• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Unofficial Christmas Swag Thread

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Reveal, my daughter's haul looks similar to your son's. She was opening stuff for HOURS. Her grandparents spoil her rotten. But it sure is fun to watch!

This year was a bit leaner than typical in terms of gifts I actually got ON Christmas as both my dad and in-laws bought us our new kitchen and living room floor. But I still felt like I got plenty of stuff. My wife knit me a scarf and gave me a new video card and RAM for the PC (now it actually plays Civ IV worth a damn! :D ). I also got a couple DVD's and a CD. I too got a copy of "On the Origin of PC's" (OotS) and loved it. I got one of those LED flashlights that you don't need batteries for and it is neat. New set of drill bits including nut drivers, hole saws, spade bits, all that stuff.

Perhaps the best gift in terms of what it means and the ensuing conversation was the $100 cash that my mom gave me.

Me: "That's going in the 'GenCon Fund'."

Wife: "There's a 'GenCon Fund'?"

Me: "Yes!"

Wife: "When is it you'll be gone this year?..."

SEE?! She's not fighting me! The odds are looking better and better all the time! ;)

Crothian

First Post
The Digitial camera nd printer where my big ones this year. Now I can talk all sorts of crazy picks of Rel at Gen Con this year. :D

I got like 5 pounds of assorted choclates and other sweets. I keep wondering when someone is going to let my aunts and uncles know I'm not a chocolate fan. Oh, well I don't mind and my friends like them.

I got a really cool photograph of Mark Twain and a Welcome sign that has a dragon and a castle on it. My walls are bare and I always need things to hang on them. Now all I have to do is actually hang them. I'm bad on that part.

I got some cool Ohio State stuff. I always like that.

I got some metal puzzles. they are the typoeos where you have a ring on a crazy grouping of metal things and you have to find a way for the ring to come off. Plus I can throw them at people. I'm fairly certain the second use is not what they are designed for though.

I got Changling books, Black Company RPG, and some other cool gaming supplies.

DVS I go Angel, Smallville, Lone Gunmen, Cube 2. Got a cool Celtic CD.

All in all a very fun Christmas!!

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
I made out like a bandit: :cool:

Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting
RIFTS Conversion Book 2
Memorex 75 Pack Blank CDs
2006 Calendar
DDM Starter Set
MASH Season 7
Hary Potter & The Goblet of Fire Soundtrack
3 year Subscription to Dragon
6 Blank VHS Tapes
200 gig External Hard Drive

IronWolf

blank
der_kluge said:
Last night, making this wooden kitchen set for my daughter,

Hey, IronPup got one of these for Christmas as well! He loves it! Keeps making tea and waffles for me!

Anyways, I did pretty good for Christmas.

Races of Stone (from our group's DM so I could quit borrowing one of the other player's books!)
2 Underdark Booster Packs
Spell Compendium (not here yet, but on its way per the person who picked it up for me)
2 Computer Security Books
Postfix Book (email server)
Syn/Ack T-Shirt from ThinkGeek
Binary Travel Mug from ThinkGeek
First Star Wars Trilogy on DVD
$$$ for my new computer fund I plan on purchasing in February

HHhmm, looking over my list - I may be more of a geek than I thought!

Aaron L

Hero
I got a laptop!!!!! TOTALLY unexpected.

And I got an absolutely RAD Ghost Rider shirt, bright yellow with black velvet! :) Even has a Zarathos patch on the arm.

Belen

Adventurer
My mother went totally nuts (again) this year:

Family:

Episode III DVD
3 pairs of slacks
3 polo shirts
2 tee shirts
Bissel Spotbot
Large painting
small painting
Hunter ceiling fan
Cash

In-laws:

Cash
Mr. and Mrs. Smith DVD
Batman Begins soundtrack
Firefly soundtrack

Wife:

Lois and Clark season 1 DVD
Sliders season 3 DVD
Narnia Soundtrack

I am sure that I am missing stuff, but that it about right. It was a fairly good Christmas. I may even be able to afford a new car for my wife in a few months.

kyloss

First Post
Nice big Emril(sp) pots and pans set
choper/blender combo
sushi set
giftcards-one went for new router other going for new cutlery set
kingkong game
multitool with light
my dads old tivo with full lifetime subscription all ready paid

I had a very good christmas!

StupidSmurf

First Post
I got, from various sources:

- A black t-shirt with the Superman "S" in a sort of fiery style.

- A Golden Age Green Lantern (Alan Scott) power battery and power ring. The battery lights up in a lovely green light when you touch the ring to it.

- Munchkin Bites 2 expansion deck

- And, the crowning touch, a beautiful Necronomicon. Yeah, a fully decorated, written in Latin, illustrated, creepy cover, big ol' Necronimicon. :D

Remove ads