• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Test of Time

Scotley

Hero
Rurrahr Litorian Unfettered

Rurrahr doesn't hesitate to speak up. He bows and speaks in a voice that is surprisingly clear and human sounding given his odd feline face. "I am Rurrahr Planesrunner, I thank you for this chance to serve the Diamond Throne." He gestures to the papers, "I believe that I can read those if you would like. I am educated in the Draconic language."

Zoatebix

Working on it
Shi-Torob, Giant Champion of Death 1

Shi-Torob stands pensively through the first of the introductions, perhaps taking it all in, or perhaps lost in his thoughts. His features suddenly brighten during a brief interval of silence, and he takes the opportunity to address everyone who's spoken so far.

"Ou Rathlin, Tellen, Drey... Elrion, Rurrahr, K'trinaxes, Milton. It's good to have names to go with the faces, figures, and actions I've seen today. I am Shi-Torob, scion of those who fought besides Mi-Theron and helped liberate the city that bears his name, and also of those who settled there. Like K'trinaxes I too am a servent to something larger, though my charge and cause is... perhaps more unyielding than iron."

Elocin

Lurker (sort of)
Soen Morrowsong - Faen Loresong Magister 1 (AC 12; Hp 8; Spells 3-0, 2-1st)

Thinking about the travels I need to do and some of the information I have received already on the Magister Council, Soen looks lost in thought.

I finally come back to the present as I feel several eyes staring at me. "I'm sorry, what? Did one of you ask me a question? Oh right, my apologies my name is Soen Morrowsong and I dabble in the arcane arts. I have been wandering the lands looking for information concerning the Magister's Council but this Dracha intrigues me and I would like to know more about the situation."

Zoatebix

Working on it
Shi-Torob, Giant Champion of Death 1

Lobo Lurker said:
"Like K'trinaxes I too am a servent to something larger, though my charge and cause is... perhaps more unyielding than iron." K'trinaxes scowls at this but says nothing.
Shi-Torob catches the Verrik's expression and says softly, "Trust me: it's far from a good thing."

Shi then turns his attention to the Faen. With a smile and a nod, he says, "A true pleasure, brother Soen!" With that, he unshoulders his backpack and looks at the members of the Family expectantly.

Erekose13

Explorer
The Orders

Ou-Rathlin nods to each of you in turn as you introduce yourselves. When Rurrahr mentions that he can help with translating the text, she lays the pages back down and invites you to have a look.

Both Elrion and Rurrahr can tell that the script is written in a style that neither of you knows, but the text is still legible with some effort. Each of the characters is written in a very stylized many with great flowing accentuations.

The documents read as orders and are as follows:
Rurrahr: [sblock]K’dare,

You are to go to the Field of the Sun, dig up the entrance to the Test of Time, and recover the crystal of foreboding.

There is an open patch of ground about 3 miles north and west of Navael. This location, according to ancient draconic lore, was once known as the Field of the Sun. From here, one can make out a shimmer on the horizon: the Crystal Fields, where the crystals of foreboding were created.

The entrance to the site you seek, called the Test of Time, has probably long since been buried. To find it, you must travel to the southern end of a ravine that runs northeast and southwest, located on the northern end of the field. There you must dig in a certain spot 730 paces directly west of the site where the distant visual effect of the Crystal Fields first becomes visible. The Test of Time was a draconic temple structure built in conjunction with a dragonstone.

Return the crystals to me as soon as possible.

~Taurinathryxes
[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Rurrahr Litorian Unfettered

Rurrahr gazes at the paper for a moment and then offers a rough translation. "That is what it reads, but I don't profess to understand the importance of it. It seems he is indeed some sort of agent on a mission to recover something very old. If you have paper I can write the translation in Giant script."

Remove ads