The Temple of Elemental Evil (Recruiting Alternates Only)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Blackrat said:
Okay. That's good. But is the weapon restriction also for ranged weapons? Can I use crossbow if need be?

The weapon restriction also applies to ranged weapon. So you would be limited to slings (or throwing clubs, or throwing hammers) for ranged weapons.

OnlytheStrong said:
Airwalkrr, can I just use what you wrote as a background?

Sure!

airwalkrr

Adventurer
mfrench said:
Is this game actually still recruiting, as the title indicates?

I'd be interested to join if you are taking one more player. I'd probably try to fulfill the primary arcane caster role.

I may be willing to take on one more. What is your concept?

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Name: OnlytheStrong
Race: Half-Lazy
Height: 6'2''
Weight: 240lbs

Str: 18 (14 + 4 racial mod)
Dex: 8 (16 - 8 racial mod)
Con: 18 (14 +4 racial mod)
Int: 12
Wis: 6 (14 - 8 racial mod)
Cha: 24 (12 +12 racial mod)

OnlytheStrong is fun as hell. If you can motivate him to move.

Last edited:

Bihlbo

Explorer
I'm also interested in joining this game, but it sounds like I'm just late enough that I'll be the first alternate.

My concept is a human savage bard who will probably have some barbarian levels. A follower of Procan, he's from a fairly nautical region (sorry I'm not that familiar with the world setting or I'd be more detailed here) that would support a barbarian-like culture. He left his home in hopes of seeing the world and living a life on the high seas, where he learned the magic of shanties and drinking songs. After being captured by far more bloodthirsty and "civilized" pirates than he and his crew, he's soured on the idea of living life as a master of the seas.

Maybe he was sold off to the bandits as a captive "recruit" or as a slave. Maybe he's just entered Hommlet because he heard of the troubles of the town.

Character sheet is posted in the rogues' gallery

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
OnlytheStrong said:
Name: OnlytheStrong
Race: Half-Lazy
Height: 6'2''
Weight: 240lbs

Str: 18 (14 + 4 racial mod)
Dex: 16
Con: 18 (14 +4 racial mod)
Int: 12
Wis: 6 (14 - 8 racial mod)
Cha: 24 (12 +12 racial mod)

OnlytheStrong is fun as hell. If you can motivate him to move.
If the issue is getting him to move, I'd give him a -8 mod to dex, too. ;)

mfrench

First Post
airwalkrr said:
I may be willing to take on one more. What is your concept?

I've had several arcane character ideas banging around in my head, waiting to get fleshed out. I should just present them all briefly, and see if any of them click with you.

1) A sorcerer who is a Wanderer from the Silent Ones in Keoland, seeking a dangerous lost artifact in the Temple area to recover for the order.
2) A wizard from the Baklunish West. I would either go Diviner or Conjurer; either way he's someone well educated and city-raised, taking his first foray out into the eastern world.
3) A warlock who has come to the area believing that his past is linked somehow to the ochre-robe wearing cultists who fled the area last time. (I've never been involved in a game with a warlock, I think it would be cool.) Has ties to the Rhenee (sp?), either by blood or they raised him after abandonment.

I have Unearthed Arcana, so I'm ready for those house rules. This would be my first PbP, so I'm wondering exactly what the expected quota is for posting: once a day? A few times a day?

How much would the training rules affect the Sorc or Warlock? If it was really tuff to pick up new invocations/spells, I would lean toward the Wizard.

For race, I am leaning toward Dwarf of Halfling, depending on class.

Last edited:

mfrench

First Post
Just in case, rolled stats for him: 14, 12, 12, 10, 10, 7.

And just to clear up my thinking, the confirmed characters are:
Human Cleric (unknown homeland)
Elf Duskblade (Furyondy)
Elf Scout (Celene)
Gnome Spellthief (Kron Hills)
W. Gnome Rogue (unknown)
Dwarf Fighter (Lort. Mtns)

And also:
Human Savage Bard (barb lands; 1st Alternate)

Remove ads