• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Test of Time

ender_wiggin

First Post
Milton follows wordlessly behind the procession. He had put away his weapons, but his curiosity at the situation could not be assuaged. He didn't feel particularly eager to torture or interrogate anyone, but he wanted to know where the dragon-man came from, and why he was called a spy.

Milton did not understand everything he saw -- he was still trying to integrate himself into normal society. But he now saw that the giant woman did not like the dragon-man. Perhaps this dislike was mutual? And perhaps it was more widespread?

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
The giantess replies to Shi-Torob, "The Family of the Diamond Throne welcomes you then if you would see the Diamond Throne protected." The giantess leads you down a street off the market and turns into the first alley, keeping off the main thuroughfare. There are very few people here and those you do pass seem to take no notice of you. While the cleanliness of the entire city is less evident here, most of you notice that it is much nicer than the alleys of other large cities.

You pass across another large street and the two men carrying the heavy dracha pause before crossing. In the next alley they stop at a large wooden door. The giantess reaches into one of her pockets and extracts a copper key. Sliding it into the lock, you here a click as tumblers turn. She opens the door into a simple room in the back of a two story building. The ground floor has been built of strong stone, with wood creating the second story.

The room beyond the door is lit by the light spilling in from the alley. Little illuminates the inside until the giantess enters and turns to light the lantern on the wall. Inside is a simple room with one other door on the far side, no windows, and a bare wooden floor. The only other feature to the room is a large wooden table and two chairs.

The two men enter the building with the dracha and drop him unceremoniously onto the floor in the corner. The dracha grunts, still unconscious from the wound but not bleeding. Those who followed are still standing outside in the alley as the giantess invites you all in.

Scotley

Hero
Rurrahr Litorian Unfettered

Rurrahr enters upon being invited. He wonders at the sort of organization that uses such back alley accommodations, but curiosity soon wins over apprehension and he finds a place in the room. He looks over the others who have joined this Giantess and considers the motivations that have brought such a diverse group together. He waits for something more to happen.

Eonthar

Explorer
Elrion Kyrik - Human Mage Blade

Elrion, having never been in this particular part of the city, adds it to his mental map of Navael. He enters the building, proceeds to the furthest corner from the door, and stands facing the entire room. What a strange bunch that we are gathered here he quietly muses.

Zoatebix

Working on it
Shi-Torob, Giant Champion of Death

Shi-Torob crosses the room and stands facing the table a few feet further from the door than K'trinaxes. Not aware of who else could understand his more private words with the giantess, and unsure of the impression his change in language had left, he decides that openess and honesty is far and above the best policy. After a moment of introspection, his cheer and good manners return. "How may I -" He glances around the room at the faces of the unsure and adventurous, "All of us, really - be of service to you, madam and sirs?"

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Soen Morrowsong - Faen Loresong Magister 1 (AC 12; Hp 8; Spells 3-0, 2-1st)

Will also enter the room when invited and seeing no one else claiming any of the chairs I will grab one and then sit down. Very curious as to what is really going on as things do seem to be a little off as this does not look to be an "official" building.

ender_wiggin

First Post
Milton Redhelm, Human Warmain 1

The armed man does a bad job of looking inconspicuous as he shuffles in behind the rest. He leans against the stone wall and doesn't say a word.

Erekose13

Explorer
As each of you enters the somewhat cramped room, one of the humans, the one named Drey, begins searching the dracha who is stil unconscious in the corner. Reaching into the dragon-man's pouch he pulls out a sheaf of papers bound buy a small dark leather cord. "I think this is what you are looking for Ou-Rathlin." He hands her the bound scrolls before returning to squat next to the prisoner.

The giantess takes the papers and snaps the leather cord unfurling the scrolls on the table in front of Soen and the rest. "Just as I thought, some kind of orders, definitely a spy." she spits un-lady like on the ground at the word before continuing, "We had received word from a friend in the city guard that a dracha had been spotted entering the city conspicuously. We had to deal with him before he had managed to accomplish his mission, whatever that was. What we need now is to get this translated."

Elrion and Rurrahr cannot read the scrolls from where they are but they both recognize the writting as
draconic
. Even Soen has little opportunity to study them as the giantess rolls the parchment back up and says, "For the safety of the Diamond Throne, I would like to ask each of you to join me as we get these translated. We must have to find out what this spy was upto. I think however that before we go any further that I would like to introduce myself and get your names, I am Ou Rathlin and my companions are Tellen and Drey and we are members of the Family of the Diamond Throne. The Family has been unofficially charged with protecting the empire from all manner of clandestin operations that would seek to de-stabalize it." She then waits to hear an introduction from each of you.

Eonthar

Explorer
Elrion Kyrik - Human Mage Blade

Elrion takes the initiative and introduces himself first. "I am Elrion Kyrik, graduate of Selar Thorn's Mage Blade Academy in Navael. It is an honor to meet you." He removes his hat while he smiles and bows.

His introduction now complete, Elrion goes back to the corner he was standing in, replaces his hat back on his head over his light brown hair, and awaits the next introduction. His piercing grey eyes scan the room.

Remove ads