The Temple of Elemental Evil (Recruiting Alternates Only)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
WarShrike said:
I'd be intrested in playing a straight rogue, if theres none already. I had to roll 2 times, first roll i got 2 13s as highest.

I may be willing to accept a 6th player, but right now we have a rogue plus a spellthief, so another roguish type wouldn't help much.

WarShrike

First Post
That would be fine, but only if OnlytheStrong wants to change classes. I dont want to steal anyone's prefered class. I could also take the arcane path, as it seems the party is lacking in that department.

WarShrike

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
We are also lacking it the track/hunt/survive in the wilderness part ;) . But don't mind me, I'm just ranting :D .

Blackrat

There's one thing I don't understand. I read the doc you attached about religions and I don't quite get what does the weapon&armor restrictions mean. So from the Pelor entry: "WP any bludgeoning; AR cloth, leather, chain". Does this mean I can't use bludgeoning weapons, which sound odd since Pelor's weapon is mace, or does it mean I can't use any but bludgeoning weapons, which sounds pretty odd since the only bludgeoning ranged weapon is sling, and dagger is the most usefull backup weapon for any class. Same with the armor. As I read that, I think it means I can only use those listed, which I have not so much problem with but I would like to know what is the reasoning behind this, since even the iconic cleric of Pelor, Jozan wears a scale-mail and later on a breastplate. If you could just give me the reasons behind these decisions, thanks ;) .

WarShrike

First Post
WP = Weapon Proficiency, as in: You are knowledgeable about and can use... Any Bludgeoning weapon and any Cloth, Leather, and Chain armor. Greyhawk is an old world, goverened mostly by 1st edition rules (the only edition i ever played it in too). Clerics of Pelor were Plate restricted because they werent meant to be battle clerics from a religious standpoint. In exchange for the armor sacrifice, they got better healing appoximately equivalent of the Augment Healing feat. And as for weapons, before 3E, clerics couldn't use non blunt weapons because their ethos, or system of beliefs, basicly reviled the shedding of blood. Sure, blunt weapons cause bleeding too, but to a far lesser extent than a sword or a pike.

Hope this helps.

WarShrike

Blackrat

Most of that makes sense. All I'd now like to know from Airwalkrr is that was there any reason to keep those in the conversion. I'm not too bugged about the armor restriction but the weapon restrictions just seem odd. Well, I quess I need to modify the starting package by dropping items I can't use and taking it as money instead.

Remove ads