• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Undiscovered Frontier (Finished!)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: The OMG was edited in there before the damage was rolled, lol. I can't believe I rolled a 10. I mean, it's D&D of course I can believe it! It felt like FOREVER waiting for the computer to reload to show us the roll result. Then I'm saying to Jon - "Are you SURE it's a tie, are you SURE???" lol Then that damage and I'm thinking, holy crap, I hope I didn't just kill our entire party. So, I'm not doing any happy dances until I see the DM results :p I still think changing actions after a DM warning is the best idea and we still have to deal with these bad asses so...yah. If it kills ANY of them I'll be happy, let's say I'm cautiously optimistic... ;)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lealani lets loose with a fireball, perfectly aimed and arced against the rock wall to encompass the green robed woman and blue robed woman. Sarpot and Arkos feel the great heat from the blast and are nearly rocked off their feet, but otherwise suffer no damage.

The blast of fire dissipates, revealing both women to now have melting faces and smoldering, tattered robes. Underneath the scoured faces you can see patches of metal underneath skin, scorched black and sparking. It would appear that your opponents are some sort of mechanical golems that regenerate, as the skin begins to heal before your eyes.

The green robed woman and blue robed woman tag team on Sarpot, while the red robed woman swings upon Arkos. The women surprisingly all miss, except for a lucky strike against the flying Arkos that strikes his face and burns his cheek with some internally generated heat (-21 hit points to Arkos).

OOC: A very good round for you, as Lealani's fireball brought two of the women down to less than a third of their hit points, even after regeneration. Also, the women had some horrible attack rolls.

Sarpot and Lealani up. Lealani might want to cross her fingers and go for that fireball again.

Init:
Nerin 21 (unconscious)
Sarpot: 18
Lealani: 12
Arkos: 12
Mellisande: 10
Robed Women: 5

Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...hkey=CLDnwrIM&hl=en_US&authkey=CLDnwrIM#gid=0

Last edited:

Queenie

Queen of Everything
OOC: Okay, rolling the dice of chance, literally, part two. Do you want me to roll the Int check again too? Otherwise...

edit... now just have to hope you fail some saves too! eekks! :eek:

Lealani uses the stave to fire off another round of fire, hoping to melt the unnatural creatures to liquid. "What are these vile... things?!?"

"Arkos, you have the healing beads, can you drop them so I can heal Nerin?"
she yells out.

Last edited:

Fenris

Adventurer
OOC: OOC: Unconscious fighter chiming in to remind Arkos he has all the pebbles of CSW (our fault for not splitting them up, but then again they aren't are Arkos' sheet :p Anyway maybe he can toss that bag down. Or wait it's a part of your feathers isn't it? Um yeah we all need to have those split up since once healer can't access his healing items in most combats and the other is a bone headed wanna be fighter who gets knocked out in combat :lol:

GlassEye

Adventurer
OOC: But the healing items are listed on his Mini Stats which is where I keep the most current and changeable information. We do need to split them up a bit.

Arkos withdraws from the combat with the melting golem-woman and lands just on the other side of Nerin and Sarpot. He shifts from his Raptor form back to his humanoid form and begins rooting in the bag for a stone of healing. After all, Nerin fell a couple of rounds back and he doesn't know how much longer the warrior has. He hopes Sarpot can finish off at least one of the women before their healing powers restore them.

Rather than use a stone, however, he feels compelled to lay his hands upon the warrior... Words of power come unbidden to his mind and he rattles them off with authority. With hands gleaming with power he touches Nerin and translates the power to healing.

[sblock=OOC]Swift: shapechange
Move: Rummage in bag for healing stone
Standard: Cast Cure Moderate Wounds[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]Arkos Stoneborn
Initiative: +1
AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch) [14 w/ Barkskin]
AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 47 Current: 26
Fort: +7 Reflex: +2 Reflex: (Aerial) +4 Will: +8
Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

Attacks
Spear +8 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
Sling +4 (1d3 /crit. x2)
Bite (Predator) +12 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
Talon (Aerial) +11 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)
2 Tentacles (while in Predator) +10 (1d8+7) 10 ft. reach

Spells Prepared:
Spell Save: 14 +SL
3rd level: 2; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2)
2nd level: 3; barkskin, bull's strength, resist energy
1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink

Backpack: healer's kit (x2), sunrod (x2), thunderstone (x2), tanglefoot bag (x2), smoke stick(x2), bedroll, 2 wand CLW, all 20 pebbles of CSW & all 5 pebbles of Remove Disease. food and water.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: A quick note, I am going to rule that Nerin will be back up and can act this round, if he wants, from Arkos' actions. I'll do a real update when I have a bit more time, but Nerin can assume he is up and go next.

Fenris

Adventurer
Nerin awakens and staggers up, with a quick look around take sin the situation. With a nod to Arkos, Nerin savagely attacks the red robed woman.

OOC: Power attack 3

Remove ads