• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The troll art is up

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Rechan said:
The troll looked rather lean in the 3e MM and in the Paizo "Classic Monsters Revisited"; I think "lean" is part of it. :) I mean, they got LONG arms after all.
LOL, well... I didn't like those Trolls either :p Hehe. These fit more with my view of Trolls, they should be large, fat, lazy guys who eat as much as they can in the easiest way possible.

Sonny

Adventurer
These trolls, along with the angels are both monsters I'm glad they kept working on. The final versions are much better than the preview ones.

Thanks to 'all that is not laughable' that the have done away with the stupid, ridiculous, awful, un-cool, etc really long droopy noses that go over the mouth down to the chin. My pet hate of ALL monster art from DnD.
I like, the first one looks like the feral troll mini, but all good IMO

Xfer83

First Post
I really like these trolls for some reason. Definitely the right amount of trollyness. Seems fully capable of chilling out under bridges and also claw-claw-rend. The perfect blend.

VannATLC

First Post
Fallen Seraph said:
LOL, well... I didn't like those Trolls either :p Hehe. These fit more with my view of Trolls, they should be large, fat, lazy guys who eat as much as they can in the easiest way possible.

Like the LOTR Trolls?

Which, under what I consider to be common monster descriptions, currently, are Ogres?

Troll/Ogre and to some extent Orc have always been troublesome in generic terms.

HeavenShallBurn

First Post
They've finally drawn trolls as I've envisioned and described them for around 20 years. :)

On the other hand that I can say that is almost as bad as when the teenager commented on how good I was at SM3 and Old School video games and I suddenly realized I'd been playing those games longer than he'd been ALIVE.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads