The Undiscovered Frontier (Finished!)

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arkos swiftly shifts back into his mephling form. He shoots Andvari a glare and steps onto the flying disc. He doesn't know how to operate it but he's going to give it a shot anyway. Anything to try to keep the advantage away from the Betrayer. If random activation doesn't work he'll see if he can tip the device over the edge of the ziggurat.

Trying to delay for time he speaks, "Andvari the Betrayer. You had such potential. For a golem."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Arkos Stoneborn
Initiative: +1
AC: 12 (11 flat-footed, 12 Touch) [15 w/ Barkskin]
AC: (Predator) 16 (15 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
AC: (Aerial) 14 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 56 Current: 22
Fort: +8 Reflex: +3 Reflex: (Aerial) +5 Will: +9
Speed: 30 ft., burrow 10 ft.
Speed: (Predator) 50 ft.
Speed: (Aerial) fly 40 ft. (good)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

Attacks
Spear +9 (1d6+7 /crit. x3)
Sling +5 (1d3 /crit. x2)
Bite (Predator) +13 (1d4+8 /crit. x2; as magic)
Talon (Aerial) +12 (1d4+7 /crit. x2; as magic)
Breath Weapon (1d8; bludgeoning; Ref 15 for half dmg.)
2 Tentacles (while in Predator) +11 (1d8+7) 10 ft. reach

Spells Prepared:
Spell Save: 14 +SL
3rd level: 3; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2), evard's menacing tentacles
2nd level: 4; barkskin, bull's strength, heat metal, resist energy
1st level: 4; cure light wounds, faerie fire, goodberry, produce flame
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink

Backpack: healer's kit (x2), sunrod (x2), thunderstone (x2), tanglefoot bag (x2), smoke stick(x2), bedroll, 2 wand CLW, 19 pebbles of CSW & 5 pebbles of Remove Disease. food and water.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Andvari suddenly recognizes Arkos, then realizes what he is attempting and rushes forward in an attempt to stop him. "My you have grown fast. Your father's research no doubt. We are both artificial creations in a way, evolved and greater than our forebears. And I am no betrayer, Henri, just a realist. Will you force a confrontation in order to see if your father's biological feats will surpass my own father's mechanical?"

OOC: Hmmm.... Arkos doesn't have a skill I can associate with a high-tech flyer. If Arkos 'Henri' Stoneborn can make a DC 14 Intelligence check, I'll rule that he is able to perform a poorly controlled launch of the flyer before Andvari reaches him.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arkos works at activating the flyer.

"Me force a confrontation? You have twisted every project to your own warped design. You have brought this about, not I."

Arkos almost has it, he can feel it on the edge of activation, but too late...

[sblock=OOC]Int check: 1d20+1=13[/sblock]

Current Weapon in Hand:

Attacks
Sling +5 (1d3 /crit. x2)

Spells Prepared:
3rd level: 3; cure moderate wounds, evard's menacing tentacles (PHB2), evard's menacing tentacles
orisons: 5; create water, cure minor wounds, detect magic, light, purify food & drink

Backpack: healer's kit (x2), sunrod (x2), thunderstone (x2), tanglefoot bag (x2), smoke stick(x2), bedroll, 2 wand CLW, 19 pebbles of CSW & 5 pebbles of Remove Disease. food and water.[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
On the ground, three of the surviving yuan-ti act. One of them is able to escape (Y6), while the second gets nowhere and still stuck (YS1).

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3973147/

The escaped yuan-ti throws his spear at Lealani after rushing out of the zone of goo and partially hiding near a tree. The spear widely misses.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3973153/

The last yuan-ti spins around, but seeing that Lealani activated her shield, he switches targets to Nerin and lets fly his volley of magic missiles (-12 hps to Nerin.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3973183/

Arkos tries, but fails, to launch the flyer. Just as he feels he is getting close to a proper lift off, Andvari flies at him with a sidekick aimed for his ribs. Andvari misses Arkos, and the druid has a chance to attempt to fly off again.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3973231/

A grating noise can be heard from below, near the base of the ziggurat at the doors that were being guarded.

OOC: All PCs now need an 18 to escape the goo.

Init:
Mellisande: 16
Nerin: 15
Lealani: 14
Arkos: 10
Sarpot: 10
Yuan-Ti: 9

Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...hkey=CLDnwrIM&hl=en_US&authkey=CLDnwrIM#gid=0

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sarpot finally gets free of the goo, and seeing the shield his partner activated deviated the attention of the wand wielding yuanti, he also activates his shield belt. "Just you wait, I'll slice you in dices!"

Str: 21! Finally!

GlassEye

Adventurer
Arkos continues to work at the flyer in an attempt to rob Andvari of its usefulness but his earlier facility is lost in the pressure of the moment.

[sblock=OOC]Int check: 1d20+1=4

Not sure what sort of action it is to try to activate the flyer. If he has a standard action left, he'll use his breath weapon on Andvari.[/sblock]

Current Weapon in Hand:

Attacks
Sling +5 (1d3 /crit. x2)

Spells Prepared:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Trying to get the machine to fly is quite complicated for Arkos and he really doesn't have time for anything else. Still, I'll house rule that in this situation he can pull it off since he's been sitting on the flyer for three rounds now.

Shayuri

First Post
Finally Mellisande manages to wiggle and wriggle out of the entrapping goo, though she has to leave her cloak behind to do it.

Bursting free, she takes stock of the battlefield, noting the last yuan-ti standing, and its attack on Leilani.

The tiny woman sings one of her strange songs, and seems to stretch and blur, like a painting that's being smudged out by the artist's finger. The colors that make up her image snap out into a sort of beam of shifting, blinding light that sprays into the yuan-ti's face!

A moment later, the sharp-eared might hear little footsteps pattering away towards where Arkos contends with Andvari.

Escape roll: 23
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3994786/

(Assuming I can still take an action after an attempt to escape, which if answered before I didn't see :), Mellisande casts Blinding Color Surge on the last yuan-ti standing. It turns her invisible for up to 6 rounds and it gets to make a Will save at DC 19 or be blinded 6 rounds.)

Remove ads