The Untamed Wilds: Caravan Campaign

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Technical Information

OOC: Do talismans and stones stack?
GM: Nothing that offers a permanent effect stacks. The system is designed to persuade the owner to trade the lesser item for the better.

For example, the Peacock Feather Talisman offers augmentation to Persona and Will, while a White Stone offers augmentation to Will, only. Carrying both would convey Persona + 1 and Will +1 to the bearer, so there is no longer any need to carry the White Stone.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Sheldon Engages Bolo

Bolo is fascinated with the talismans, turning them over in her hands and examining each one closely. She keeps the green stone to help with her archery.
Watching Bolo examine the talismans, Sheldon interjects,
"Now that we understand the benefits of each item, I think we should divide the items equally among us based on personal preference to their benefits. While some things like the ingots and the stones have monetary value, the talismans are likely not worth anything in trade. They only benefit the wearer in ways that most folks could never understand."

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
GM: Nothing that offers a permanent effect stacks. The system is designed to persuade the owner to trade the lesser item for the better.

OOC: Good I was afraid we were going to start looking like walking flea markets for a second.

Bolo says to Sheldon, "This workmanship is simple. I wonder if we could rework the talismans to make them look better." She holds up the boar tusks. "I'm curious as to how much could I carve into this before it loses its properties?"

Last edited:

MacConnell

Discussing the Find

Bolo says to Sheldon,
"This workmanship is simple. I wonder if we could rework the talismans to make them look better." She holds up the boar tusks. "I'm curious as to how much could I carve into this before it loses its properties?"
OOC: The Boar Tusks have been bored through with a small hole and fashioned into a talisman that can be worn as a necklace.

Sheldon considers -
"That is a good question. I guess we would sense it, but at the moment we did, we will have already gone too far."

GM: Note: The power of stones and ingots is directly related to Allomancy, which is a further skill of Academic. Allomantic Talismans can also be made use of by a bearer skilled in Angelic Sorcery.

Any talisman made from animal parts where the animal does not need to be harmed to collect the part is directly related to Hermetics, which is a further skill of Academic.

Any talisman made from carrion animals or animal parts in which the animal must be harmed to acquire the part is directly related to Necromancy, which is a further skill of Aberrative. Necromantic Talismans can also be made use of by a bearer skilled in Diabolic Sorcery.

As the augmentation of items becomes more powerful, it will be necessary to have ranks in their particular field in order for the bearer to make use of the item.

GM: Special Note:
Only Bolo or Indigo or Sheldon can make use of the Burgundy Stone. It requires at least 1 rank in Academic or 1 rank in Theologic.

Sheldon continues, addressing the group,
"Merin and I have been discussing our particular skills at manipulating way. Rather than have both of us continue to pursue the same path, I am going to try to focus my growing ability in a different direction to try to maximize our effectiveness as a group."
GM: Technical Note:
I am going to switch Sheldon's Aberrative skill to Theologic to try to round out the party's Collegiate Skills.

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Sannit picks up one of the rodent skulls and peers at it for a moment. "I think this could help with what I was saying before about slowing opponents down. What do you think, should I wear it on a headband on my forehead?" He holds it up and asks Bolo.

Bolo glances at the skull. "Hang it from your belt on the opposite side of where I walk. If there are any unclaimed talismans I would like to experiment with them, seeing if I can combine their abilities by matching up certain materials."

Turtle yawns and gets up. It's about time to go find something to eat.

Sannit will search the area for gold, silver, titanium, carbone, and pietrazulfo.

Bolo will experiment with combining stones and talismans. Specifically she will attempt to use songbird and vulture feathers to create a talisman that grants +1 will and +1 confluence. If that works she will try to add the green stone to give it motility +1.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tor wouldn't mind the Green Rock, either. We can do rock/paper/scissors if it comes down to it :)

As for Merin, perhaps the Rodent Skulls? That would give him +1 Motility just for wearing it, and +1 to his Lethargy (Paralyze) attempts... is the Rodent Skull used up in the attempt? Or is it re-usable?

MacConnell

A Few Tasks

Sannit will search the area for gold, silver, titanium, carbone, and pietrazulfo.
[sblock=Detect Minerals]Range = Cohesion + Persona = 14 strides
Essence + Mind + Knowledge + Cohesion + Persona +
Collegiate + Academic = 48[/sblock]
OOC: Gold = none.
Silver = trivial.
Titanium = none.
Carbone = 8 bricks
Pietrazulfo = faint

GM: Sannit is disappointed with his search for metals, but is surprised to find a sizable chunk of carbone which can be broken up and collected using the but end of Saemund's Fighting Axe.

Kwargrow said:
Bolo will experiment with combining stones and talismans. Specifically she will attempt to use songbird and vulture feathers to create a talisman that grants +1 will and +1 confluence. If that works she will try to add the green stone to give it motility +1.
GM: Bolo finds that by refashioning the talismans into a more pleasing type of jewelry for her liking, in no diminished their inherent augmentations. Using a spare bowstring from Sheldon's collection, she is able to fashion a single item from the Green Stone, Vulture Feathers, and Songbird Feathers. It can then be worn as a necklace or as a fetish hung from a belt.

+1 XP for Bolo.

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
At the place where Sannit found all the Carbone, Merin will collect a small amount (a measure's worth) to experiment with, if possible. His reasoning is that Carbone makes fires hotter, so he might be able to use it as a Way Augmentation.

Remove ads