The Undiscovered Frontier (Finished!)

Shayuri

First Post
Hee...ooops then. Oh well. I'd drop the spell, but it's a standard action to do so...can't help Nerin and do it at the same time. Once he's stabilized, I'll drop it.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Hee...ooops then. Oh well. I'd drop the spell, but it's a standard action to do so...can't help Nerin and do it at the same time. Once he's stabilized, I'll drop it.

OOC: He is stabilized at 0 hit points. The other -8 hit points are non-lethal damage, so he is quite knocked out. I'll make the assumption you will drop the silence this round.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Once the small woman scampered out of the way Lealani raised the staff and sent more fire bursting from it. It didn't feel like it was in her nature to blindly destroy but she felt oddly protective of this group and something more primal was taking over.

OOC: I'm taking aim at the Red Robe, I'm not sure if the Blue is still 80 feet in the air? If not I'll try to hit as many of them as I can, obviously, without harming any of us.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: <gives Queenie the DM look-of-concern from across the gaming table> Actually, no. It would have been fantastic if all of you unloaded on the women when they were flying. But you blew their flyers out of the air and they are now in melee with your melee fighter. Arkos is the only one airborne, but is attacking one of the grounded women, so he is also close to the ground. If you let loose with a fireball, you will most likely strike all three women, but also each and every one of your party members, including yourself. Oh, and since we are at the gaming table, you also heard me tell Shayuri and Fenris that the women are also regenerating each round, so they will also likely quickly recover unless the blast takes out each of them. So bravo on realizing it's time for the big guns, though I personally would not choose a fireball.

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]I've really lost the thread of where we are in the combat. I've no idea who's turn it is, who's gone and who hasn't. DT, if you could clarify things a bit it would help.[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]Arkos Stoneborn
Initiative: +1
AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch) [14 w/ Barkskin]
AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 47 Current: 47
Fort: +7 Reflex: +2 Reflex: (Aerial) +4 Will: +8
Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

Attacks
Spear +8 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
Sling +4 (1d3 /crit. x2)
Bite (Predator) +12 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
Talon (Aerial) +11 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)
2 Tentacles (while in Predator) +10 (1d8+7) 10 ft. reach

Spells Prepared:
Spell Save: 14 +SL
3rd level: 2; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2)
2nd level: 3; barkskin, bull's strength, resist energy
1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink

Backpack: healer's kit (x2), sunrod (x2), thunderstone (x2), tanglefoot bag (x2), smoke stick(x2), bedroll, 2 wand CLW, all 20 pebbles of CSW & all 5 pebbles of Remove Disease. food and water.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: The only one whose turn it is right now is Lealani, Queenie's PC. She declared an intention to shoot a fireball at the women, but since they are currently in melee with you and Sarpot (and an unconscious Nerin), that would be a very bad idea. I am going to give her another day to change her action. If she does not, I will skip her turn and the three women will fight next. If she really, really wants to shoot a fireball into the midst of the party, I will let her however.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: Ekks! No, I definitely do not want to shoot a fireball into the middle of our party! I was thinking more of aiming it more off the map but admittedly looking back I don't know what is off the side of our map. I know we were somewhat up against the mountainside but I don't know if the other edges are open or not - the map is not defined as to what is mountain / open / closed. So, I would have aimed it (without counting specifically because my rules person is out grocery shopping ;) ) approximately F19 so the edge would hit the baddies and not us. That is now that M has moved and that spot is open. Am I making sense?

OOC: Part 2 Given, however, that our DM is suggesting that we don't use a fireball, it seems we need a different plan. Ignoring DM's isn't usually a good idea!! I don't really have big guns that aren't fireballs either, so I'm going to need a little time to formulate a new plan - this will probably take wits rather than firepower because if a fireball isn't going to do it, we're screwed. I'll get back in a little bit.

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: The mountain side is to the south, where the board does not continue. If Lealani wants to an attempt a DC 10 Intelligence check, I will rule that a success allows her to hit two of the women without singing the rest of the party by firing up and against the rocks. If she fails the check, I will rule that she miscalculates and some of the party will be in the effect.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: Okay I will try it. Only because I really don't know what else to do :blush:

edit. O.M. G. As my daughter would say!!

Remove ads