The Undiscovered Frontier (Finished!)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Nerin and Mellisande
[sblock]
You realize that their bodies look dented in places where they've taken severe wounds, but those dents straighten themselves out as the women battle with you. They are rapidly healing from the wounds being inflicted, though you are dealing more damage than is being healed so far.
[/sblock]

Nerin, Arkos and Sarpot are attacked once more by their respective opponents. The blue robed woman made a deadly attack on Arkos, which may have hit if she wasn't fighting blind. Likewise, the green-clothed woman would have had some success if a quick thinking Mellisande didn't momentarily stun her with a color spray spell.

Nerin on the other hand is savagely handled with a savage right uppercut from the red robed woman (-16 hit points to Nerin). He totters and looks to be about to fall when she catches him with an open-handed chop to his neck, completing his collapse into unconsciousness (-8 hit points of fatigue damage to Nerin).

OOC: I made an error in the dice rolling section. The blue robed woman attacked Arkos twice, not Nerin. Nerin was only attacked twice by the red robed woman. Sarpot and Lealani up. Nerin is out of the fight.

Init:
Nerin 21 (unconscious and at 0 hit points, -8 hp when counting fatigue damage)
Sarpot: 18
Lealani: 12
Arkos: 12
Mellisande: 10
Robed Women: 5

Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...hkey=CLDnwrIM&hl=en_US&authkey=CLDnwrIM#gid=0

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Lealani feels a stab inside her gut as Nerin crumples to the ground, covered in blood and bruises, unconscious. Although she is unsure of any reason why, he affects her more than the others.

As she reaches for the stave she used at the beginning of the fight to success, she gestures with her free hand and yells out, "Mellisande, move out of the way to safety!"

OOC: Lealani is holding her action until after Mellisande moves, which hopefully she does. I know she can't hear me, but Lealani doesn't know that ;)

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arkos sees Nerin fall and is filled with a sense of doom. His own fighting skills are not great and it was up to Nerin and Sarpot, and whatever spells the others could field, to take out the three women. And those women seem unnaturally resistant to their attacks...

Seeing little other option at the moment since the group has yet to take down even one of the women Arkos continues his attack.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Arkos Stoneborn
Initiative: +1
AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch) [14 w/ Barkskin]
AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 47 Current: 47
Fort: +7 Reflex: +2 Reflex: (Aerial) +4 Will: +8
Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

Attacks
Spear +8 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
Sling +4 (1d3 /crit. x2)
Bite (Predator) +12 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
Talon (Aerial) +11 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)
2 Tentacles (while in Predator) +10 (1d8+7) 10 ft. reach

Spells Prepared:
Spell Save: 14 +SL
3rd level: 2; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2)
2nd level: 3; barkskin, bull's strength, resist energy
1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink

Backpack: healer's kit (x2), sunrod (x2), thunderstone (x2), tanglefoot bag (x2), smoke stick(x2), bedroll, 2 wand CLW, all 20 pebbles of CSW & all 5 pebbles of Remove Disease. food and water.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Mellisande cheers silently as her spell succeeds on one of the hags, but her jubilation is short lived as Nerin falls and Lealani starts mouthing fruitlessly and waving her hands. The gnomelet pauses, forehead creased in a perplexed look...

Then she remembers that staff. Staff. Big flaming explosions. Hands moving sideways.

Oh RIGHT!

So she scampers over to help Nerin, even if that releases the witches from silence.

(OOC - Hopefully she can reach Nerin without plunging the other party spellcasters into silence. If not, I may have to rethink this action. :) Anyway, I'll try to stabilize the fella.)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Arkos tears once more into the blue-robed woman, who is beginning to look a bit worse for wear. Sarpot's attack hits with such force that he can feel the tearing of something harder than bone rip underneath the green-robed woman's flesh.

Mellisande realizes that she cannot get to Nerin without effecting the spellcasters. She is going to have to either move away or drop the effect altogether.

OOC: Mellisande and Lealani still have actions this round.

Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...hkey=CLDnwrIM&hl=en_US&authkey=CLDnwrIM#gid=0

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: I'm still going to wait to see where M moves. I'm not going to blast here even though I'm pretty sure she can get out of the way :) I think she wants to move to Nerin but I want to confirm since you didn't post it.

Shayuri

First Post
(yarg, sorry for the delay there...weekends are always a little hairy as I expend my free time in a 2 day blitzathon :))

Mellisande weighed her options, and went to help Nerin! It might inconvenience spellcasters, but hopefully they'd notice the silence coming as she got near, and would know they could just move out of the area to speak again.

And if not, she'd remove the spell in a second...after she'd saved a companion's life.

(ie - action previously posted holds...hopefully along with the roll :))

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
DM Note: Mellisande has yet to see any of the women actually cast a spell. They do have wands that probably require a verbal component, however.

Last edited:

Remove ads