The Underdark Primeval [IC]

Erekose13

Explorer
With the orders from Dargo, Morph leaps into action. He peaks around the corner and drops his biggest spell right on top of the troll, aiming a flame strike as best he can to take both opponents out right away.

silentspace

First Post
-- Surprise Round --

Solli concentrates, seeking to black out the trolls vision, but fails.

Vuoor charges up the rocky slope towards the troll

Dargo follows shortly behind the kuo-toa

Rogoth, unable to see his foes at this range, follows the forms of Vuoor and Dargo

Rune follows swiftly after, wielding her club in both hands.

Morph invokes the power of nature, and a column of fire falls slams down on the troll, avoiding the bugbear.

Denasa lets loose with two bolts of fire, singing the troll badly.

-- Round 1 --

Solli, hiding on the ceiling and within lethal striking range of the troll, fires two shots in rapid succession. Both darts sink deeply into the troll's neck,

The troll howls with rage, its eyes glowing red and its muscles seeming to swell, it charges down towards the onrushing fighters. Drawing its two-handed sword from his back, it swings at the first hero, the kuo-toa monitor.

Vuoor steps nimbly aside as the troll's blade crashes down onto the cavern floor, and leaps towards the giant with an elbow and a knee. His knee slams into the troll's thigh.

The bugbear follows the troll down the slope. He swings his morningstar at Vuoor, but misses.

Dargo closes the gap and takes a mighty swing at the troll, nearly severing it's arm.

As the troll howls in pain, [Rogoth] leaps forward and slices his axe into the troll's side, dropping it.

The bugbear , realizing there is no hope, drops his morning star and begs for mercy.

24 Solli
20 Troll: 41 lethal damage, 104 nonlethal damage, rendered unconscious
15 Vuoor
15 Bugbear
14 Dargo
11 Rogoth
8 Rune
7 Morph
3 Denasa

Troll saves against Solli's blindness
Troll fails save vs flame strike with a natural 1. It takes 20 points of fire damage and 14 points of divine (nonlethal) damage.
Denasa's scorching rays hit with a 25 and 27, dealing 13 and 8 damage.
Rune buffs with offensive precognition, offensive prescience, and biofeedback before charging
Dargo and Rune are NPCs for the time being
Solli's first dart: hits with a 26, and deals maximum damage 4+1+6, sneak attack damage 5+5+6
Solli's second dart: hits with a 26, and deals maximum damage 3+1+1, sneak attack damage 5+1+4
Troll regenerates 5, misses Vuoor with a natural 1
Vuoor misses with an 18, hits with a 26, dealing 6 damage
Dargo hits for 9+10+5 frost
Rogoth power attacks, hitting for 4+6+8

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Dargo Golden, Half Deep Dragon Rng/Ftr HP: 83 AC:19

"Information could save your life, bear," Dargo called out threateningly. Dargo looked to one of the others who may be better with their negotiation skills.

Dargo was pleased with the way the troll was dealt with. He looked to Denassa, and said, "Denassa, if you would finish the troll with fire please."

Erekose13

Explorer
Bull stands silently next to Morph as the battle is over in mere seconds. Morph remains off to the side while Dargo interrogates the bugbear, having no practical skill at such interactions.

G

Guest 11456

Vuoor Seakin : Kuo-Toa Monitor 5

Vuoor picks through the troll's equipment, while he eyes the bugbear.

silentspace

First Post
Denasa dispatches the troll with another two bolts of fire as Dargo interrogates the bugbear.

"Information? I tell you everything! I am not a thrall, I swear! I was, but no more! The flayers forgot me. There are just two, but they are smart, cunning. Many are not thralls, but our minds can be enslaved again, at any time."

"But you are from the dwarven realm, no? The flayers sent strange creatures that way, strange creatures they control, to steal some great treasure from the dwarves. You are the ones we have been warned about, who destroyed some of the flayer's creatures a couple days ago? Yes, you match the description. You won't get far, I don't think, they have been waiting for you. But maybe you will, if you can deal with the guards as easily as you dealt with the troll."

With the aid of a detect magic, Vuoor finds these items on the troll
- a finely made large sword (evocation)
- thick leather gloves with iron studs across its back (transmutation)

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Dargo Golden, Half Deep Dragon Rng/Ftr HP: 83 AC:19

Bugbear said:
"Information? I tell you everything! I am not a thrall, I swear! I was, but no more! The flayers forgot me. There are just two, but they are smart, cunning. Many are not thralls, but our minds can be enslaved again, at any time."

"But you are from the dwarven realm, no? The flayers sent strange creatures that way, strange creatures they control, to steal some great treasure from the dwarves. You are the ones we have been warned about, who destroyed some of the flayer's creatures a couple days ago? Yes, you match the description. You won't get far, I don't think, they have been waiting for you. But maybe you will, if you can deal with the guards as easily as you dealt with the troll."
"So you're not a thrall currently, but you can be enslaved again? How can we trust what you tell us then? What guards are expecting us, bear?" Dargo asked. Dargo kept his eyes open for betrayal, and his arms ready to swing in an instant, clenching and unclenching on his urgosh.

Erekose13

Explorer
When the bugbear mentions the flayers, Morph looks up from patting Bull on the side. He moves forward more to hear how Dargo's interrogation is going. "We'll need to konw the layout of the caverns in this area too." he adds to the barrage of questions Dargo has been throwing his way.

deadestdai

First Post
Solli spat on the flor at his feet when the bugbear mentioned the presence of the Illithids. He then turned his attention to his lookout duties and once sure that there were no dangers coming towards the group, made his way stealthily a little way further up the tunnel.

**Spot & Listen +10 then Hide +18 & Move Silent +13**

Split the Hoard

Split the Hoard
Negotiate, demand, or steal the loot you desire!

A competitive card game for 2-5 players
Remove ads