• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Untamed Wilds: Caravan Campaign

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tor gets some much needed rest.

Merin will play with Turtle and Myth for a little while, before rising to go look for Titanium, Iron, Copper, Gold, Silver, Carbone, and Pietrazulfo.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 41:

When Sheldon and Indigo return to camp, it is almost dark. After checking on everyone's health, Sheldon gathers the group's attention.
Indigo and I came across 3 things of note while out hunting.

About a 3 hours' slow walk in that direction, we came across some very large beetles. We avoided them not knowing if they would prove more dangerous than the 2 of us could handle.

More importantly while avoiding the beetles, we came across another encampment of people. We did not get close enough to determine much, to make sure we were not discovered as well.

Also, on the way back more over in this direction, we came across a brown snake about twice as long as I am tall

Tor gets some much needed rest.

Merin will play with Turtle and Myth for a little while, before rising to go look for Titanium, Iron, Copper, Gold, Silver, Carbone, and Pietrazulfo.
GM: Merin confirms the results that Sannit determined when looking for the precious metals. Nothing further is located of that type. He also only detects a trivial amount of carbone. Surprisingly, by a rocky outcropping, he finds a brick(fist-sized rock) of pietrazulfo. The real shocker comes when detecting for iron. Merin is shaken like having been hit in the chest. He detects an overwhelming amount of iron. With the help of Myth, Turtle, and Bolo, the 4 begin raking the straw away from the rocky outcropping where the pietrazulfo was found to reveal a sizable vein of iron, so much so it will require a team of miners and tools to acquire it. Merin is able to retrieve 9 loose ingots.

OOC: New Collection:
1 Emerald Beetle Carapace 05%
7 Ivory Beetle Carapaces 05%
6 Verdant Spider Carcasses 10%
1 Mottled Brown Stone
1 Shiny Yellow Stone
10 Iron Ingots
Location of Large Iron Vein
2 Silver Ingots
1 Pietrazulfo Brick
71 Bricks of Pork
208 Bricks of Venison
1 Pig Hide 40%
1 Deer Hide 40%
2 Deer Hides 30%

GM: Note: I deduct from the quantity of meat each day to represent food consumption. This is why those numbers decrease until new game is acquired.

State intentions for how to proceed in the morning or suggestions for such.

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin sketches out a rough map to where the iron vein is, then asks for everyone's help in covering it back up again, by replacing the straw.

Now that we have a whole brick of the stuff, Merin will use it to augment the group's combined detection abilities, in an attempt to find more of it.

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit congratulates Merin on finding the iron vein and adds, "Sounds like the Seekers will have another mining percentage coming our way." After listening to Sheldon describe what they found he says, "I think we have enough carapace, unless the rest of you want more, and one snake doesn't sound worth our trouble, but the camp of people I would like to investigate. If they are part of a tribe it may be more allies we can add to Southroad Fair's trade route."

Bolo takes an interest in the play with Turtle and Myth too. She is excited to speak with Merin about the animal bonding, comparing experiences and hoping to learn as much as she imparts.

Turtle loves his humans, but he's glad to have an animal friend too. He had never met a lynx before.

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
OOC: GM Tip
Don't be discouraged. You need to have 10 ranks in Invocation, Wisdom, Discipline, and O'ology before you can Imbue an item. It is much more complicated than brewing a concoction. I thought this would be a funny way to represent the lack.

OOC: Yeah it was an amusing fail. I'm not discouraged, I find it interesting to experiment with the way abilities.

OOC: GM Note:I took this for granted when I made the calculations.

OOC: I put stuff like that in my posts, but I assume character development through spending xp covers that in gameplay.

GM: Always a good idea. There is always the chance of gaining XP from role play.

Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Day 42: A Side Venture

The night is uneventful. The Seekers make plans as they break camp in the morning.
Sannit -
"I think we have enough carapaces, unless the rest of you want more, and one snake doesn't sound worth our trouble, but the camp of people I would like to investigate. If they are part of a tribe it may be more allies we can add to Southroad Fair's trade route."
Sheldon responds -
One snake really is not worth the direct effort. I doubt we could even locate it again. With the beetles, they seem to be more common than we first realized. Again I agree, I see no reason to make special effort to locate some out of the way.

I was hoping everyone would want to investigate the other camp. Indigo and I will lead the way. We should take it slow to make our presence less obvious

MacConnell

Day 42: Meeting the Neighbors

Since the previous encounter happened while hunting, the entire party takes the same amount of time to cover the distance.

Sheldon -
The camp was that way just over this rise. How to you want to handle approach?

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin says, "If they're this far out, they might be Way-active; what do you think of the possibility of giving them a mental tap on the shoulder? I am unsure as to the wisdom of it."

Remove ads