• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Underdark Primeval [IC]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Dargo Golden

Dargo bowed somewhat stiffly and added, "I am Dargo Golden, Ranger for the city of Eartheart."

silentspace

First Post
Prince Marulas brightens considerably as he hears Rune introduce herself. "Illithid slayer? Travelling with a dwarven ranger, a sorcerous gloaming, a kuo-toa... Greetings! Welcome to my... town. Here, please, make yourself comfortable. "

He blushes as he and others clear out some space on the floor for you to sit. Marulas looks pained. His manner is not very polished, and you sense he never took his princely duties seriously. Seeing the battered state of the party, he sighs. Then, visibly pulling himself together, he forces a smile.

"It's not much, I'm afraid. The illithids have taken over our town, further down the tunnels. We have been trapped here, with no other way out. We don't know why they came, but they came in force. Many of our kin did not make it out, and I fear there is little hope for them. "

Hearing Rosvan's report, Prince Marulas continues.

"The roper and drow are slain? This is great news! We knew they were posted there, at a dead end in the caverns, but to what purpose we knew not. What of the new tunnel though? Does it lead to a way out?"

deadestdai

First Post
Solli rudely ignores the Prince's question and replies with his own. Which way to this town? We will need to leave soon if we are to catch those wretched squiddies unawares! "Squiddies" came out in a snarl and spittle spattered the cave floor at his feet. Solli's eyes seemed a little crazed.....

silentspace

First Post
Solli's rudeness seems not to register with Marulas. In fact, he seems quite delighted by the svirfneblin's response.

"There is only one way. We are in a dead end tunnel. At least, it used to be a dead end tunnel before that new extension was made. Continue on and you will reach my city. There are a few obstacles along the way though. There is a tunnel that is partly submerged, and a great fissure in the earth. The tunnel should be mostly uninhabited, though there are some sentries along the way, though not always the same ones or at the same places. The sentries we see most often are drow, duergar, troglodytes, trolls... and some svirfneblin." The Prince seems to have caught something in his throat. After a moment he continues. "There are also some creatures we are less familiar with - a few different types of construct and a strange winged demon-like creature."

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Dargo Golden, Half-Deep Dragon Golden Dwarf

Prince Marulas said:
"The roper and drow are slain? This is great news! We knew they were posted there, at a dead end in the caverns, but to what purpose we knew not. What of the new tunnel though? Does it lead to a way out?"
Dargo looked to the others, uncertain whether he should speak up or not. After a pause, Dargo replied to the deep gnome, "Indeed, there is a 'way out' from that area - for that is the way that we entered. I believe that we could guide you and your people to the relative safety of the new tunnels . . . ."

Dargo explained where the tunnels opened into, but left the offer hanging (as he was uncertain how to get through the doors, or if they would have to wait until they had cleared the names of his prisoners).

Ashy

First Post
Something begins to itch in the back of Rune's mind and she begins to wonder why the deep gnome prince is sitting out here, in the figurative 'middle of the road' instead of where he should be, in a city or guarded, or whatnot... Instantly, the trickery of the illithids come to mind and she keens her senses towards them, seeking to know if they are anywhere nearby...

OOC: illithid sense (sense illithid presence, but not location within 60 ft.)

Erekose13

Explorer
"Prince it is our task to find out where the illithid threat came from and to put an end to it. We would be glad to aid you in the recovery of your city as it would appear to be a means to our desired goal. I am always willing to help out those such as yourselves, who have been abused by those who think they are stronger." says Morph.

silentspace

First Post
Prince Marulas considers Dargo's words. "A dwarven tomb? Where you were attacked twice by strange creatures? Thank you, but that doesn't sound like the safest option right now. We are safe here for the time being, so we will stay."

Rune clears her mind and scans the area, finding no illithid presence.

Murmurs have been sweeping through the crowd of deep gnomes ever since Rune declared herself an illithid slayer. But at Morph's words, the svirfneblin start cheering openly, gathering around the group and offering them food and drink, and more blankets to lie on. A little gnome girl runs up to Morph and tugs on his cloak, asking him "Will you find mommy and daddy?"

Ashy

First Post
Rune smiles slightly at the cheers, and takes a small portion of the food and drink, thanking the deep gnomes profusely for their kindness and generosity.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads