you can find a toy dragon about the right size a lot cheaper, but the T deserves some miniature action for once.

I agree completely.

Remove ads