The Unofficial Christmas Swag Thread

MonkeyDragon

Explorer
Lets see. A new stand fan to replace my broken one, some plastic storage tubs I wanted, a bunch of clothes I didn't ask for but are nice anyway. Including pajamas wth sock monekys on them! I dont usually wear flannel pajamas, but I will wear these. Because of the monkeys.

Nice fleece blanket. A bunch of DVDs: The Incredibles, Batman, Kingdom of Heaven, and the Jim Henson Story Hour! Anyone remember these? I'm looking forward to watching that later. A book.

And the gaming swag: Box of minis, enough stretchy book covers to keep my gaming library covered for many books to come, and, with great excitement, a dice tray! Chessex stopped making theirs, but this one is wood with a nice cushy felt lining.

Finally, and most importantly if not the most exciting, new glasses. I need them, and my insurance (when I get it) will only cover the exam. It will be nice to see again.

griff_goodbeard

First Post
My folks got me a reciprical excersice bike to help me with my physical theropy, several dress shirts/ ties for me to wear to work, and the fun stuff. A 4" pocket knife, with a dragon (looks like a red dragon ;)) carved into the handle and engraved on the blade. The best was a gift certificate from my folks to the local tattoo parlor to get one of my tattoo's finnished. My dad made an appt. for tomorrow from the two of us to go. I was totally surprised.

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
I got money from parents and grandparents, The Origin of PCs, Iron Maiden's Seventh Son of a Seventh Son album, a gift certificate to a local coffee shop, a handmade comfy black scarf, and an amulet bearing the Yellow Sign!

arwenarrowny

First Post
List isn't complete yet, but here goes...

The wife and I got an iPod video for ourselves (pretty much the only thing we've gotten for ourselves all year).
Our 2-year old son got a pile of die-cast cars and a couple of Golden books.
There will be more to come later in the week when we go home to see our families.

But the best gift so far...
One of my good friends, who has a tendency to be generous to a fault, informed me Friday evening that he was going to buy me a GenCon badge, so I can go for the first time! Needless to say, I'm very excited.

Dark Jezter

First Post
Stuff I've gotten from friends & family this holiday season:

Call of Duty 2
The Simpsons Season 7
A KISS t-shirt
A new pair of shoes
Classic Steve Martin DVD 3-pack (includes The Jerk, The Lonely Man, and Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid)
A Bathroom Reader book
The entire miniseries of Lonesome Dove on DVD
A Blockbuster Video $15 gift card
Sahara on DVD
An iTunes $15 gift card
A University of Utah Hospital Airmed Crew hat
Cash

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I got:

A couple of turtles for my turtle collection.

A black opal. (I do jewelry design as a hobby.)

$200.

A fat bonus check.

With those last 2, I may just put down some money on a new guitar...

I gave:

Peanut-butter flavored biscuits to my Mom's 2 Border Collies.

A hand-embroidered Christmas stocking, socks, pen and baseball hat with Border Collie motifs to my Mom (she collects Border Collies).

The complete, annotated Sherlock Holmes to my Dad.

Each of my closest male friends 2 Curtis Stephen CDs (Razed Records) . (Curtis is my church's music director, and a top flight Christian rocker.)

Some Oberon embossed leather mini-journals (Oberon ).

Numion

First Post
The loot was below the DMG guidelines for a dude of my level ;) Bunch of movie tickets, winter cap, cookbook, magazine subscription .. hmm. I must be in a very gritty campaign.

But I gave out some good loot, so I got some kicks out of that. I gave my brother the Tarantino boxed set, my parents computer stuff and bigger 512 memory card for a digital camera. But I'm not sure they'll learn to use the RW drive or even the card reader.

Luckily I made sure myself that I got something - Band of Borthers DVD, a nice winter jacket filled with FLUFF (that's the dictionary suggestion for those small feathers) and fur trim. I guess at my age the food and company are the most improtant. Or that's what anyone who got little presents would say, now wouldn't they? ;)

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
For me: a PSP, the complete Set 4 of the Anachronism card game, and a very comfy set of pjs and robe from my daughter.

reveal: The aforementioned daughter got the Leappad Plus Writing, too. She absolutely loves the Leappad products; she had the toddler one, then the regular Leappad. I hope your little guy likes his just as much.

This was a year of chaos for us; new job, new house, new baby (born two weeks ago). To compensate a tiny bit, we were blessed to be able to relax and enjoy most of the day at home without any big family pressures. We came over to my parents' for dinner (fifteen minutes away), then home we'll go again. No two-thousand-mile travels for us this year, thank goodness! :) That's a great present by itself.

Remove ads