The Test of Time

Erekose13

Explorer
Post-combat

Turning to Shi-Torob, the giantess addresses him, "I do not believe it is necessary to wait, we have dealt with this piece of trash. We should let the festivities resume as soon as possible."

As K'trinaxes approaches, Tellen and Drey pull back from the body, noticing the man's wine colored skin. The giantess turns quickly, "Yes you may heal him, though we must move him now, before this day is completely ruined. You and your.... companion?" she says looking once more to Shi-Torob questioningly, "May join us if you wish. What's that Tellen?"

"Well, mi'lady, several others rushed into the square baring weapons intent on aiding us." the smaller man answers. He is short and wearing a dull brown cloak and light short cropped hair. His weapons have been sheathed since the giantess split the dracha in twain.

"Right you are. Any others who value the safety and well being of the Diamond Throne are welcome to join the Family of the Diamond Throne as we investigate the extent of this spy's intelligence." the giantess says loudly, seeing that almost no commoners remain in the central part of the marketplace. A few poke heads around stalls and a child runs out, stops and stares for a moment, before darting back under the baker's stall. For the moment those in the square are for the most part alone with the trio and the dying.

Zoatebix

Working on it
Shi-Torob, Giant Champion of Death

At the mention of others, Shi-Torob glances about quickly, trying to meet as many gazes as he can. "Is anyone here versed in the healing arts? I admit they are not my forte, but I can lend a hand if you'll let me." He address both humans then the giantess, turning to each as he speaks. "Surely your investigation - the Family's investigation? - would benefit from a spy to interrogate? This one's time is not long. We need to do what we can before it is moved."

Do they have a higher authority, like my own? I think not. But still - I was charged to serve the Long Night and the Houses of the Eternal in these lands, the lands of my birth. If anything, they'll defend my right to stay. But it seems they're trying to avoid the law. I don't trust them...

Scotley

Hero
Rurrahr Litorian Unfettered

Rurrahr, overcome by curiosity steps forward. Something momentus is happening here, I should be on the inside. In a powerful voice and considerable formality he speaks, "I am Rurrahr Plainsrunner and I value the safety and well being of the Diamond Throne."

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Soen Morrowsong - Faen Loresong Magister 1 (AC 12; Hp 8; Spells 3-0, 2-1st)

Jumping down from my perch on top of the basket weavers stall I land behind him trying to attract his attention and yell out, "Boo!" Hopefully I do not scare him too much and get another stick swung at my head so I will try and leave his vicinity as soon as I can, chuckling all the way. I will walk over to the Giantess and announce myself, "Good afternoon dear lady, my name is Soen Morrowsong and having witnessed your prowess in combat and heard your invitation about joining you on your search for truth I would be interested to accompany you." Finally something exciting is going on as I was starting to get a little bored here with nothing to do. Also if this has anything to do with dragons I would be most interested as they do seem to wield considerable power which could be very advantageous for me.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
K'trinaxes kneels down beside the Dracha's nearly twain body. He sifts though the shuddering body and lays his hand upon the source of its lifeblood before intoning a prayer (1d10+1=8) in his native tongue, fortifying the innter mettle of the Dracha's spirit; giving it the strength to hold on. The strain of the healing is telling though, as K'trinaxes doubles over in pain when he has finished.

Recovering, he wipes his hands clean on the Dracha's clothing and says "That will have to suffice until more specialized healing can be made available."

He looks around at the others, his eyes finally resting upon the giantess. "You seem untrustworthy. If this is a spy, should he not be arrested as the law demands?" He frowns. "Still, who is it that does not follow thier own agenda, even when in service to another?" He nods, apparantly satisfied. "I bear neither the Dragons nor the Diamond Throne any ill will or special love. Come what may, Zalavat will remain Zalavat... still... if this is a job offer, I am short on coin and, if legend is to be believed, Giants are liable to be far more likely to part with coin than Dragons."

(OOC: cast Lesser Transfer Wounds; heals 8 to the Dracha; K'trinaxes takes 4 subdual... not enough to knock him out).

Eonthar

Explorer
Elrion Kyrik - Human Mage Blade

Elrion, having sheathed his weapons, also approaches the giantess. "I, Elrion Kyrik, also value the safety and well being of the Diamond Throne. I would be honored to offer whatever assistance I may in this investigation."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Thank you, Sir Verrik, we would indeed prefer to interrogate a live prisoner. Though if my suspisions are correct I believe that we may have need of all of your services. Come let's get out of this market." the giantess says.

The two humans have managed to lift the large dragon man and begin carrying him away from the market towards one of the buildings nearby. A passerby gawks openly, until the giantess fixes the man with a glare and he goes on his business pretending to have seen nothing.

Zoatebix

Working on it
Shi-Torob, Giant Champion of Death

Shi-Torob moves to follow the giantess and her companions. He's careful to take note of the others following as well, and stays near the Verrik as the group leaves the market. He speaks quietly to the wine-skinned man, "It was generous of you to use your magic to save the dragon-man. I was expecting bandages and herbs - the mundane." As he continues, his voice lowers further, "Thank you for your effort - death is too important to be meted out by fools."

As they walk, He drifts away again and addresses in his native tongue the two men and the woman leading the progression. "I value the ideal of the Diamond Throne, but I have taken issue and even quarreled with its representatives before. If you would still have me, knowing this, I would be honored to serve my Cause through protecting the Diamond Throne."

I think I'll use orange for Shi speaking in Common, brown for Giant, and green for Faen.

Eonthar

Explorer
Elrion Kyrik - Human Mage Blade

Elrion falls into line and quietly follows the others, wondering what he is getting himself into.

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Soen Morrowsong - Faen Loresong Magister 1 (AC 12; Hp 8; Spells 3-0, 2-1st)

Following along behind the giant I will make mental notes on who else is coming and try and deduce what their role in all of this might be.

Remove ads