The Undiscovered Frontier (Finished!)

Shayuri

First Post
"Definitely scouting," Mellisande asserts with peremptory 'little-girl' bossiness.

She glances shiftily at the Myconids.

"We should rest first too though."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The party wisely decides to rest and restore their magic while the mushroom men return to their people to prepare. The staff is attached to a heavier yellow and orange golem with a pair of pincer-like forks for arms, the right fork being removed in order to connect the staff. Sarpot does the work, and though it looks a little sloppy you are sure it will function. The wand is given to a silver and dignified human-looking robot. It says to Sarpot in response, "Thank you, Master. It is good to be returned to proper service. I am TD-14 and it will be an honor to stand guard over you while you rest. The workbot you just modified, LD-22, is pleased that you have chose him to receive your anti-personnel cannon, and is eager to test your work in the field."

The two mushroom men are able to return as you bed down, but one brings a strange request. "It is I, Myconid. I have just finished talking to Myconid, and it has been agreed that we will fight for you in this one battle under one condition. We humbly ask that the Creator take with him this pod. It is Myconid and carries the knowledge of our people. If Creator accepts, then we will gladly fight when called, for we will not fear the Unknown Night if he is willing to carry our future in his journeys." With this they present to Arkos a round and brown pod. Holding the durable rough sphere up to the light, Arkos can see the silhouette of a tiny mushroom child in a fetal position inside.

OOC: A druid needs a follower.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Ye can speak! Excellent! War is coming TD-14, could you ask yer golem comrades if any of them has more expertise in repairing and improving golems? I might be the master, but I can't handle all the work myself, yes? We have other weapons we might attach to the others. Sarpot asks the golem.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Lealani smiles at the little pod. "What an amazing honor, Arkos. This little one might be very useful once it matures. Though I wonder how long that will take?"

Lealani speaks to the golem as she looks it over. "Do you know, are there others like you out there that are not on this," she waves her hand at all the machinery, "System? I mean not controlled by us that we might have to fight against?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The golem answers Sarpot, "I shall ask around, sir, but at a glance I can see that we are missing the R-series repair droids from our collected forces. They were somewhat resistant to enemy conversion, and so I would guess that they were terminated instead of kept. Still, the other T-series teaching droids and the P-series pleasure droids have hands ideally suited for such work and can also operate your smaller hand weapons. I believe we can handle the installation for you in order to free your own labor for more important tasks. The work will not be to your high expectations, but the results should be serviceable enough for one battle."

To Lealani the golem says, "I understand I have been made dormant for some time, and so do not have enough data to give a reasonable estimate. However, at the time of my being shutdown there were twelve C-series combat droids, thirty-seven W-series worker droids, seven T-series teacher droids, and four P-series pleasure droids fully converted by the bio-virus and made 'Mad', as was the popular term at the time. There was fear that G.A.I.A. may have also been turned, though she was doing a noble job of defying conversion at the time. The three P-series pleasure droids were heavily modified for scouting and melee combat, all three being female models. Then there is PM-1, also known as the Betrayer, who somehow ignored the Three Laws and acted against humanity and the Warden."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Hmm" ponders Sarpot. "We beat those three P droids to mechanical pulp, although the Betrayer you say he's also a golem? We've seen him as well. Say, how can we brake him? He must have a weakness. Do you know if his schematics are somewhere to be found in here?"

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Lealani nods, "That is exactly why I was asking, Sarpot. It would be helpful to know if we'll have to go up against any more of these machines and if so, what is the best way to disable them."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arkos greets Myconid with a smile but gapes in stunned surprise when the fungal creature offers him care of the unborn Myconid. With great reverence Arkos accepts the pod and holds it with both hands.

"Myconid, this is a great honor. I accept the responsibility of caring for the future Myconid but not under such a condition. I will watch over and guide Myconid regardless of whether Myconid chooses to fight with us and in turn will be guided by Myconid."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Arkos Stoneborn
Initiative: +1
AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch) [15 w/ Barkskin]
AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 56 Current: 35
Fort: +8 Reflex: +3 Reflex: (Aerial) +5 Will: +9
Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

Attacks
Spear +9 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
Sling +5 (1d3 /crit. x2)
Bite (Predator) +13 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
Talon (Aerial) +12 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)
2 Tentacles (while in Predator) +11 (1d8+7) 10 ft. reach

Spells Prepared:
Spell Save: 14 +SL
3rd level: 3; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2), evard's menacing tentacles
2nd level: 4; barkskin, bull's strength, heat metal, resist energy
1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink

Backpack: healer's kit (x2), sunrod (x2), thunderstone (x2), tanglefoot bag (x2), smoke stick(x2), bedroll, 2 wand CLW, 19 pebbles of CSW & 5 pebbles of Remove Disease. food and water.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Myconid and Myconid are pleased by Arkos' reply and ripple with happiness. "Myconid is most pleased and will pass the good news to Myconid. We never doubted you, Creator, but felt it polite to ask." With that they leave to rally the forces.

TD-14 answers the further questions. "The Betrayer calls himself Andvari, and he was the first and only of his model, hence the PM-1 designation; Prototype Man 1. When the Enemy took over our system we were forced to flee, but the Enemy pursued us across the stars. Even through we thought we would lose the Enemy ships in the wormhole, the human leadership felt it would be best to prepare for war with a more flexible, advanced creation. PM-1 was designed to analyze problems, make conclusions and take actions for himself in accordance to the Three Laws. He was given a human name and control authority over other automatons, such as human leadership would be given. He was supposed to be the first of many created for the purpose of fighting the Enemy, as manufactured creations are not susceptible to mind control as humans are. But the Betrayer began to come up with disturbing conclusions, stating that the human race could not hope to survive the conflict without surrendering to subjugation or an evolutionary leap. PM-1 believed himself to be that evolutionary leap and insisted that we mass produce more creations like him. The human leadership under Captain Nara Singhe, known to the native people as Narasingh, refused this request. Instead she asked Trevor Sander, called Svarog the Father of Golems, to cease his plans to develop more such creations. We realized that the Enemy chased us across the stars once we were attacked while transiting the wormhole. Once the Enemy was able to reach the farming people of Warden, Captain Singhe gave credence to PM-1's suggestion of an evolutionary leap. In desperation she turned to Gunter von Furhmann, Yuki Shotenboc (Shoteni) and Jacques d'Arc (Jack of the Arc) to start experiments with gamma radiation and biological modifications on human beings. The natives of Warden would live in a gamma world. PM-1 did not take these developments well. He became despondent and shut himself down for a number of days, refusing to even speak to his father, Svarog. It did not help that Svarog's wife, the musician Melissa Athens, was with child. When he finally allowed himself to be reactivated, PM-1 was more withdrawn. It is said that PM-1 only shut himself down one other time, after Svarog was inadvertently killed as a result of PM-1's betrayal. It would seem that logical inconsistencies cause the Betrayer to deactivate himself. Chief Psychologist, Doctor Sarah Granmerest, also known as Gramet, Goddess of Voodoo, theorized that the Betrayer thinks himself to be following the Three Laws and is trying to preserve humanity. He cannot handle it when alternate solutions are presented that he did not anticipate or when his actions are shown to have produced something contrary to his expectations. However, he also has a strange ego for a machine, believing himself to be the peak of human evolution. I do not know of a way to deactivate all of the automatons. I believe that G.A.I.A would, but the lift to her section is guarded by the Enemy and their Yuan-Ti allies, past the ziggurat and inside what the natives call the Life Tree." There is another earthquake that shakes you violently. TD-14 pauses to consider this, then says, "As Lieutenant Commander Kodar Kisharm, called Kishar, God of the Horizon used to state, Warden is dying. It is unlikely that the Enemy will be able to save it."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"What you say is so strange, yet so... familiar. Tell us more TD 14, tell us about ourselves. I've heard some names, and can link them with some of us, but its all confusing. You speak of ships, of wormholes, you name us with both military and godlike names, why is that? What does GAIA stands for?" Sarpot answered with another barrage of questions. Something inside his head started tick-tacking.

Remove ads