• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Underdark Primeval [IC]

silentspace

First Post
Solli fiddles hovers over the fallen drow with his back towards the others, looting their corpses. He returns shortly with their gear wrapped in one of their cloaks, a new shortsword by his side.

Solli:
the shortsword is medium-sized. There is still the small loose stone behind the roper.

As you discuss whether to stay or go, a voice comes from the northern tunnel. "I know a safer place to camp."

A svirfneblin appears in the northern tunnel, dressed in loose clothing the color of the surrounding stone.

Ashy

First Post
Rune's eyes flash with emerald psionic energy and her stance stiffens somewhat, but otherwise, she says nothing...

deadestdai

First Post
Silently noting the Svirt's sudden appearance and making sure to keep the roper between himself and the newcomer, Solli does his best to search out the area behind the roper that is covered by the small stone as secretly as the situation allows.

GM:
Search +10, Sleight of Hand +10, Hide +18, Move Silently +13 - Skills that might be needed? Delete as appropriate!

Once his search is finished and pocketing his findings as slyly as possible, without missing a heartbeat, Solli starts to walk toward the newcomer, speaking in Heavily accented Gnomish. Tilli-lan do'rr bey lanwirr gan? Bel gara-dil holi'i vugpinirr don, raquinlli yas gan?

Gnomish:
How long have you been watching us man? You see our struggle and not aid us?

Erekose13

Explorer
Morph stays close to the group as he patches wounds, letting the others talk to this newcomer. As long as the sverfneblin does not appear threatening he will not interceed.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Dargo Golden, Half Deep Dragon Golden Dwarf (Fighter/Ranger)

Dargo watched with interest as Solli worked the drow guards over . . . or at least that's what Dargo assumed based on the amount of delay and noise. He was curious why someone who stated that dead bodies would attract trouble would drag the bodies closer to everyone else and the potential camp site.

Shaking his head, Dargo wasn't too greatly surprised that someone had wandered up on them - that was why he had asked for someone to set up a watch while they were gathering themselves. He knew they had made a lot of racket in their battle with the roper, more than enough to attract anyone interested in cleaning up the scraps.

Of interest, Dargo remembered the loose stone someone had discovered (did he find it, his mind was still in a post-cloaker daze) behind the throne. Dargo didn't really relish cutting up the roper to look for any treasure, if this one put it in a hole in the wall he was happy about that.

When Solli approached the gnome to talk, Dargo left him to it. No reason to draw too much attention to himself.

silentspace

First Post
"I am Rosvan, a scout. I saw the others pass and came to investigate. I heard the battle and just arrived. You are enemies of the illithid? You have come to put an end to them?"

He looks around nervously.

"You look like you could use some help. The illithids think they have killed us or driven us off, but we are hiding. Prince Marulas will be happy you have arrived. Come, I will bring you to him, to our hiding place."

Dargo easily slides out the stone panel. Inside he finds two potions and a small bag made of humanoid skin, filled with gems.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Denasa, female gloaming sorcerer and hairy spider familiar, Legs

"Ah... really? I'd like to have some proof that you are what you say you are, if you please. I'm just a little bit wound up from the fight and still a bit magic-happy and I'd hate to hate to burn you just because I was paranoid," Denasa says, her words a bit disjointed as she recovers from the battle.

silentspace

First Post
The svirfneblin looks a bit disjointed at Denasa's comment, then nods. "I understand, I'm not sure how to prove I'm a svirfneblin though. How about this?" His form shifts, taking on the look of a gloaming, an imperfect replica of Denasa.

Remove ads